American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

"GD appreciation" as in various GD cd's not having left my cdplayer since the weeks leading up to the Opening Night of the show and playing them loud...and having Foxboro Hot Tubs videos taking up about every other space in my YouTube account :-)

Yes, through John, been following him for a while now and very happy for him for being back on Broadway in this particular show :)

Welcome to the GD Appreciation Club :)! And you can welcome me to the John Gallagher, Jr. Appreciation Club. He and everyone else in the cast of this show is amazing! I never thought I'd want to listen to anyone else singing Green Day's music, but they are just awesome!

Welcome to the GD Appreciation Club :)! And you can welcome me to the John Gallagher, Jr. Appreciation Club. He and everyone else in the cast of this show is amazing! I never thought I'd want to listen to anyone else singing Green Day's music, but they are just awesome!

Welcome to the club :) :

(or rather the two of them merged....)

Edited by Dutch

"GD appreciation" as in various GD cd's not having left my cdplayer since the weeks leading up to the Opening Night of the show and playing them loud...and having Foxboro Hot Tubs videos taking up about every other space in my YouTube account :-)

Yes, through John, been following him for a while now and very happy for him for being back on Broadway in this particular show :)

Well, that's sure a nice kind of GD appreciation. Like J'net said, welcome to the club! : D

Same here J'net! I never liked it if other bands covered Green Day music or something. But the AI cast singing these Green Day songs.. I love it! :wub:

Not sure if this has been posted but Billie Joe was on Sirius XM radio to talk about American Idiot musical:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Billie_Joe_Armstrong_to_Talk_Musical_Theater_on_SIRIUS_XMs_On_Broadway_Channel_20100507

Its got times when it will air :)

The XM radio site has got some clips:

http://www.xmradio.com/onbroadway

OOoOoOoo, would someone be able to record this→" Billie Joe was on Sirius XM radio to talk about American Idiot musical" and share with those of us who aren't able to listen pretty please? thank you!

hey people

i am going back to new york and i want to see the show a few times while i am there. a lot of you have seen the show numerous times... has it gotten easier to get cheaper seats? have you devised any systems or strategies that you are willing to share?

i am happy to pay full price, but if there are discount codes or other things available.. i would love to know!

i hope i am asking this question in the right place!

thanks!

hey people

i am going back to new york and i want to see the show a few times while i am there. a lot of you have seen the show numerous times... has it gotten easier to get cheaper seats? have you devised any systems or strategies that you are willing to share?

i am happy to pay full price, but if there are discount codes or other things available.. i would love to know!

thanks!

Some nights they sell box seats (which are partial view) for $37. As for lottoing, making friends who will come and help you out is the best way to increase your odds

hey people

thanks!

There are discount codes at BroadwayBox.com. I think the current ones expires June 30th. As Justin said, there's the lottery and every so often partial views. You can try the TKTS booth, too, as someone on BWW got 3rd row center orchestra for an unbelievable low price. :) If you have time, you can try every method. Heh...

Yeah, it's been over a year for me since I saw it at the Heart Like a Hand Grenade premiere. Then we were told the movie would never be released to the public, and I was in MOURNING. I love that song so much!

It's like a dream come true that it's out now. I love both versions :).

Do you know why the movie will never be released J'net? I look at all the time and energy that Green Day are using to promote the AI musical I wonder why they never seem to push for the movie. Do the band perhaps not want this movie released but Warner are taking the flack for it? I wondered if they may not want to say this to John Roecker after all the time he has spent on the movie. It just seems strange not to release it. I feel the bands intervention could get this moving. Although the album was years ago the music is going stronger than ever thanks to the musical and now seems like a perfect time to release it. I'd love to see it, same as everyone else here. I can't understand why it hasn't even been aired on tv or straight to dvd. Such a waste.

Do you know why the movie will never be released J'net? I look at all the time and energy that Green Day are using to promote the AI musical I wonder why they never seem to push for the movie. Do the band perhaps not want this movie released but Warner are taking the flack for it? I wondered if they may not want to say this to John Roecker after all the time he has spent on the movie. It just seems strange not to release it. I feel the bands intervention could get this moving. Although the album was years ago the music is going stronger than ever thanks to the musical and now seems like a perfect time to release it. I'd love to see it, same as everyone else here. I can't understand why it hasn't even been aired on tv or straight to dvd. Such a waste.

actually the guy that filmed it said its gonna be released this year. but thats all we have heard

actually the guy that filmed it said its gonna be released this year. but thats all we have heard

Warner was going to tell John if he can release HLAHG yesterday, not sure what happened though.

Warner was going to tell John if he can release HLAHG yesterday, not sure what happened though.

oh cool i never heard about that. if they say no i will be forced to kill them

NY peeps will be able to see this: (maybe someone is able to record and share with the rest of us???? please??)

Theatre Talk will feature Billie Joe Armstrong, composer-lyricist, Michael Mayer, director, from "American Idiot" based on the album by Green Day on Thirteen Friday, May 7 at 12:30 AM and on CUNY TV Saturday, May 8th at 8:30 PM, Sunday, May 9th at 12:30 PM and Monday, May 10th at 7:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 7:30 PM

Billie Joe Armstrong, composer and lyricist of the Tony-nominated musical American Idiot, based on the best-selling album he created with his band Green Day. He is joined by director Michael Mayer, who had the vision to transform American Idiot from a rock opera into a critically acclaimed musical for the stage.

Theatre Talk airs 10 times weekly in the New York area: on PBS station thirteen and NJN, plus WNYC and CUNY and is hosted by Michael Riedel, Broadway columnist for the New York Post and series producer Susan Haskins.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Theater_Talk_Features_AMERICAN_IDIOTS_Armstrong_and_Mayer_May_7_20100505

saw this very good interview

Hah, today I let a couple of musical people hear the OBCR. All day I've helped out painting the ... scene? background? (what's it called in English? In Dutch it's decor) for their musical, and they only brought two cd's or so to listen to, so then I was like "I have a musical on my iPod!!" :happy: (and after that I also put on some FHT and Green Day). I think they sort of liked it, at least. They did make a LOT of mocking comments, though xD But the speakers we had there were kinda shitty so you could barely hear the ensemble.

And one of them is going to London next Tuesday, he's going to see if he can buy me the OBCR there :happy:

Hah, today I let a couple of musical people hear the OBCR. All day I've helped out painting the ... scene? background? (what's it called in English? In Dutch it's decor) for their musical, and they only brought two cd's or so to listen to, so then I was like "I have a musical on my iPod!!" :happy: (and after that I also put on some FHT and Green Day). I think they sort of liked it, at least. They did make a LOT of mocking comments, though xD But the speakers we had there were kinda shitty so you could barely hear the ensemble.

And one of them is going to London next Tuesday, he's going to see if he can buy me the OBCR there :happy:

You spread the word...well done to you :) ( i think it's called "set" )

Nice friend you have....Result ! :banana:

do you think american idiot will ever some to the west end in england?? id' love to see it but my folks wont let me fly out to america to see it :( i can barely afford to go to the theatre as it is... :sherlock:

You spread the word...well done to you :) ( i think it's called "set" )

Nice friend you have....Result ! :banana:

Haha, yeah. And since they all do musicals and like them a lot, they were all like "what's it named? I wanna look it up!". (really funny people too, haha)

set, I think that's the one yeah.

Haha, yeah. And since they all do musicals and like them a lot, they were all like "what's it named? I wanna look it up!". (really funny people too, haha)

set, I think that's the one yeah.

Oh...stage your own production...with them....i'll buy a ticket :lol:

Oh...stage your own production...with them....i'll buy a ticket :lol:

Hahahaha :lol: I'll persuade my mom into suggesting it for next year's show :lol:

Hahahaha :lol: I'll persuade my mom into suggesting it for next year's show :lol:

Would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting ;)

Edited by Dutch

searching for OEYS!!!!!

last seen at the April 24th performance of AMERICAN IDIOT!!

returning to scene of the OEY's birthplace... for tomorrow's matinee!!!!

ITS OEY TIME!

Some of my Idiot photos from this last week:

Times Square

15315_391306421327_605726327_4081986_5976153_n.jpg

John and Myself (I got weird looks from Billie that night for wearing an RHCP shirt)

28696_390273826327_605726327_4061080_5373697_n.jpg

Carmel and Myself

28147_390356596327_605726327_4062707_138755_n.jpg

Ben, Rebecca, Brian, and Myself

28147_390356601327_605726327_4062708_1096142_n.jpg

Christina and Myself :D

28147_390329871327_605726327_4062088_587209_n.jpg

Idiot Softball

15315_391303556327_605726327_4081937_8287953_n.jpg

15315_391303561327_605726327_4081938_394361_n.jpg

Gerard

15315_391303551327_605726327_4081936_2155436_n.jpg

Miguel

15315_391303566327_605726327_4081939_2346532_n.jpg

Christina

15315_391300696327_605726327_4081890_5855633_n.jpg

Carmel

15315_391300691327_605726327_4081889_2526611_n.jpg

• Like 1

Great pictures :)

Going to ask a shallow question....Who is Joshua Henry's understudy ? Is there anyone else in the cast with the same....err....physique as him ? ( :wub: )

Edited by Dutch