American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

OK, so I hope nobody minds that I did this, but because of all the support we've had on here regarding their Tony snub, I went out and got a bunch of roses for all the cast on behalf of all the GDC, and Alysha from the cast is going to leave one at each actors station tonight, a token of our support for them, no matter what. And I made it clear it's from ALL of us, so I hope no one on here minds

You've gotta be kidding, Justin! I think that is SO sweet and I thank you from the bottom of my heart :wub:.

Let me know if you'd like me to chip in to help with the expense of that.

OK, so I hope nobody minds that I did this, but because of all the support we've had on here regarding their Tony snub, I went out and got a bunch of roses for all the cast on behalf of all the GDC, and Alysha from the cast is going to leave one at each actors station tonight, a token of our support for them, no matter what. And I made it clear it's from ALL of us, so I hope no one on here minds

That is so awesome and sweet.

I'll contribute too if you need since roses can be expensive. Just let me know.

Aw, that's so sweet! :wub: I just read on GDA they're nominated for 3 Tony awards, and wanted to post here that's awesome! They so deserve to win those.

OK, so I hope nobody minds that I did this

Awwwwww, that's going to floor them!!! :happy: Do you have a Paypal account that's set up to receive $? If so please post details and let us know how much the bill came to. I'd like to help a little, I see that others have already stepped up, and I'm sure there are still more of us who would be delighted to toss a few bucks in the hat!

Awwwwww, that's going to floor them!!! :happy: Do you have a Paypal account that's set up to receive $? If so please post details and let us know how much the bill came to. I'd like to help a little, I see that others have already stepped up, and I'm sure there are still more of us who would be delighted to toss a few bucks in the hat!

Justin, you are one thoughtful guy. Please let us know how we can contribute. I'm so sorry the cast is bumming. We all think the world of em!

Very thoughtful, Justin. I'll throw some dollars your way; how much was the purchase? :)

That WAS a very nice thing to do, Justin. :) Count me in for a donation.

Aw, that's so sweet! :wub:

that is so thoughtful! they are so deserving and have/are working so hard! we love them and appreciate them so much! thank you, thank you for doing that! :wub:

I shopped around (aka went away from touristy areas) and found 2 Dozen Red Roses for $20 (and made sure to find the nicest ones I could), so it wan't too expensive, but if people want to pitch in, yes, I do have PayPal. I'll post it later, for now, I leave you with this picture:

28696_390273826327_605726327_4061080_5373697_n.jpg

I shopped around (aka went away from touristy areas) and found 2 Dozen Red Roses for $20 (and made sure to find the nicest ones I could), so it wan't too expensive, but if people want to pitch in, yes, I do have PayPal. I'll post it later, for now, I leave you with this picture:

28696_390273826327_605726327_4061080_5373697_n.jpg

Great. A

Bargain on the roses, excellent shopping! Nice photo. What is with John's hair? :lol:

Holy moly - Tony Vincent is way ahead on that fan voting thing. Great! When does the voting end?

John, what a guy. Always reading. And apparently liking Famiglia pizza. haha.

Bargain on the roses, excellent shopping! Nice photo. What is with John's hair? :lol:

Holy moly - Tony Vincent is way ahead on that fan voting thing. Great! When does the voting end?

Hahaha - I noticed John's hair, too. I'm guessing he knows he'll have to have it "styled" for the show, so he just washes it and lets it do whatever it wants to until he gets to the theater.

Ah, wind blown John. Nice.

And isn't nice to be talking about someone else's hair for a change!

That's awesome! That's so thoughtful of you, and even more thoughtful to include all of us! The Tony's can suck it, they made really safe choices this year, and I think they'll be kicking themselves once they see how much longer AI runs than Fela!

Hahaha - I noticed John's hair, too. I'm guessing he knows he'll have to have it "styled" for the show, so he just washes it and lets it do whatever it wants to until he gets to the theater.

Heh... it better than when he was in Spring Awakening and he wore a knitted cap all the time even in the summer. :happy:

Justin, I'm glad that that worked out for you. :hug: Yay American Idiot cast!

First things first: The cast LOVED the flowers.

Second: The Boys are back in town! Billie Joe and Jason White were sitting one row, and one seat to the right of me (Billie the closest, diagonal from me)

Thirdly: Show rocked once again!

Fourth: Mayer let me into the Q&A session after the show tonight, which consisted of Ben, Tony, Stark, Esper, and near the end Billie answering questions :D I didn't ask any, just listened.

I'm sorry, but don't exactly understand what you're saying...

Are you asking if because it's only been on Broadway for a while that that's the reason it got so few nominations? If that's the case, no. It started previews in March so it's been around a considerable amount of time compared to some other new shows this spring.

And despite what some people have said, it hasn't sold out, at least not during a week (there's no public notice, as far as I know, of a single performance statistic).

It's a good show, I like it. However, it's not everyone's cup of tea and it seems like it especially wasn't the Tony nomination committee's cup of tea.

If that's not what you were asking, please clarify and I, or others, can answer your question better.

NO I am the one who is sorry, this isnt my first language, and because it was late (sleeppy) when I posted this, I ddint notice I was writing that confusing -.-

My question was a bit ironical also. I was just asking, basically If is there a problem because american idiot dont even has like the same amount of time of other shows. And ppl is bitching about that, saying they dont deserve to be nominated for a Tony, because of how long the show it's been on broadway right now.

But ppl always complain about everything and I agree with you, the musical it's been around a considerable amount of time.

Edited by SexyBIbiatch

Second: The Boys are back in town! Billie Joe and Jason White were sitting one row, and one seat to the right of me (Billie the closest, diagonal from me)

Fourth: Mayer let me into the Q&A session after the show tonight, which consisted of Ben, Tony, Stark, Esper, and near the end Billie answering questions :D I didn't ask any, just listened.

OMG You lucky lucky guy. Sounds awesome. And of course love that they love our (or really your) flowers!

That's great that you were able to get into the Drama League Q&A (that's what I FB messaged you about :)) How was the attendance? Any interesting questions/answers?

^ only about 9 people, and originally they weren't going to let me in unitl I mentioned Mayer said I could ;)

As what was asked, I will post more on that later

That's awesome they loved them, that was so sweet of you Justin! :)

And did the boys even leave NYC? It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.