American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

-sorry, random-

Was listening to the radio (lotag was playing :) ) and the dj said, since AI is so successful, that basically Billie Joe has been asked/offered to write songs for another musical if he would be interested in doing so. He put a pole (Lol) on the website asking if that would be something you would want to listen to.

I had to think about this for a sec.. and then decided that Billie is an amazing songwriter... and anything he would write would definitely have his stamp on it one way or another.

From the way you wrote that, it sounds like Billie has already been asked to write that. Is that actually what he said or is that just me reading it wrong? :)

But I would definitely want to listen to that.

I think I've already heard him say somewhere that he was either asked or is thinking about it. I'm pretty sure he's going to write another one specifically for the theater. This time, he can actually be up for original musical book. But of course, it won't be for a while if it materializes in the first place.

I think I've already heard him say somewhere that he was either asked or is thinking about it. I'm pretty sure he's going to write another one specifically for the theater. This time, he can actually be up for original musical book. But of course, it won't be for a while if it materializes in the first place.

I'd be all for this. More the thought of more Green Day on Broadway warms my heart. Though I must say, they've set a VERY high bar for themselves if they were to create a second piece.

I know he was already thinking about it, I was wondering if that radio thing meant it was confirmed he's actually asked :)

Lovely... (I love your interpretation)

BTW, totally random on this thread but the Lakers/Celtics game has Holiday instrumental between commercials. Green Day is becoming ubiquitous.

Aw shuckins, I'm glad someone liked my interpretation...

ESPN loves Green Day, they were playing HAH during March Madness!

I know he was already thinking about it, I was wondering if that radio thing meant it was confirmed he's actually asked :)

the DJ said that he was asked, but then backtracked and didnt give any details..

I'm thinking though if he were to do it, it wouldn't be for awhile

I saw the show on opening week (April 24th to be exact). It was fantastic! I know some of the reviewers expressed that they thought there wasn't enough of a plot, but I disagree. It's one of those shows that the more it progresses, the more you get into it.

All of the actors had so much energy and put on a great show, but I especially enjoyed the performances of John Gallagher Jr., who has the best facial expressions, and Tony Vincent. I loved the strange alter-ego relationship between their characters.

John was definitely the perfect leading man. I remember when I found out that he was the main character... that was the moment that I knew I HAD to see the show. I've been a fan of his for years. He brought the very little bit of dialogue there was in the show to life. Also, there's something about his voice that's so emotional... I don't know how to describe it. I was hoping to meet him at the stage door but he posted on his blog that he wasn't going to do that due to the physical demand of the show. Oh well, I'm just going to send him my playbill so he can sign it :P

So even though I didn't get to meet John at the stage door, I was able to get most of the cast to sign my playbill. They were all so generous, especially Tony Vincent, who I got an awesome picture with :D He really needs to be featured more in the televised performances they give because he has such an amazing voice.

Overall, I just wish the show was longer because I enjoyed it so much.

Oh - and on a random side note - Billie Joe was there in the audience! He was sitting a few rows behind me and off to the side. I guess he just can't get enough of the show! He escaped pretty quickly though, so I didn't really have a chance to attack him xD

Picture with Tony Vincent:

dsc007312copy3.jpg

Creeper pic:

dsc007102.jpg

I saw the show on opening week (April 24th to be exact). It was fantastic! I know some of the reviewers expressed that they thought there wasn't enough of a plot, but I disagree. It's one of those shows that the more it progresses, the more you get into it.

All of the actors had so much energy and put on a great show, but I especially enjoyed the performances of John Gallagher Jr., who has the best facial expressions, and Tony Vincent. I loved the strange alter-ego relationship between their characters.

John was definitely the perfect leading man. I remember when I found out that he was the main character... that was the moment that I knew I HAD to see the show. I've been a fan of his for years. He brought the very little bit of dialogue there was in the show to life. Also, there's something about his voice that's so emotional... I don't know how to describe it. I was hoping to meet him at the stage door but he posted on his blog that he wasn't going to do that due to the physical demand of the show. Oh well, I'm just going to send him my playbill so he can sign it :P

So even though I didn't get to meet John at the stage door, I was able to get most of the cast to sign my playbill. They were all so generous, especially Tony Vincent, who I got an awesome picture with :D He really needs to be featured more in the televised performances they give because he has such an amazing voice.

Oh - and on a random side note - Billie Joe was there in the audience! He was sitting a few rows behind me and off to the side. I guess he just can't get enough of the show! He escaped pretty quickly though, so I didn't really have a chance to attack him xD

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8990/dsc007312copy3.jpg

Creeper pic:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3848/dsc007102.jpg

Billie's a lion on the prowl in that pic...a smexi lion...

I love how like half the people have laser eyes. And is that Joey with the half face on the right? I feel like a fair creeper for recognizing that.

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to state it unless I was wrong xD The picture's not actually cropped right there but I wanted to make it smaller for the forum. It even looks more like him in the full picture.

So I guess it is him xD His whole row left together (half of them were body guards) so I guess that proves it.

dsc007312copy3.jpg

Creeper pic:

dsc007102.jpg

I think they are not putting Tony Vincent in the tv appearances because of how he looks, to make the surprise/shock of when he does appear even bigger.

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to state it unless I was wrong xD The picture's not actually cropped right there but I wanted to make it smaller for the forum. It even looks more like him in the full picture.

So I guess it is him xD His whole row left together (half of them were body guards) so I guess that proves it.

Haha okay xD

I think they are not putting Tony Vincent in the tv appearances because of how he looks, to make the surprise/shock of when he does appear even bigger.

You're probably right. I just always thought it was because he's not in enough group numbers. But I am much more content with your reasoning.

Billie's a lion on the prowl in that pic...a smexi lion...

I'm sure he feels like one. Constantly photographed, people always watching him from a far. I feel bad for him sometimes.

I'm sure he feels like one. Constantly photographed, people always watching him from a far. I feel bad for him sometimes.

I feel bad for him when crazy people molest him and scream at him like he's some circus attraction, but adoration by loving fans can't be too bad :happy:

I saw the musical on April 19th and i just remember as soon as the curtain went up I could not stop smiling, my cheeks started to hurt lol. I kept thinking, "Wow, I witnessing something that's bigger than just a Broadway show." I was so proud to be a Green Day fan at that moment. The show was obviously spectacular and I am so thankful to actually have seen it.

anyone going tomorrow? ill be there with my school lol

With your school? Lol, I wish I could say that xD So awesome!

wtf are you serious ? i wish i coudl D: thats amazing !

Best school trip ever or what?!

^ He looks kind of old in this picture..

Blue streaks and Esper <3

He looks more his age in it. How old do you think he is? :)

Just a heads up. John's featured in an article in NYLON Guys magazine. It's a one page deal, but the article is great and there's this lovely picture involved. :shifty:

214y1kh.jpg

Here's a little snippet of the article:

4jmdxt.jpg

:wub: