American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I've been trying to not watch vids from the show before I see it for the first time next month but I thought this link was for a music video for some reason.

Holy shit though, that made me really excited to see it!!!!

The aerial work that Stark and Christina do is spectacular, and the video gives you just a little taste of it. It'll blow your mind when you see it live.

PROMISES, AMERICAN IDIOT, Among Shows to Perform at NYC Fleet Week, 5/28

In partnership with the City of New York, the United States Navy and Fleet Week Committee, The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum will celebrate the 23rd annual Fleet Week, May 26–May 31, 2010. Fleet Week is America’s tribute and “thank you” to the men and women who serve in the armed forces.

Most Fleet Week activities will be held at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum on Pier 86 (46 Street and 12 Avenue, Manhattan). Included in the week's festivities are cast performances by 5 new Broadway shows. AMERICAN IDIOT, PROMISES, PROMISES, THE ADDAMS FAMILY, MEMPHIS, and LEND ME A TENOR are the show to be featured on Friday, May 28.

Friday, May 28: Cast members from current Broadway shows AMERICAN IDIOT, PROMISES, PROMISES, THE ADDAMS FAMILY, MEMPHIS, and LEND ME A TENOR will perform at 2:00 PM.

More information: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Interpid_20010101

The aerial work that Stark and Christina do is spectacular, and the video gives you just a little taste of it. It'll blow your mind when you see it live.

right! so in this case it's good that it was filmed so tightly! so as not to giveaway the WHOLE stunning effect!

Spoiler alert if anyone else who hasn't seen the musical on that Extraordinary Girl video.

I've been trying to not watch vids from the show before I see it for the first time next month but I thought this link was for a music video for some reason.

Holy shit though, that made me really excited to see it!!!!

Glad to hear that :).

I know it's late but:

@ Justin: What a lovely thing you did for the cast and your picture with John made me smile....did you get the idea from that meeting ;)

@ daughter of rage and love: Q Magazine is in shops "overhere" as well :)

@ daughter of rage and love: Q Magazine is in shops "overhere" as well :)

sorry if I'm sounding blunt, but where did I ask about Q mag? :lol: anywho, I know it's also in shops here, not anywhere near me as far as I know, though. And my name is Sanne :)

sorry if I'm sounding blunt, but where did I ask about Q mag? :lol: anywho, I know it's also in shops here, not anywhere near me as far as I know, though. And my name is Sanne :)

Sorry, got confused i think....read your comments in the other thread (about the Q Mag) and as i happened to see it in a shop today i just thougt i'd mention it. Don't mind me :)

Sorry, got confused i think....read your comments in the other thread (about the Q Mag) and as i happened to see it in a shop today i just thougt i'd mention it. Don't mind me :)

Haha, it's no biggie, I was just wondering what I'd posted in this thread about Q mag I didn't remember, but apparently nothing. :)

my mom says if its ever coming to london well go there :woot:

Awesome! :D :D I asked my mother something like that, that she should come with me if it ever comes to London. She didn't say yes, so I'll ask it again!

my mom says if its ever coming to london well go there :woot:

That's great :D

I think I'm gonna pop the CD so now and then in the CD player downstairs and make them listen it, hopefully that'll make her like it more. Because as of now, unless the musical ever comes to the Netherlands (and the chance for that is zero), I won't ever see it. At this moment, I'll probably be grounded or something if I'd ask if she'd come with me to London to see it, if it went there.... well that's a bit exaggerated but my parents are pretty tired of me wanting to go to foreign countries. eh, 's not my fault nothing ever comes here.

That's great :D

I think I'm gonna pop the CD so now and then in the CD player downstairs and make them listen it, hopefully that'll make her like it more. Because as of now, unless the musical ever comes to the Netherlands (and the chance for that is zero), I won't ever see it. I'll probably be grounded or something if I'd ask if she'd come with me to London to see it, if it went there....

yeah she and i planned going there anyways so if its at that time we can surely go there and other wise actually too ^^ but i still have hope for it to come to germany one day ^^ germany is a country with many musicals so yeah ^^ you could come here if it would appear here ^^

yeah she and i planned going there anyways so if its at that time we can surely go there and other wise actually too ^^ but i still have hope for it to come to germany one day ^^ germany is a country with many musicals so yeah ^^ you could come here if it would appear here ^^

Hah, that's awesome.

Yeah, but would it be in English? We have quite some musicals too, but all of that's in Dutch. I haven't heard of a single big production here that's in English, everything's translated (and I don't think I've ever come across one where the translation's as good as the original). I can only cringe at the thought of Dutch Green Day lyrics. Maybe it will come here, but I'm 99.5% sure it most definitely won't be as good as the 'original musical'.

Hah, that's awesome.

Yeah, but would it be in English? We have quite some musicals too, but all of that's in Dutch. I haven't heard of a single big production here that's in English, everything's translated (and I don't think I've ever come across one where the translation's as good as the original). I can only cringe at the thought of Dutch Green Day lyrics. Maybe it will come here, but I'm 99.5% sure it most definitely won't be as good as the 'original musical'.

They should keep it English. They just have to, haha.

Btw, do you have the AI cast CD? :o I thought it wasn't even available here yet! Did you ask FRS if they'll sell it? I might buy it there.

It's a good idea actually. Every time my mom enters my room, I should play an AI musical song :)

Btw, do you have the AI cast CD? :o I thought it wasn't even available here yet! Did you ask FRS if they'll sell it? I might buy it there.

It's a good idea actually. Every time my mom enters my room, I should play an AI musical song :)

Yes, they really have to.

No, not yet, I was more speaking in a future's perspective (yeah, shitty English!). (well, I guess it's available if you ordered it from Amazon, but that's it). And haha, no, I still haven't asked :lol: I keep forgetting and procrastinating xD I tried to burn a CD with the MTV rip, but my stupid computer decided to not recognize empty cd's, so I put it on a DVD (it did recognize those for some reason) and now it can only be played in computers and DVD players. Kinda useless really.

Yes, they really have to.

No, not yet, I was more speaking in a future's perspective (yeah, shitty English!). (well, I guess it's available if you ordered it from Amazon, but that's it). And haha, no, I still haven't asked :lol: I keep forgetting and procrastinating xD I tried to burn a CD with the MTV rip, but my stupid computer decided to not recognize empty cd's, so I put it on a DVD (it did recognize those for some reason) and now it can only be played in computers and DVD players. Kinda useless really.

Oh, k. I get what you mean now :) Hmm, I might go to the local FRS here next week to see if they have it or not. Otherwise I'll keep the MTV rip a little longer. <3

Hah, that's awesome.

No matter how badly i am hoping to see this show, i would simply refuse to see it in a dutch translation. There have been productions overhere in english though so not all hope is lost :)

FRS doesn't have it yet, i checked today. I do already have it though. I ordered from Amazon :) Couldn't wait.

No matter how badly i am hoping to see this show, i would simply refuse to see it in a dutch translation. There have been productions overhere in english though so not all hope is lost :)

FRS doesn't have it yet, i checked today. I do already have it though. I ordered from Amazon :) Couldn't wait.

I think I'd go there anyway, even if it were in Dutch. Awful or not, it's still a Green Day musical, haha. There have been? Like, major/big (or semi-big) productions? I didn't know that, but it's definitely good to know. :)

As in, on their site? I know it isn't in their list of releases, but I still want to call an actual store, just to make sure. And haha, since you ordered it from Amazon, do you happen to know if it's cheaper to order it from the US or the UK store? (UK store has cheaper shipping, but the CD itself is more expensive... and I heard it doesn't have When It's Time (the Green Day version) :o)

I live in Canada and I'm driving out to NY this summer to see it for my birthday, I can' wait!

I think I'd go there anyway, even if it were in Dutch. Awful or not, it's still a Green Day musical, haha. There have been? Like, major/big (or semi-big) productions? I didn't know that, but it's definitely good to know. :)

As in, on their site? I know it isn't in their list of releases, but I still want to call an actual store, just to make sure. And haha, since you ordered it from Amazon, do you happen to know if it's cheaper to order it from the US or the UK store? (UK store has cheaper shipping, but the CD itself is more expensive... and I heard it doesn't have When It's Time (the Green Day version) :o)

Would have to think twice myself. Yes, quite big productions, most recently West Side Story, but also Hair, Rent and Tommy.

As in one of their stores. I ordered from Amazon, got it a week later, didn't expect that at all. I didn't compare prices with amazon. uk though so i don't know. Sorry :)

ETA: No When It's Time ? :wacko:

Should confess i am very happy with Johnny's version as he is the reason i got interested in American Idiot in the first place (which lead me to this new found GD appreciation) but i do understand you all have been waiting so long for a recording of that song. :)

Edited by Dutch

Would have to think twice myself. Yes, quite big productions, most recently West Side Story, but also Hair, Rent and Tommy.

As in one of their stores. I ordered from Amazon, got it a week later, didn't expect that at all. I didn't compare prices with amazon. uk though so i don't know. Sorry :)

Should confess i am very happy with Johnny's version as he is the reason i got interested in American Idiot in the first place (which lead me to this new found GD appreciation) but i do understand you all have been waiting so long for a recording of that song. :)

Yeah, but still... American Idiot musical! Can't miss out on that. Oh, okay.

Haha, okay, thanks. Then I'm not gonna bother waiting anymore either.

No! I don't know why either, but HMV I believe didn't have it listed, or something. And maybe amazon.co.uk neither, idrk.

Ah, you got into Green Day (or well... I'm not sure how strong "GD appreciation" is. anyway) through John? that's cool (:

Yeah, it's been over a year for me since I saw it at the Heart Like a Hand Grenade premiere. Then we were told the movie would never be released to the public, and I was in MOURNING. I love that song so much!

It's like a dream come true that it's out now. I love both versions :).

I want to start a meet-up for June 12th and 13th in New York. I will arrive in NYC on the morning of June 12th.

I would love to go to lunch and or supper ...I will be going to the 8:00pm showing of American Idiot and I want to get involved in the Tony Awards buzz in someway and maybe meet some peeps who are are also on their way to the UK gigs.

Please put suggestions down what we could do and put your name down!

lets have a great weekend!!!!

Suzanne:) please PM me or get hold of me on facebook

Too bad. I'll check it next week anyway, simply cause I can't order stufff off Amazon, and maybe it's cheaper here? xD

Yeah, but still... American Idiot musical! Can't miss out on that. Oh, okay.

Haha, okay, thanks. Then I'm not gonna bother waiting anymore either.

No! I don't know why either, but HMV I believe didn't have it listed, or something. And maybe amazon.co.uk neither, idrk.

Ah, you got into Green Day (or well... I'm not sure how strong "GD appreciation" is. anyway) through John? that's cool (:

"GD appreciation" as in various GD cd's not having left my cdplayer since the weeks leading up to the Opening Night of the show and playing them loud...and having Foxboro Hot Tubs videos taking up about every other space in my YouTube account :-)

Yes, through John, been following him for a while now and very happy for him for being back on Broadway in this particular show :)