American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

yeah i downloade it although it seemsweird cuz it downloaded so fast. should i view it in real player? it doesn't show it :huh:

download link please?

You had a youtube downloader a while ago :huh:

Anyway if GDC needs to store them I can download/upload them :)

yeah i downloade it although it seemsweird cuz it downloaded so fast. should i view it in real player? it doesn't show it :huh:

I think you'd have to view in Real Player.

Trent at Pink Is The New Blog has been to see it: http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2010/05/american-idiotic/#more-56391

Hmm, another person who says there was no story. I just don't get this need to have everything spelled out for people.

Click on the Real Video thingy then, it will start a download, open the file you have downloaded and then normally click on "download video".

It worked for me.

@ TanyaI can't view it. thanks for your help anyway

You had a youtube downloader a while ago :huh:

Anyway if GDC needs to store them I can download/upload them :)

yes i did .ut it was a website and now it's blocked

@ TanyaI can't view it. thanks for your help anyway

yes i did .ut it was a website and now it's blocked

Wow, sorry Parinaz. They work quickly over there, don't they. :(

What happened to your Youtube downloader?

i don't know what's happening with my download now.

i'm trying to upload the photo of my downloaded file when i try to open it failed :/

Click on the Real Video thingy then, it will start a download, open the file you have downloaded and then normally click on "download video".

It worked for me.

when i click on the file it only shows this 35471806.jpg

i don't know what's happening with my download now.

i'm trying to upload the photo of my downloaded file when i try to open it failed :/

when i click on the file it only shows this http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/medium/35471806.jpg

It happens because you don't have Real Player =/ You should get it anyway, there's also a free version :)

It happens because you don't have Real Player =/ You should get it anyway, there's also a free version :)

She might not be able to, might be blocked by Iranian Internet. Who knows?

She might not be able to, might be blocked by Iranian Internet. Who knows?

I know Parinaz really well and she's not exactly a tech savvy :lol:

anyway she has others good points

:wub:

I know Parinaz really well and she's not exactly a tech savvy :lol:

anyway she has others good points

:wub:

Cool, maybe we should take this conversation out of here now. :)

So, American Idiot won against Lion King today at Broadway Softball, 10-3. :) They're currently undefeated but then again, the season's just starting. Heh...

Cool, maybe we should take this conversation out of here now. :)

Hey, I kept this convo out of here already as much as I could (since I'm chatting with her via comments). Since when a tiny joke isn't allowed? I see plenty around, like in the FBHT thread and no one says a thing.

Don't wanna be bothered cause I did a lonely joke about a friend of mine.

ok guys i wanna thank everyone who helped me about this downloading thing and leave this conversation alone :0)

Hey, I kept this convo out of here already as much as I could (since I'm chatting with her via comments). Since when a tiny joke isn't allowed? I see plenty around, like in the FBHT thread and no one says a thing.

Don't wanna be bothered cause I did a lonely joke about a friend of mine.

Sigh. That's not what I meant. Sorry that you misunderstood. I was just saying that since we know the problem now (her not being tech savvy), maybe we can take the conversation out of here. People have been complaining that they can't find anything lately here. Sorry you took that the wrong way. (And sorry if it came off the wrong way, too. Smiley face was in there!)

Well, I could argue that 'Hair' was the first to really push the limits...

That's very true, I can't believe I didn't think of Hair!

Sigh. That's not what I meant. Sorry that you misunderstood. I was just saying that since we know the problem now (her not being tech savvy), maybe we can take the conversation out of here. People have been complaining that they can't find anything lately here. Sorry you took that the wrong way. (And sorry if it came off the wrong way, too. Smiley face was in there!)

Sorry, mah bad. I totally read the smiley as a sign of sarcasm.

And wasn't my intention to extend the conversation about that, the jokes was the end of discussion to me.

Anyway I know Parinaz download Real Player and got to see the video. Phew :banana:

But if someone wants it I can still upload.

Finally watching the video. Why not to make a thread for it's discussion?

Thanks for the youtube vids anyway =D

Billie was on good behavior - not one 'fuck' outta his mouth the whole time, lol.

. . .

I found it really interesting when MM said that Johnny killed off the St. Jimmy part of himself. There was so much debate on that character from the beginning . . .

Heh - Billie knows his audience and caters to it, just like any good showman would -- nice to know you can dress him up and actually take him somewhere when you have to. :lol:

Re MM's take on the St. Jimmy as alter ego vs. separate character -- When I saw the show I was impressed to see how Michael's interpretations and expansion of the album storyline really helped to flesh out the more ambiguous lyrics in the songs. I came away with a different (well, at least an alternative) interpretation of several themes/items that I didn't have before I saw the show, and now Give Me Novacaine and WMUWSE kill me every time I hear them (and regardless of whether it's the AIOB cast singing it or if I'm listening to the original Green Day AI album tracks).

download link please?

You can try this one if it's not blocked on your end:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KX25NYFC

Hmm, another person who says there was no story. I just don't get this need to have everything spelled out for people.

My sister was somewhat familiar (but only somewhat familiar) with the single releases from AI so she came to the show with a pretty clean slate, not much prior awareness or understanding of the album storyline or the relationships and interconnections between the songs. She (she's our age, just four years younger than me) came away from the show blown away. The characters' actions, the song lyrics, the "watch to see who is doing what where" all built the storyline for her the way that MM envisioned it. What I glean from this is: in this sense the musical is similar to the attitude or mindset you need to have when you go to see a Green Day concert. If you just sit there like you're mindlessly watching TV and approach the show like "ok I'm here now, you motherfuckers -- entertain me!" you're going to *completely* miss it. The one thing you won't get in the theater, though, that you will get at the concert is Billie screaming at you to STAND THE FUCK UP!!! :lol:

ok im going to admit it, if given the chance to see the AI musical, although it looks great, i wouldnt go.

i just couldnt let go of the story that i have imagined for 5 years to be jumbled up with the musical storyline

(which, from what i have heard, is completely different).

now i love reading, watching and listening to things about the musical.

and i love how excited everyone and the band is about it.

and hearing the cast album is a must on a weekly basis for me.

but im just too rigid i suppose.

i have too much of an emotional relationship with the storyline i've formed from the record...

ok im going to admit it, if given the chance to see the AI musical, although it looks great, i wouldnt go.

i just couldnt let go of the story that i have imagined for 5 years to be jumbled up with the musical storyline

(which, from what i have heard, is completely different).

now i love reading, watching and listening to things about the musical.

and i love how excited everyone and the band is about it.

and hearing the cast album is a must on a weekly basis for me.

but im just too rigid i suppose.

i have too much of an emotional relationship with the storyline i've formed from the record...

I've said earlier in this thread that seeing another artist's (Michael Mayer's, in this case) interpretation of the music I was already familiar with enhanced my understanding and appreciation of what Billie had already accomplished with it. The storyline is not "completely different" -- it takes the Jesus/St. Jimmy/Whatsername triangle that already exists in the album and adds two more characters, both of which (like Jesus) get stuck in a similar quarter-life crisis. One gets stuck at home with his girlfriend and newborn kid, the other goes off to war and gets shot up real bad, and the three storylines all get tied neatly together in Letterbomb and WMUWSE. In my view the storyline is enhanced, not hurt, by Mayer's additional interpretations.

I've said earlier in this thread that seeing another artist's (Michael Mayer's, in this case) interpretation of the music I was already familiar with enhanced my understanding and appreciation of what Billie had already accomplished with it. The storyline is not "completely different" -- it takes the Jesus/St. Jimmy/Whatsername triangle that already exists in the album and adds two more characters, both of which (like Jesus) get stuck in a similar quarter-life crisis. One gets stuck at home with his girlfriend and newborn kid, the other goes off to war and gets shot up real bad, and the three storylines all get tied neatly together in Letterbomb and WMUWSE. In my view the storyline is enhanced, not hurt, by Mayer's additional interpretations.

I think Ila's pov is perfectly valid. It's like the movie of the book you love - some people will be interested in seeing someone else's take on it, some won't want to see it at all, preferring to keep their own vision of it. I read an interview with the guy who did the sound for the musical where he said that whenever GD's version of 21 Guns came on the radio, he'd switch it off, to keep his own creative vision of it intact - it's the same kind of thing.