American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

not sure if anyone posted this yet.. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=417846189975

i see me, dorie, and jnine!

OH! That is so COOL!!!!! thanks!

i was over on the right but can't see myself of course, but that view is awesome and Stark's vid is just as shaky as mine! :woot:

i'd love to see any more of the vids the cast took that night, if anyone knows where they are. i did see the ones by Ben

Edited by roxsw88

I saw the musical Saturday night and I figured I would come here to put in my two cents since everyone around me is tired of hearing me talk about it :P

I am a huge Green Day fan, obviously, and also a fan of musicals so I was excited to see this, to say the least. However, even being such a fan of both, it was way better than I expected. It's really hard to describe what it's like to see it. I've heard people tell the haters that you can't judge it based on the cast album or television performances and I have to agree completely. I fell in love pretty much immediately and I want to see it as many times as possible. It was amazing to me to see how far that album has come. It is music that is near and dear to my heart and has been the soundtrack of years of my life. To see it transform into something equally as big and powerful as the album but so different brought tears to my eyes. I noticed new things in music that I have listened to countless times. There were nuances in Billie's lyrics that I have somehow missed until now. I felt like it added so many dimensions to something that was already multi-dimensional. Lyrics that I thought I knew the meaning to suddenly have so much more meaning than before. Not to mention that the cast is kick-ass. I know that it's different and I get that many people hate it or think that they do. But to anyone who considers themselves a Green Day fan, I feel that you owe it to yourselves and them to give it a shot. If you hate it, then cool, it's not for you. But if you don't at least give it a chance, you may be missing out on something that you wrote off too soon.

It really was an amazing time that I wouldn't trade for the world. Rather than the musical being a totally different take on Green Day, it felt like an expansion to Green Day and their music. It was just an incredible experience that I think every fan should at least try.

so so true! i felt EXACTLY the same way after i saw it. i think its better to not watch anything related to it before seeing it so you have no pre-conceived ideas. you really have NO idea what its like till you are sitting in those broadway seats. well well said bailey89!!!

not sure if anyone posted this yet.. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=417846189975

i see me, dorie, and jnine!

is that you jiggling your boobies in the front F.T. Sally?

Sounds like something is going to be going down at the St James tonight, Aspen just posted this tweet:

"Oh my... Craziness happening at the St James tonight. Kind of amazing actually. Gonna be wiiiiiild!"

Good luck at the lotto, I look forward to hearing what's going on tonight

Sounds like something is going to be going down at the St James tonight, Aspen just posted this tweet:

"Oh my... Craziness happening at the St James tonight. Kind of amazing actually. Gonna be wiiiiiild!"

Good luck at the lotto, I look forward to hearing what's going on tonight

oh christ!!!! wtf is going on...... I PLAN ON DOING LOTTO AND I WANA KNOW WTF IS HAPPENING

GAH! I just left NYC and NOW something is happening! Hope it's something fantastical for whoever's going to be there!

GAH! I just left NYC and NOW something is happening! Hope it's something fantastical for whoever's going to be there!

aww =[ I'm trying my best with lotto so I'll let everyone know if it's something "amazing" lol

whoevers my facebook friends will probably find out first since I really can't access the boards from my phone :(

I wonder if it has to do with Billie... he and Tom Kitt were at the party after Declan's gig at Joe's Pub last night. Hmm...

I'll be there tonight too, and can post from my phone so I'll update as soon as the shows over.

ill be there with you! :happy:

Guest Shangri-La

if i were in nyc i'd be buying my ai ticket for tonight right now.

is that you jiggling your boobies in the front F.T. Sally?

you caught me!

Not sure if this is what she was talking about, but Aspen has also given this update:

"aspenvincent: Was gonna go on for Libby again, but now rebecca is ill... So now Leslie is on 4 rebecca, Lorin 4 libby, libby 4 Mary, and me 4 Leslie."

Yeah, it's what she was talking about. However, she corrected herself; she's in Leslie's track and Lorin's on Libby.

Yeah, it's what she was talking about. However, she corrected herself; she's in Leslie's track and Lorin's on Libby.

I know, if you look at my post I corrected that for her ;)

Guest Shangri-La

whoa. i had to google Leslie. if she's not related to ally sheedy my mind is officially blown.

"Break a leg" to all of them :thumbsup:

And "get well soon" to the weak and poorly :hug:

Edited by Dutch

I know, if you look at my post I corrected that for her ;)

Ah. Well, I was going by her tweet. :)

BTW, I heard a really fuzzy recording of Libby and Aspen doing "Last Night on Earth" and "Too Much Too Soon." Libby sounds fantastic and Aspen was fierce. :wub:

So I guess Lea Michelle is there tonight. Interesting, she had a Glee concert in Phoenix on Sunday and has another one in LA this Thursday, so she went back to NYC for her break? That's more long flights than I'd care for in 5 days

Edited by MassHysteria

So I guess Lea Michelle is there tonight. Interesting, she had a Glee concert in Phoenix on Sunday and has another one in LA this Thursday, so she went back to NYC for her break? That's more long flights than I'd care for in 5 days

Hahahaha - I've done worse than that to see Green Day! I'm sure she just thoroughly enjoys the musical :eyebrow:.

Hahahaha - I've done worse than that to see Green Day! I'm sure she just thoroughly enjoys the musical :eyebrow:.

For several reasons, yes. Actually I might do the same in all reality.

For several reasons, yes. Actually I might do the same in all reality.

Of course you would :)!

The UpFronts were this week in NYC. There were a few Glee peeps who went. :)

So Toni and I went tonight and Billie was there and we ran into him at the end and we chatted and got pics but a full story from us later cause our phones are dying haha.