American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I love that part about 10 year old Johnny trying to play Green Day on his new guitar and 13 year old Johnny getting his little neck snapped on stage.......cool kid :lol:

Just a heads up. John's featured in an article in NYLON Guys magazine. It's a one page deal, but the article is great and there's this lovely picture involved. :shifty:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i45.tinypic.com/214y1kh.jpg[/img

Here's a little snippet of the article:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i48.tinypic.com/4jmdxt.jpg[/img

:wub:

Great article! And very very very lovely picture :wub:

Where do you all read that article? I can only find/see that snippet that was posted that goes till '(he was 10)'....

Constance McMillen, set to meet Obama and march for Gay Pride, can take pride in 'ruining' her prom

[...]

Now she's coming to New York - and she's invited everywhere. There will be tickets to "American Idiot," a barbecue at Gracie Mansion, a concert in Woodstock and, of course, Sunday's Gay Pride March.

[...]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/06/22/2010-06-22_she_can_take_pride_in_ruining_the_prom.html

Where do you all read that article? I can only find/see that snippet that was posted that goes till '(he was 10)'....

Here's the rest of it. Sorry for the choppiness:

14jmerd.jpg

8yi05w.jpg

xdtvmr.jpg

24o0fq1.jpg

25ko8li.jpg

Wallace Smith has confirmed to me on Facebook that he will be replacing Joshua as Favorite Son.

Wallace Smith has confirmed to me on Facebook that he will be replacing Joshua as Favorite Son.

Is Joshua leaving then ? Is he going to another show ?

That picture of Johnny in that article is AH-MAY-ZING. I also really want those shoes. :shifty:

Is Joshua leaving then ? Is he going to another show ?

Here is all I know:

Me

Congrats on joining American Idiot! Will you be in the ensemble, or are you taking over for Joshua?

Wallace

Hey justin, taking over for joshua! Thank you man

Here is all I know:

Me

Congrats on joining American Idiot! Will you be in the ensemble, or are you taking over for Joshua?

Wallace

Thank you for your polite curiousity :)

Here is all I know:

Me

Wallace

While I'm sure Wallace will be good, I'm glad I got to see this with the original Broadway cast.

While I'm sure Wallace will be good, I'm glad I got to see this with the original Broadway cast.

Me too! Joshua was amazing! But I'm sure Wallace is just as good as the rest of the cast...who are friggin' fantastic!

No doubt Wallace will be good but this is exactly why it makes me a tiny little bit =/

First crack in the OBC :(

Per another message board:

Chase Peacock is back, but Declan Bennett will be out until August (injury). Chase's temporary replacement, Sean Wing, will be in Dec's track until next week when he leaves; he has a new television series on ABC for the fall so congrats to him. A new male swing will be coming in, probably to be Dec's temporary replacement, as well as an additional female swing.

Joshua Henry is leaving in late July; no exact date has been made public yet.

does anyone know if there are subs in for any of the leads tonight? i am thinking of going but want to make sure TV, jgj, esper, rebecca and stark are all good for tonights show. is there any way to find out? thanks! abbey

Leslie was on for Heather yesterday and Tuesday so I don't know if Mary is out. Everyone else should be good.

Leslie was on for Heather yesterday and Tuesday so I don't know if Mary is out. Everyone else should be good.

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm gonna go hop on a train and go see it tonight! Can't wait to feel that music again (junkie)!!!

I did go to see AI last night and boy am I glad I went. I was hesitating going as Ive seen it once already (in previews with the lovely Jnet and Dawn) but the lure of being able to hear that music live again was too strong for me to resist and Im glad I didnt!

The first time I saw it I suppose I was overwhelmed by the entire production, this time I settled in and could take it all in a lot easier. I sat dead center orchestra which also made a significant difference. Last time I sat all the way on the right on the opposite side of "Will's couch" and by sitting way over there I was really unable to see the amazingness of Esper's "couch acting". I also didnt realize he is literally on the stage the entire show. He is running his own story the entire time on stage and its brilliant. So if you go, I dont recommend sitting in the orch right...your line of sight just aint great to appreciate "Will's" story. Esper is the tastiest thing on that stage...his singing, acting, movement, attitude, sexiness...and that billie-esque hair...his character IS Billie and he's :wub:

The other thing that I was able to appreciate so much more this time was the CHOREOGRAPHY and the LIGHTING. This show has so much going on it was mpossible for me to take it all in and appreciate it all at once in one performance. The choreography where the entire company is on stage is sometimes like watching a slow-motion pit (I remember reading that MM did go watch some pits at Green Day concerts). I fell in love with watching Leslie's movements as well as Libby's. Talk about core strength! The lighting so subtely adds to the story and Im not a theater person so I cannot truly appreciate it, but last night I felt the moods and personas it creates in each number.

Now knowing what the the WMUWSE number was about as soon as I saw the first "paper image" fly on the back wall I was pure waterworks. I cried my freaking eyes out. Sat their and balled like a baby. What they created with the lighting, imagery of the paper flying, and movement is beautful and sensitive and somehow reaches back into your brain and heart and pulls back up your 9/11 emotions that are always lurking back there.

Tony Vincent is pure addiction and I love him for that...I see his character a lot clearer now and if I ever have an addition all I can say is Id like it to be portrayed by TV :wub: I simply would not have gone to see the show if Rebecca, TV, Esper and obviously JGJ werent there. Rebecca and JGJ's talent is such a joy to watch. I wonder if by so brilliantly playing a "slacker" JGJ gets overlooked in how amazing he is in this show.

Lastly the orch section where I was sitting was FILLED. Im so glad I went out to experience the show again as well as support it. Have you gone yet? What are you waiting for....GO...and then GO AGAIN :runaround:

Abbey

I did go to see AI last night and boy am I glad I went. I was hesitating going as Ive seen it once already (in previews with the lovely Jnet and Dawn) but the lure of being able to hear that music live again was too strong for me to resist and Im glad I didnt!

The first time I saw it I suppose I was overwhelmed by the entire production, this time I settled in and could take it all in a lot easier. I sat dead center orchestra which also made a significant difference. Last time I sat all the way on the right on the opposite side of "Will's couch" and by sitting way over there I was really unable to see the amazingness of Esper's "couch acting". I also didnt realize he is literally on the stage the entire show. He is running his own story the entire time on stage and its brilliant. So if you go, I dont recommend sitting in the orch right...your line of sight just aint great to appreciate "Will's" story. Esper is the tastiest thing on that stage...his singing, acting, movement, attitude, sexiness...and that billie-esque hair...his character IS Billie and he's :wub:

The other thing that I was able to appreciate so much more this time was the CHOREOGRAPHY and the LIGHTING. This show has so much going on it was mpossible for me to take it all in and appreciate it all at once in one performance. The choreography where the entire company is on stage is sometimes like watching a slow-motion pit (I remember reading that MM did go watch some pits at Green Day concerts). I fell in love with watching Leslie's movements as well as Libby's. Talk about core strength! The lighting so subtely adds to the story and Im not a theater person so I cannot truly appreciate it, but last night I felt the moods and personas it creates in each number.

Now knowing what the the WMUWSE number was about as soon as I saw the first "paper image" fly on the back wall I was pure waterworks. I cried my freaking eyes out. Sat their and balled like a baby. What they created with the lighting, imagery of the paper flying, and movement is beautful and sensitive and somehow reaches back into your brain and heart and pulls back up your 9/11 emotions that are always lurking back there.

Tony Vincent is pure addiction and I love him for that...I see his character a lot clearer now and if I ever have an addition all I can say is Id like it to be portrayed by TV :wub: I simply would not have gone to see the show if Rebecca, TV, Esper and obviously JGJ werent there. Rebecca and JGJ's talent is such a joy to watch. I wonder if by so brilliantly playing a "slacker" JGJ gets overlooked in how amazing he is in this show.

Lastly the orch section where I was sitting was FILLED. Im so glad I went out to experience the show again as well as support it. Have you gone yet? What are you waiting for....GO...and then GO AGAIN :runaround:

Abbey

LOVE your post, m'dear. :) And I SO envy all you Noo Yawkahs who can go see the show anytime you want. *Sniff* If I could just get back up there without it costing a pint of blood (and getting the wifey pissed off at me in the process) I'd kill to see it again!

I definitely want to see it again and probably again and again. Just can't make it to NYC that often so I'm hoping it will tour soon. Then I'll have other options.