American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

"Of the Tony snub, Mayer later told the New York Times that he "could not pretend to understand how the nomination process works. I'm super proud of the show and the enthusiastic audience response every night, and the pleasure of creating this piece of work. That's where the gold is for me." Mayer spoke to Playbill.com in the days leading up to American Idiot's spring opening. The show is Tony-nominated as Best Musical."

WHOLE 2 page interview article at:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/139757-PLAYBILLCOMS-BRIEF-ENCOUNTER-with-Michael-Mayer

I just started to read it.

Thanks!

I think so, too - Tabasco is the Official Idiot Mascot. :) He was there at the game I saw and unless there is now another cream colored little poodle running around, I am pretty sure that is him.

Great softball pictures, thanks for finding them!

I just saw it earlier today and I was completely blown away. They really were able to communicate the story really well through the songs and stage direction. I really would love to see it again!

aww i love them :) can i snag the pics for the album? with credit of course! :sherlock::runaround:

They're Ann's, so just credit her. :)

I promised some while back to post about the Q&A session after the 5/5/10 show, and I've now posted it on my Tumblr blog:

http://jrnelson.tumblr.com/post/627957291/ive-been-promising-to-tell-about-this-for-quite

Enjoy!

In this Q&A, you'll hear from first Tony and Ben, then Stark, then Esper, and a little bit of Billie at the end.

Sorry, if it's been posted but The Hollywood Reporter had a column that made mention of Michael Esper so I thought all you ME fans would want this read from a couple days ago in THR.

CLICK ME

::sigh:: love him

I promised some while back to post about the Q&A session after the 5/5/10 show, and I've now posted it on my Tumblr blog:

http://jrnelson.tumblr.com/post/627957291/ive-been-promising-to-tell-about-this-for-quite

Enjoy!

In this Q&A, you'll hear from first Tony and Ben, then Stark, then Esper, and a little bit of Billie at the end.

sweet ill have to listen when i get home from school! :runaround:

Sounds to me like it's just a random few songs from the cast recording? But that wouldn't make sense. But that's what "Selections From The Original Broadway Cast Recording 'American Idiot'" sounds like to me. Weird.

I think I'll be going to see it again on Wednesday! SO EXCITED!

Sorry, if it's been posted but The Hollywood Reporter had a column that made mention of Michael Esper so I thought all you ME fans would want this read from a couple days ago in THR.

CLICK ME

It mentions Stark Sands as well, right underneath that ^^ :thumbsup: