American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Just remember that first time you heard the album? :)

I am excited to see it in a couple weeks.

I do remember! And thanks for making me think back about it! :)

Concerning the actual cast performance at the Tonys... hopefully they won't butcher "American Idiot" as much as they did "Bitch of Living" and "Totally Fucked" from 'Spring Awakening.'

(Also, hopefully, Johnny won't get a coughing fit either... poor thing...)

I hope it goes well, too. I never really like those performances that are taken out of the shows, they always seem out of context. 21 Guns on the Grammys was so great because they turned it into a musical performance rather than taking a slice of the actual setting of the musical. Guess there is no way around it - the audience probably wants to see the songs as they are on the stage.

These were probably brought up a long time ago but the official photographer of the Broadway Show League (the softball league), Bob Scofield, has some photos of Billie playing with the Idiots a couple weeks back.

4640236464_c2443bf1d0.jpg

4639637061_0610afb9ef.jpg

4640277270_f1bdeb934d.jpg

More at the Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/broadwayshowleague/ (It's not really in order, but the game is in the BSL "5/20/2010, 11:30 Games" folder)

^^^I didn''t see those ones. Effing sweet. Post some more.

HAHA. WTF is wrong with me. I am an adult male, Ha. Whatever.

@crock6000: * :D *

Who is 'Booya' in the bottom picture ?

Are Michael, Stark and John in the team as well ?

These were probably brought up a long time ago but the official photographer of the Broadway Show League (the softball league), Bob Scofield, has some photos of Billie playing with the Idiots a couple weeks back.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/4640236464_c2443bf1d0.jpg[/img

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/4639637061_0610afb9ef.jpg[/img

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/4640277270_f1bdeb934d.jpg[/img

More at the Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/broadwayshowleague/ (It's not really in order, but the game is in the BSL "5/20/2010, 11:30 Games" folder)

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting. Idk what it is about those pictures, but Billie looks so sweet and kinda cute in those clothes! Lol.

^^^I didn''t see those ones. Effing sweet. Post some more.

HAHA. WTF is wrong with me. I am an adult male, Ha. Whatever.

There is a thread at the Idiot Club entitled "Man Crush on Billie Joe," so I don't think you are the alone. lol.

Was Billie wearing Theo's jersey? He wanted to play. Aw. :happy:

Nope. That's Billie's own jersey. Theo's name is an inside joke.

As far as I know, Tony ("TV"), Stark ("Murderball"), and Esper have jerseys but Mayer won't let them play because he doesn't want the leads to get hurt. I don't know if JGJ has even a jersey.

"Booyah" is a crew member, whose real name escapes me at the moment.

Nope. That's Billie's own jersey. Theo's name is an inside joke.

As far as I know, Tony ("TV"), Stark ("Murderball"), and Esper have jerseys but Mayer won't let them play because he doesn't want the leads to get hurt. I don't know if JGJ has even a jersey.

"Booyah" is a crew member, whose real name escapes me at the moment.

Oh, awesome. I knew that everyone has nicknames and jokes on the back (Gerard is "It Is" and Brian is "Babyface") so I thought it was weird when I saw Billie's back in a picture and it said, "Theo" and I thought, "Really? You couldn't think of a good nickname for Theo? :blink: " so thanks for clearing that up.

Oh, awesome. I knew that everyone has nicknames and jokes on the back (Gerard is "It Is" and Brian is "Babyface") so I thought it was weird when I saw Billie's back in a picture and it said, "Theo" and I thought, "Really? You couldn't think of a good nickname for Theo? :blink: " so thanks for clearing that up.

I like Ben's nickname - Bentensity!

The team lost to Phantom today... it was a close one, though. 6-5. It's their first loss.

^^ Aaaww ....too bad

Doesn't Rebecca have 'GAAAA...' on her shirt ? I think i picked that up somewhere :)

Becca's is "Daaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnn" (Or some form of that). Mary's is "Fairies Made Me" (Or some form of that). Christina's is "Xtina." Aspen's is "Aspena."

Becca's is "Daaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnn" (Or some form of that). Mary's is "Fairies Made Me" (Or some form of that). Christina's is "Xtina." Aspen's is "Aspena."

'Fairies made me' ? :wub:

Aspena sounds like some kind of superhero to me :lol: Go Aspena! xD

Don't get your hopes up - they are in Austria on 12th and Glasgow on 16th June. The flight to NYC from Europe would be 7 hours and there's 7 hours time difference (Europe is ahead). I wouldn't be surprised if they did a live feed from here, but flying both ways and keeping to their schedule is a bit of a longshot - that cloud of volcanic ash could reappear any time, remember, and they have contracts to fulfill.

My parents were just in Iceland, the volcano has been declared officially dormant. I think we're safe.

My parents were just in Iceland, the volcano has been declared officially dormant. I think we're safe.

God wants his favorite band to come to the Tonys.

Hardest working band in rock...EVER!

Bummer about the Idiots losing for the first time in softball. And to Phantom, ugh. They were on such a roll!

As far as jersey nicknames go, I'm kind of fond of Joshua's - "Chocothunder." :lol:

Funny you say that. I was looking at those pictures of Billie in the infield and thought a ball to the teeth could have really screwed up his summer tour.

It's not like when Mike got his teeth knocked out, Billie is the lead vox. :sherlock:

Billie Joe chipped his tooth during the Foxboro show, but it didn't get knocked out. The way he throws himself around a stage, he doesn't need a baseball to the head to cause damage.

Correction to my previous post: Christina's jersey is just "X." Also, Libby's is "Libberty" and Alysha's is "Pussssy" (Or something like that.)

Why are there no clouds in the sky? Because God wants to watch his FAVORITE BAND again!

I had to say that. :wub: