American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Thanks to Berkeley Reps Official Press Release, we have the full cast list (and I have good searching skills, woot):

Principles:

Johnny (JOS) - John Gallagher, Jr.

St. Jimmy - Tony Vincent

Tunny - Matt Caplan

Will - Michael Esper

Heather - Mary Faber

Whatshername - Rebecca Naomi Jones

Extraordinary Girl - Christina Sajous

Ensemble:

Declan Bennet

Andrew Call

Gerard Canonico

Miguel Cervantes

Joshua Henry

Brian Charles Johnson

Chase Peacock

Theo Stockman

Ben Thompson

Alysha Umphress

Morgan Weed

Libby Winters

Oh, and they did a photo shoot in a 7-11 parking lot last week, lol.

OK, so let's look at who's new to our final list. I'm going to give more brief bios here as provided in the Berkeley Rep press release.

First off, we have Christina Sajous who will be playing the Extraordinary Girl:

ChristinaSajousweb.jpg

Christina Sajous (Extraordinary Girl) appeared in the national tour of Rent. Her New York credits include King Lear with the Classical Theater of Harlem and Wild Party at Culture Project. In concert, she has been a featured artist with Patti Labelle, Musiq Soulchild, and Chrisette Michelle.

Next from the ensemble we have Andrew Call:

tn-500_andrew-call.jpg

Andrew Call performed on Broadway in Cry Baby, Glory Days, and High Fidelity and off Broadway in

Altar Boyz.

Our next member of the ensemble is Miguel Cervantes:

B898180CAD083333CD773CFF4947B1BC-250306_

Miguel Cervantes portrayed Chip on Broadway and in the national tour of The Putnam County Spelling Bee; his other credits include Happiness at Lincoln Center.

Next in the ensemble is Joshua Henry:

DSC_0137.JPG

Joshua Henry performed in Serenade off Broadway, In the Heights on and off Broadway, and in TV shows such as Kings and Sex and the City.

Glad to see how diverse the cast is... and all of them have been in some great shows. Can't wait for it to get to B'way because I can't get to California this year... :)

Glad to see how diverse the cast is... and all of them have been in some great shows. Can't wait for it to get to B'way because I can't get to California this year... :)

NYC opening night...I'm there!!

I really hope they make a DVD of it or something because I can't see it unless they randomly decide to hold it at Pittsburgh for a night, haha.

I'm really curious to know how it looks and everything. I'm sure everyone thats going will give us awesome reviews afterwards.

Here's another post from the Berkeley Rep Blog:

American Idiot needs you!

POSTED BY BERT REPTILE ON MON, AUG 3, 2009

IN SCENE SHOP

Here’s your chance to be part of American Idiot.

Set designer Christine Jones, part of the extraordinary team of artists working to turn a seminal Green Day album into a raging piece of rock ‘n’ roll theater, is sending out a call to musicians and fans to be – literally – part of her set.

Christine would like you to send in artwork that has been generated for your own bands –for concert posters or album covers – which would then be used to paper the walls of the warehouse-like set.

She is also interested in handwritten song lists and handwritten pages of songs in the process of being written. Photocopies are acceptable.

Send your submissions by Aug. 25 to:

Berkeley Repertory Theatre Scenic Studios, Attention Lisa Lazar, Scenic Artist, 2526 Wood St., Oakland CA 94607.

Once the articles you send become part of the set, obviously, they cannot be returned, but they will be part of history as American Idiot makes its world premiere at Berkeley Rep Sep 4-Oct 11.

http://blog.berkeleyrep.org/2009/08/americ...-needs-you.html

I can see the jewelry marketing already. I'd like to have a dog tag like that!

Funny you should say so! :D

2lwm1zl.jpg

Hehehe.

Uh... so the IC just released pre-sale tickets for the show... and I bought one for September 25 since it's got a post-show discussion. Of course now I have to figure out how to get to Berkeley. Oh man, what has this band done to me????? haha. :)

now if only I can figure out a way to get to england for rocktober... :)

^yeah, I saw that. I was debating on getting another ticket for Bren and going for the weekend. I have a ticket for show on Sept 4th, which I finally found (after hiding it in a safe place, lol), but I really doubt I will be able get away. I am REALLY hoping for a New York run.

Uh... so the IC just released pre-sale tickets for the show... and I bought one for September 25 since it's got a post-show discussion. Of course now I have to figure out how to get to Berkeley. Oh man, what has this band done to me????? haha. :)

So jealous! Have fun!!

So jealous! Have fun!!

well, we'll see if i can actually get out there... i'm having such a rotten day at work today that I'm feeling way too rebellious. and luckily i have an old friend who works at the rep school, i'm going to try and crash at his place.... as soon as i buy a plane ticket... eek.

Guest Shangri-La

no!! you're supposed to go on the 5th!

i'm going to be so alone....

If you do figure a way to come to England let me know and we'll hook you up with everyone else :)

x

Uhh.. I feel very stupid this morning, but who the hell are Will & Heather? Never heard of them o.O

Guest Shangri-La
Uhh.. I feel very stupid this morning, but who the hell are Will & Heather? Never heard of them o.O

the underbelly!

bought my tickets for the 10th because there is a pre-discussion

should be interesting

then we are going again on the 12 th...I think

I want to be part of the "production" process:)

If you do figure a way to come to England let me know and we'll hook you up with everyone else :)

x

Will do. Thanks!

no!! you're supposed to go on the 5th!

i'm going to be so alone....

haha, sorry about that. I need time to buy a ticket. the 5th isn't good. :( and don't worry, i'm going alone, too!

rebecca is not a good choice for whatername in my opinion.let's see how it is done

Woo, I'm going on the 17th!

I feel so pathetic coming all the way from Michigan...

But I think I deserve it!

I really hope they make a DVD of it or something because I can't see it unless they randomly decide to hold it at Pittsburgh for a night, haha.

I'm really curious to know how it looks and everything. I'm sure everyone thats going will give us awesome reviews afterwards.

Same here. I say that it should be played in Pittsburgh for a night or two! :lol:

Like that would ever happen, though...

tony vincent is great as st.jimmiy.do u think we're gonna see them in punk clothes?

Woo, I'm going on the 17th!

I feel so pathetic coming all the way from Michigan...

But I think I deserve it!

if you think you're pathetic, image how i'm feeling coming all the way from new york... as soon as i get a plane ticket. haha. :)

While I wished I could have gone on the 4th of September (its my birthday, and would have been an excellent present), I bought tickets for 8pm on October 3rd.

I now gotta find a place to stay. But I'm taking a fellow GDC-er, TheBullwinkle. It will be supremely awesome.

And expensive. I got the lower priced tickets, and those were still (with tax) $59.50! Yikes. I payed less than that to see Green Day at the fox in April.

And I payed less than that for my tickets to the LA show on the 25th.