American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Sounds like Billie went to the softball game today, wearing Theo's jersey lol. I'm guessing one of the Idiot Army Girls will post a picture or two of it soon enough.

oh man. thats too funny. i was gona go to the game today too but i went to school instead otherwise i wont graduate in june cuz i already missed enough days lmao

Sounds like Billie went to the softball game today, wearing Theo's jersey lol. I'm guessing one of the Idiot Army Girls will post a picture or two of it soon enough.

Why, oh why, am Iin Detroit? Lol. I really hope he goes to the Drama Desk Awards! I would really like to say hello and see you in July! Haha.

I got a question, don't know if i am overlooking the obvious but i was wondering why Jesus of Suburbia is called Johnny. Is it a tribute to Gallagher, does it say somewhere in the lyrics that it is his real name, or a totally different reason ? Just curious :)

I got a question, don't know if i am overlooking the obvious but i was wondering why Jesus of Suburbia is called Johnny. Is it a tribute to Gallagher, does it say somewhere in the lyrics that it is his real name, or a totally different reason ? Just curious :)

Mayer wrote the part specifically for John, so yes, it is because of him that JOS was named Johnny.

Cool! I love those games, such a relaxing way to enjoy the cast away from the musical. What does Theo's jersey say on the backl? I don't remember him being there for the first game I went to.

Cool! I love those games, such a relaxing way to enjoy the cast away from the musical. What does Theo's jersey say on the backl? I don't remember him being there for the first game I went to.

It sounds like the jersey he is wearing says ""Theo" on the back, and I don't think Theo's says that, so I think Billie picked that for his own jersey for what ever reason. Probably an inside joke?

Also, here's a great interview with Kevin Adams about his Tony nom for the lighting in AI, and a look at his lighting in previous shows:

http://www.stage-rush.com/2010/05/kevin-adams-american-idiot-interview/

Mayer wrote the part specifically for John, so yes, it is because of him that JOS was named Johnny.

Quite an honour :)

who knows how the play has been doing, speaking of attendance and how much money it has earned this past weeks?

who knows how the play has been doing, speaking of attendance and how much money it has earned this past weeks?

Every week the Broadway League posts the gross and attendance for all the Broadway shows for the previous week. Last week, AI increased in both attendance and gross to the mid-70 percent, if I remember correctly.

Every week the Broadway League posts the gross and attendance for all the Broadway shows for the previous week. Last week, AI increased in both attendance and gross to the mid-70 percent, if I remember correctly.

Last week's grosses were up about 8% over the previous week. 77% of the total seats for the week were sold. The show is #9 out of 31 or 33 being tracked at the site, so it seems to be doing well and may even be picking up a head of steam...we'll have to wait and see how this week's results go to get a sense of whether it's the start of a new trend or a bit of a blip.

http://broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

Talked to Miguel before the show. He said that the 'Theo' jersey is Billie's own jersey and that its an inside joke between the two of them.

One of the cast members mentioned that Billie is no longer in NY but off getting ready for the tour.

Tonight was my 8th time seeing it. I've sat in every spot on at the St. James. LOL. Tonight was the box. It's not bad.

Leslie was still on for Whatsername and I thought she was great. Her and Johnny were together, however, when I saw Van outside the theater, I kind-of wished he was on so that they could play opposite to each other. :wub: Leslie isn't as fierce as Becca is in Letterbomb but she has a beautiful voice.

There were some technical problems with Johnny's guitar at the beginning of BOBD and the music at the beginning of 21 Guns & Good Riddance.

ToniAnn can tell the stories about her Fuck Time bracelets and Johnny & Michael. :D

Overall, fun night. Gald to have seen it again. Heh... :D

met the whole cast again tonight :) i asked one of the cast members wheres billie at, apparently he went back home. didnt get to see the play though :l not too bummed though, i saw it 4 times already lol

met the whole cast again tonight :) i asked one of the cast members wheres billie at, apparently he went back home. didnt get to see the play though :l not too bummed though, i saw it 4 times already lol

megan! i just got home and i gave michael the bracelet!! he loved it, and then johnny came back out gave me a hug and thanked me again. miss u

32083_556789862178_68701296_32096252_1386086_n.jpg

32083_556789882138_68701296_32096255_4071028_n.jpg

[idk how to make the pics smaller, but the last two bracelets went to michael and jonny. i told michael how i had one for him tuesday but i gave him to billie and hes like whatttt no way!! lmao]

Talked to Miguel before the show. He said that the 'Theo' jersey is Billie's own jersey and that its an inside joke between the two of them.

One of the cast members mentioned that Billie is no longer in NY but off getting ready for the tour.

Tonight was my 8th time seeing it. I've sat in every spot on at the St. James. LOL. Tonight was the box. It's not bad.

Leslie was still on for Whatsername and I thought she was great. Her and Johnny were together, however, when I saw Van outside the theater, I kind-of wished he was on so that they could play opposite to each other. :wub: Leslie isn't as fierce as Becca is in Letterbomb but she has a beautiful voice.

There were some technical problems with Johnny's guitar at the beginning of BOBD and the music at the beginning of 21 Guns & Good Riddance.

ToniAnn can tell the stories about her Fuck Time bracelets and Johnny & Michael. :D

Overall, fun night. Gald to have seen it again. Heh... :D

If I saw it tonight that would've made 8 times it was soooooo tempting lmao!! I'm glad you went and had fun. I still cant believe michael and johnnys reactions to the bracelets lol

how many days was he in NY?

Bummer. I had a feeling he'd leave before the awards. Oh well, will still be fun! There's always July!!

how many days was he in NY?

a lot lol someone saw him almost everyday this week starting sunday. i saw him tuesday though.

a lot lol someone saw him almost everyday this week starting sunday. i saw him tuesday though.

He's probably had enough of y'all stalking him around Manhattan! :lol:

He's probably had enough of y'all stalking him around Manhattan! :lol:

lol not me! i only saw him tuesday and the last time i saw him before that was, the tubs show. i was so surprised that he was there tuesday i literally almost fell out of the box seat!!!

I get my work schedule today... and I'm contemplating going to the musical again next week. Whichever day I have off, I'll probably be going. Should be fun.

ToniAnn, I talked to John at the Awards and he said that he wanted to wear the bracelet on stage but it was too loose especially when he's playing the guitar. Howevern he says it's in his dressing room. :)