American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I'm not going to lie. I'm kind of in love with that logo.

I agree. One of the better Broadway-bound ones I've seen... and living here in NYC, I've seen a lot of here.

I agree. One of the better Broadway-bound ones I've seen... and living here in NYC, I've seen a lot of here.

Same. It's reminiscent of Spring Awakening and Rent (in style). Well played, Michael Mayer... Well played...

Same. It's reminiscent of Spring Awakening and Rent (in style). Well played, Michael Mayer... Well played...

Is it just me, or does the O in the logo look like a dog-tag with the heart hand grenade on it? Considering the little we know of the plot, that would definitely tie-in.

Is it just me, or does the O in the logo look like a dog-tag with the heart hand grenade on it? Considering the little we know of the plot, that would definitely tie-in.

I just told my friend the same thing! It's a great play on imagery. As someone who works in marketing, I think it's pretty smart.

I just told my friend the same thing! It's a great play on imagery. As someone who works in marketing, I think it's pretty smart.

I can see the jewelry marketing already. I'd like to have a dog tag like that!

Agreed! That and a CD of the Original Cast Recording (doubt they will do that unless it goes to Broadway) would be great.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised to see those available by September. If not then, definitely for an NYC (specifically Broadway) run.

Just to let you all know, especially here in NYC, my friend is re-doing his rock musical from 1990 called Lizzie Borden: An American Musical. This has been in the works for 5 years, so it's not jumping on any Spring Awakening or American Idiot bandwagons, I'd like to dispel that rumor before it starts! haha...

Anyway, I was in the first production in 1990 and there was another run in 1991 or 92. From what I understand, the musical director from Spring Awakening (whose name I can't remember) was doing the show but then decided to do the Spring Awakening tour. There's an entirely new cast for this show's incarnation.

They haven't really started advertising yet, but it's going to be at the Living Theater here in September. The music is great and the story is a classic tale of murder, revenge, and blood. Who could ask for anything more?

http://tookanax.com/

Agreed! That and a CD of the Original Cast Recording (doubt they will do that unless it goes to Broadway) would be great.

Off-Bway shows have been getting them too. It could happen! *wishful thinking*

Just to let you all know, especially here in NYC, my friend is re-doing his rock musical from 1990 called Lizzie Borden: An American Musical. This has been in the works for 5 years, so it's not jumping on any Spring Awakening or American Idiot bandwagons, I'd like to dispel that rumor before it starts! haha...

Anyway, I was in the first production in 1990 and there was another run in 1991 or 92. From what I understand, the musical director from Spring Awakening (whose name I can't remember) was doing the show but then decided to do the Spring Awakening tour. There's an entirely new cast now.

They haven't really started advertising yet, but it's going to be at the Living Theater here in September. The music is great and the story is a classic tale of murder, revenge, and blood. Who could ask for anything more?

http://tookanax.com/

I have friends who almost went to that audition! I'm sure we'll end up checking it out when it opens. :)

Note: I'm a huge theatre nerd. I just happened to grow up on Green Day, so the very idea of "American Idiot" makes my soul very happy!

Off-Bway shows have been getting them too. It could happen! *wishful thinking*

I have friends who almost went to that audition! I'm sure we'll end up checking it out when it opens. :)

Note: I'm a huge theatre nerd. I just happened to grow up on Green Day, so the very idea of "American Idiot" makes my soul very happy!

They should have gone! Tim the director and Steven the lyricist are great, the songs are amazing and there will be onstage blood! Woohoo! Haha.

Do you do theater here? I studied experimental theater at NYU in 80s but I don't do much acting now, unfortunately.

I'm very excited by American Idiot. I can't wait to see what they do with the audience participation, you know how the NYC theater crowd is... blech.

I'm very excited by American Idiot. I can't wait to see what they do with the audience participation, you know how the NYC theater crowd is... blech.

I wish I knew what you meant, I love theater, and sadly have never been to NYC.... and Utah gets so few of the musicals I want....

They should have gone! Tim the director and Steven the lyricist are great, the songs are amazing and there will be onstage blood! Woohoo! Haha.

Do you do theater here? I studied experimental theater at NYU in 80s but I don't do much acting now, unfortunately.

They definitely wanted to go, but it was a timing issue. I used to do theatre, but I fell into the marketing side and stayed there.

You think they'll have audience participation for American Idiot? Hmmm...I don't know. We'll probably get a better feel for it after reading reviews from Berkeley. I don't see Michael Mayer going with audience participation, but I could be wrong. I just want an NYC run!

They definitely wanted to go, but it was a timing issue. I used to do theatre, but I fell into the marketing side and stayed there.

You think they'll have audience participation for American Idiot? Hmmm...I don't know. We'll probably get a better feel for it after reading reviews from Berkeley. I don't see Michael Mayer going with audience participation, but I could be wrong. I just want an NYC run!

Well, not necessarily participation, but like with Spring Awakening, the audience being on the stage, stuff like that. I'm just wondering if/how they will incorporate... not that it's going to happen.

Hey, if there was a musical in which breaking the 4th wall would be fun, I would say it would be this one!

Well, not necessarily participation, but like with Spring Awakening, the audience being on the stage, stuff like that. I'm just wondering if/how they will incorporate... not that it's going to happen.

Ok, I get it now. Yeah, that would be kind of great! Stage seats were really fun!

Have you been to Rock of Ages yet? There's very little direct audience participation, but I saw a little more dressing up and Rocky Horror style callbacks the last time I went. I could see that one becoming a little more interactive.

I wish I knew what you meant, I love theater, and sadly have never been to NYC.... and Utah gets so few of the musicals I want....

NYC audiences can be a bit stodgy and stuck up. If it's in an off-Broadway theater, it would take the audience attitude down a bit, but a B'way house... well, we'll see. Although I went to see a production of The Who's Tommy in an off-Bway theater in Brooklyn the night before GD was at GMA and while the cast rocked it, the audience was not prone to moving. Which is really difficult with such great music. I was tapping my feet and rocking my head... it was a fun show.

Ok, I get it now. Yeah, that would be kind of great! Stage seats were really fun!

Have you been to Rock of Ages yet? There's very little direct audience participation, but I saw a little more dressing up and Rocky Horror style callbacks the last time I went. I could see that one becoming a little more interactive.

The last B'way show I saw was Mary Stuart and then Exit the King. Haven't gone to many musicals except the ones at the Public lately. I have to wait until the tickets go under $65 before I can see anything. I hate standing in line for TKTS, so no, I haven't seen Rock of Ages yet.

NYC audiences can be a bit stodgy and stuck up. If it's in an off-Broadway theater, it would take the audience attitude down a bit, but a B'way house... well, we'll see. Although I went to see a production of The Who's Tommy in an off-Bway theater in Brooklyn the night before GD was at GMA and while the cast rocked it, the audience was not prone to moving. Which is really difficult with such great music. I was tapping my feet and rocking my head... it was a fun show.

The last B'way show I saw was Mary Stuart and then Exit the King. Haven't gone to many musicals except the ones at the Public lately. I have to wait until the tickets go under $65 before I can see anything. I hate standing in line for TKTS, so no, I haven't seen Rock of Ages yet.

Rock of Ages has $26.50 lottery for every show. I think it's worth it.

You're going to the concert tonight, right?

Rock of Ages has $26.50 lottery for every show. I think it's worth it.

You're going to the concert tonight, right?

yes! tonight and tomorrow. i'm in seats tonight. are you going? i'm in 335, row n, seats 10 and 11, if you are around that section.

i'll check out the lottery, thanks!

i almost went to see the Queen show in London, but we decided to go and see Judi Dench instead. It was a good choice, but I really wanted to see that Queen show.

yes! tonight and tomorrow. i'm in seats tonight. are you going? i'm in 335, row n, seats 10 and 11, if you are around that section.

i'll check out the lottery, thanks!

i almost went to see the Queen show in London, but we decided to go and see Judi Dench instead. It was a good choice, but I really wanted to see that Queen show.

Same here! We're in 48 tonight and 309 tomorrow. So excited!

Queen would be awesome, but London is too far for me. I'll stick to NYC shows for now!

Yeah, that would be really cool. :) I'm still holding out hope that the play will make it to the Seattle area - I feel like it will translate better that way for some reason.