American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Awesome you met him, and great pictures! :D

ack, the bracelets, I completely forgot D: what's the process if I want to buy them? can I just pay through paypal or something? (I still have to ask my parents, but I like to be a bit informed about things like that beforehand because otherwise they'll be like "you don't know how to pay? this is a scam don't be so trusting in humanity!!!!")

ahh just email me because im getting SOOOOOOO many people wanting them now [since billie has one lmao]

spanxxxx :banana:

id so like to buy one but theres no way my mom orders something for me from the us :cry: is there even any way i can do that with being under 18 ?

didnt win lotto. got $37 box seats! it was awesome...for th 7th time lmao

Can you tell us how the show was with the changes in the actors please?

i don't remember who was to play Whatsername since Rebecca was ill?

so the green day are still in new york ??? ^^ aaw....so they'll fly directly from there to netherlands ^^

ahh just email me because im getting SOOOOOOO many people wanting them now [since billie has one lmao]

haha okay :lol:

what's your email :ninja: I don't exactly fancy digging through this thread trying to find it.

so the green day are still in new york ??? ^^ aaw....so they'll fly directly from there to netherlands ^^

happy post :happy: :happy: 10 days :happy: :happy:

what's your email :ninja: I don't exactly fancy digging through this thread trying to find it.

FBHTbracelets@gmail.com

oh yeah 10 freaking days whiii <3 oh and tag (sry i dont know your real name :o)

there is no limit on those bracelets right ? because i still dont know if i can get one...

Yay <3 Hadn't thought about that yet, lol. They have 10 days to get here.. I'm getting more and more excited about it, a bit more than the AI musical atm :happy:

I'm not sure if the cast album is on a different thread .. (I did a search, and nothing came up), but I listened to it again on the way home... one of my absolute favorite parts is the instrumental ending of Whatsername, beautiful :happy:

Here's an interview that Playbill did with John: Link

:wub:

Some excerpts:

You have a rock-band background. How excited were you when you realized that you'd be able to actually play guitar in this show?

It was really great to be able to bring that to it, and when we first started doing the early workshop, [director] Michael Mayer made it very clear that he wanted to have these three friends play guitar. Part of the thing that gave them such a deep bond was music and the fact that they all could play guitar and they all played songs. And I'm such a Green Day fan that I actually taught myself how to play the songs back in 2005 up in my bedroom when the record came out. So I kind of nerdily knew a lot of the tunes already.

I'm sure you took some ribbing too.

[Laughs.] It's like, "Oh okay, he shows up on Day One, knows how to play all the songs."

You made a lot of lists early this month as someone who was maybe snubbed for a Tony nomination. How do you address that, people coming up to you and saying "you should have been nominated," that sort of thing?

It's one of those things... I personally don't read any reviews of the shows I'm working on. It means the world to me when I hear that they're good, that's very exciting, and I love that, and it's a great feeling to be part of a show that gets a good response and is well received, but I get paranoid even if [the response is] good, it's going to go to my head or affect what I do on stage, and that's just the last thing that I want to happen ever. A lot of blood, sweat and tears goes into making any show happen on Broadway, and that certainly happened for us. The fact of the matter is that as amazing as the accolades and the awards are, that can't really have anything to do with why you go out on stage every night… When I won a Tony Award for Spring Awakening, it absolutely changed my life, and I certainly don't take it for granted or take it lightly or pretend to say that it's all a charade or it's all nonsense. There's a lot of people who say, "Oh award season, whatever," but I still inherently believe in the magic of it because I experienced it and it meant a great deal to me… I've gotten some emails and calls from friends and peers of mine saying, "You know you were robbed." Which is very kind of them, but I certainly don't feel like I've been robbed of anything in this experience. It's been utterly rewarding and continues to be nightly. And the audiences are still coming!

Also, another article... thing... asks John about his playlist for his commute: WNYC Link

Jam #1: The Tallest Man on Earth - “I Won’t Be Found”

Jam #2: John Prine - “Sweet Revenge”

Jam #3: Fleet Foxes - “Ragged Wood”

Jam #4: Avett Brothers - “Laundry Room”

Jam #5: Kings of Leon - “The Bucket”

Jam #6: Carl Perkins - “Dixie Fried”

I am trying to let the cast know that the President of Production of Universal WILL be in the audience most likely Saturday afternoon (if there is a show then). I am assuming someone from the cast reads this thread and if I wanted to be in the movie, I sure as fuck would want to know that.

Actually I do a lot of work for WmE2 (William Morris Endeavor), the company owned by Ari Emanuel (character Ari Gold is based on), who owns MGA (Miller Gold Agency on Entourage)

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=78765&st=210#entry3832378

LLOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, just sent you a PM. And drop 10 pounds and Ill make you an agent.

Billie Joe Armstrong was in #theatreforone tonight - Special guest appearance! stopping by before @americanidiotny - it was AWESOME!!!

No idea what it really means XD http://twitter.com/theatreforone

i think i read somewhere that christine jones created it

i think i read somewhere that christine jones created it

I understood it is a sort of one on one theatre experience, as you said created by Christine Jones and located on Times Square.

ETA: http://www.theatreforone.com/

Edited by Dutch

Hmmm....theater for one...isn't that where Paul Reubens got busted years ago?

I know, I know...bad joke. :pinch:

Hmmm....theater for one...isn't that where Paul Reubens got busted years ago?

I know, I know...bad joke. :pinch:

AHAHAHAHA...love you, Cheryl!

Adam, sorry about your troubles and all the drama. Along with a lot of other people, I enjoy most of your posts and sense of humor here. Miscommunication happens a lot here and online elsewhere. My first venture onto this forum pissed me off badly and I stayed away for months afterward. Now it's all good. Hope you hang around. :)

I wasn't miscommunicating. He was acting like a fucking idiot, and I told him so. Adam, by continuing to post about it, you're just affirming what I assumed.

Seriously, keep it out of the threads.

Miscommunication might not be a bad characterization, but HIGHLY unnecessary attack is fair. I didn't even know who you were and so I obviously didn't attack you and you came flying it with that. BUT....

OK. If I never post about it again, I'll be a happy guy. On the other hand, call me a fucking asshole again in public and I will ask why, and defend myself. That post was before out civil dialogue so done, forget it, over, kaput.

I've PMed you again. If we can at least keep this out of the threads, that would be awesome.

AHAHAHAHA...love you, Cheryl!

:wub: Someone who appreciates a little wee pee humor!! Oops, I mean pee wee. :lol:

Anyway...I am seriously thinking of going to try for lottery tix tomorrow night with my daughter. I just have to figure out who will babysit if I am bringing the babysitter with me, lol.

Sounds like Billie went to the softball game today, wearing Theo's jersey lol. I'm guessing one of the Idiot Army Girls will post a picture or two of it soon enough.