American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

They WON both the Lighting and Set Design Tonys!

I just heard it, it's great. They really deserve them :D (and they deserved Best Musical too....)

Since I have yet to post....

a few of us went to Radio City around 1pm-ish. Shortly after that the boys arrived! They waved at us and said hello, but they couldn't stop since they literally were already running late to do their rehearsals.

There was a window on the second floor that mostly Tre would look out of and make faces at us and wave to.

I knew they were going to stop at us when they came back outside to leave, since there were 7 of us.

Of course.....it RAINED when they came outside. So they waved again at us and stuff.

We went to eat pizza around St. James at 4PMish. We saw the cast leave by bus to go to the red carpet. We knew we missed GD but we already saw them earlier. When we arrived to the red carpet Will Smith hopped out of a car, and came and shook everyones hand [fast] by the barricades, which was really cool of him.

We watched the show in Times Square. It was a lot of fun! Everyone had great reactions towards green days performance with the cast etc

What would you guys say are the best seats to have for this? Orchestra?

I will most probably be buying tickets to go see it in October! :happy:

Well, 'Next to Normal' won Best Actress along with other major awards plus a Pultizer later. Also N2N is not as expensive to run than Idiot.

That being said, correct me if I'm wrong, if Idiot does win Best Musical, Green Day does not receive a Tony since they are not producers of the muscial who receive the award for that win. If Idiot were nominated for Best Book or Music (if they were deemed eligible), then Billie would have been eligible for Book and the band for music.

I feel like American Idiot got the publicity, though. I doubt a Tony would've made it any more popular. I just wish they could've sang Good Riddance at the end. :(

And also, N2N is losing Alice Ripley. Who knows what will happen.

/off-topic

What would you guys say are the best seats to have for this? Orchestra?

I will most probably be buying tickets to go see it in October! :happy:

middle orch or the mezz.

first few rows of the mezz is AMAZING u can see everything

I write that long ass review and not a fucking word! GOD DAMNIT! HAHAH. JK. Sorry drunk on a plane. Snakes on a plane.

I GOT FUCKING WRRRRREEECCKKKED THIS WEEKEND. One for the record books and this is from a grown man that has partied harder than most people that are still living. :D

Can I live while I'm young?

BURP.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED YOU AND THE ANTICS

IM.STILL.SO.MAD.AT.MYSELF!!

but I'm even sadder I missed YOU on your visit here!!!

have a safe flight home. come to vegas and visit me on my vacation hahaha

and I couldn't even think of a comment to leave about your longgggggg ass review!! :runaround:

^ He just played Hud (I think) in Hair. Apparently he's talented and a sweetie. Congrats to Wallace!

I'm on the plane, drunk as shit on Absynth that the stewards are feeding me for free. I fucking love this airline. I almost want to stay on. It's like a club. Soft pink and purple lights, hot stewards, free drinks. Wifi. Yeah, I would love to say you didn't miss out but, umm, yeah you did. :D I wish I saw you too. Spoke to Tanya before I got on the plane of drunkeness that I am on now. I had no intention of doing any of the things I did this weekend including this flight. I think my mind and body just loves to get hurt.

They just announced we will be landing in 45 mins and I'm quite upset about it. This was the best flight ever.

And you're in Vegas, WhyTF are you in front of a computer? Go gamble, get laid or something. :D JK, be safe sweety.

Glad to hear your flight was great! And yes, I agree with TAG, so sorry we missed meeting you, among other things! I will kick myself forever for going home, but brain freezes happen. See you on the next round and TAKE A FUCKING SHOWER. lol.

I write that long ass review and not a fucking word! GOD DAMNIT! HAHAH. JK. Sorry drunk on a plane. Snakes on a plane.

I GOT FUCKING WRRRRREEECCKKKED THIS WEEKEND. One for the record books and this is from a grown man that has partied harder than most people that are still living. :D

Can I live while I'm young?

BURP.

hey betty crocker 6000...where you been? i was worried you were still in a gutter outside Bowery Electric. i even started a thread to try and get someone to wake you the fuck up. how was the after after after after afterparty performance with GD and the AI cast? suck down another absynth and give us the scoop. youll sleep when youre dead.

I'm going to see the show this week, yay

Awesome. Can't wait to hear what you think.

So, I did a short little interview with Michael Esper yesterday. :) Please don't post elsewhere.

(Sorry, Esper, for the unfortunate screencap that YouTube chose.)

So, I did a short little interview with Michael Esper yesterday. :) Please don't post elsewhere.

[/media

Haha, that screencap :lol: Micheal Esper is such a nice guy, thanks for posting this!

That's a nice little interview, thanks for posting :)

NICE WORK PLAID! that was AWESOME! that esper has that intangible something special about him...no doubt about it.

erm, uh, erm. so, can i dare to ask if you could do those with the rest of the cast? :whistle

abbey

This spec will make some of y'all happy. ;)

The show has raised so far $12 million and along with that...

Hulce and Pittelman are reportedly weighing a touring version of the musical and there is speculation that Tom Hanks wants to adapt it for the movies.

Source

:D

although I doubt touring means worldwide....

:D

although I doubt touring means worldwide....

ohh I wish!

I bet... First around the US then like London and they will probably ignore the rest of the non-English countries.. But I don't care, If they come to England I will be there!!!

Touring already? I hope it stays on Broadway for a little longer...

I'm sure the Tony's exposure boosted sales significantly, 7 million people tuned in!

Touring already? I hope it stays on Broadway for a little longer...

I'm sure the Tony's exposure boosted sales significantly, 7 million people tuned in!

It's been extended for another 4 months, and could go longer if the sales hold up. Hope the Tonys gives it a bump!

^ Afterparty sounds amazing. I heard a clip of some of the songs they played and it sounds like Theo got really fucked up. :rolleyes:

PICTURES?!

This spec will make some of y'all happy. ;)

The show has raised so far $12 million and along with that...

Source

Yeah, probably not world wide, but IF they're coming to London or something like that, I'll do what I can to get there :lol:

synthetic

^my one word recap of the recap

thanks for sharing crock pot. CANNOT WAIT to see the photos! abbey