American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I don't think it's even open to interpretation. I think you nailed it on the head. Bravo.

Is The Favorite Son and GI Joe the same person ?

Also, John Gallagher mentions it in an interview answer about what he has decided (with Michael Mayor and Billie Joe) about the background of his character. So it is not meant to be part of the plot :)

Yeah, that too :)

Is The Favorite Son and GI Joe the same person ?

I just used the "GI Joe" name as an offhand nickname for the military persona that the Favorite Son takes on when he morphs into a military man. It's not an official character name or anything. :)

I just used the "GI Joe" name as an offhand nickname for the military persona that the Favorite Son takes on when he morphs into a military man. It's not an official character name or anything. :)

I got that. Used the same names to ask my question :)

Do you think Tunny is blinded by the glamour of the Favourite Son, as you describe it, and just doesn't get at first that he is reaping souls for the army ? Till he actually morphs i mean ?

Yes. And the transition is stellar. As I said in my long review, it's the best costume change in Broadway history. Favorite son in wearing nothing but underwear, and if you blink your eyes, you'll miss him turn into a fully functional military sergeant (the dancers dress him). One of the more brilliant parts of the show actually which ends the scene with them "patriotically" saluting each other.

I remember one time watching the girls dress him, actually sitting there hoping they would get his shoes on in time, lol. It gave them just a bit of a problem. It's cool how the whole thing is choreographed. And it's really great how that whole scene goes from light-hearted and chipper to so serious in such a short period of time.

Btw, I read your review when you first posted it - had me laughing the whole way thru. I went to comment a few times, and I didn't really know where to start, I guess. But it was fun to read and you pointed out a lot of good stuff! :)

• Like 1

I just got the soundtrack yesterday. I generally really like it; the harmonies just sound amazing together. The one thing I didn't like though: the very end of Too Much Too Soon, when that girl adds all those extra notes and whatnot. To me, it just brutally raped and murdered the song.

I just got the soundtrack yesterday. I generally really like it; the harmonies just sound amazing together. The one thing I didn't like though: the very end of Too Much Too Soon, when that girl adds all those extra notes and whatnot. To me, it just brutally raped and murdered the song.

I think "raped and murdered" are pretty strong terms regarding Alyssa's bit there. lol.

It makes sense in the show itself, as she's using it to rip into Will for being a dickhead couch slacker. It's the part where Heather leaves him and Alyssa is helping her to go.

So it works surprisingly well live, rape and murder aside.

I made a point to not listen to any of the songs outside of the context of the show out of fear of feeling the same.

A wise move.

It's sometimes hard to picture an album actually being used in an acting context, that's for sure.

I think "raped and murdered" are pretty strong terms regarding Alyssa's bit there. lol.

It makes sense in the show itself, as she's using it to rip into Will for being a dickhead couch slacker. It's the part where Heather leaves him and Alyssa is helping her to go.

So it works surprisingly well live, rape and murder aside.

Wait, is Alyssa a character in the play? Cuz my name's Alyssa and now I'm a little confused :lol:

Yes, that's it. However, Facebook caps personal pages at 5,000 friends so I don't know if he's accepting lately. You can try, though. :)

sucks, but that FB account has reached it's friend capacity, so tony is directing everyone to his facebook fan page where he'll be putting all his news and updates from now on:

http://www.facebook.com/tonyvincentfans

you can also sign up for his newsletter here:

http://www.tonyvincent.com/contact/index.php

~ingrid.

Wait, is Alyssa a character in the play? Cuz my name's Alyssa and now I'm a little confused :lol:

Alyssa is the name of the actress who sings that part.

Right, I don't think the character has a name. Sorry to confuse you. Her name is Alyssa Umphress.

If I move, it is, by definition, wise. :dance:

Tis true! lol. :whistle

Right, I don't think the character has a name. Sorry to confuse you. Her name is Alyssa Umphress.

Ohhh, haha okay :lol: thanks

Just a minor correction. Her name is Alysha, not Alyssa. :)

I noticed the other night a couple of things...

1) The black tank that Johnny wears at the end. On the black of it is an upside down image of the angel that's behind St. Jimmy during Last Night On Earth.

2) Johnny's name tag during the East 12th Street says "Gallagher." :happy:

3) Chase is back and he hadn't been back since previews so I don't think he was there for the final "She's a Rebel" costume change. His outfit for it... hilarious! Kobak's is pretty awesome, too. :lol:

Just a minor correction. Her name is Alysha, not Alyssa. :)

Whatever. Thanks. I guess.

You know, I guess there should be someone who pays such attention to these things.

Apparently, michael esper had added a new bit to favourite son! Anyone know what is it?? also what are the shes a rebel costumes like??

Could someone please tell me, and maybe put it under spoilers, how 'Last Of The American Girls/She's A Rebel' is done in the show ? And maybe the new thing Will does in The Favorite Son as well ? :)

Could someone please tell me, and maybe put it under spoilers, how 'Last Of The American Girls/She's A Rebel' is done in the show

Could you be a little more specific? I mean, it's basically just a scene where the whole ensemble gets together and dances since Johnny and Whatsername are supposed to be in a club. I would add more detail, but I'm not exactly sure what you want to know :/

Someone posted this on the Idiot Club. I did not know that Green Day was writing a "cyber-horror movie..." back in 1998, lol.

I wish they had gone through with this! It would have been... awesome :D

Could you be a little more specific? I mean, it's basically just a scene where the whole ensemble gets together and dances since Johnny and Whatsername are supposed to be in a club. I would add more detail, but I'm not exactly sure what you want to know :/

I mean, now that 'She's a rebel' (sung by just Johnny ) is a mash up with 'Last of the American Girl' is there a major difference with how it was staged in Berkely ?