American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Saw it two days ago, and it was amazing. it's like the album changed my life...again. Definitely want to go and see it again.

My favourite part was with Johnny, Whatsername, St. Jimmy, and the knife, but i was a little confused and thought there needed to be a lot more interaction between them all at that point. And i think, surprisingly, my favourite song was Letterbomb, even though that was never my favourite when the album first came out. Naomi captures all the bleeding emotions in it so well, especially with that scream.

WAKE UP!! :lol:

I love that part of Theo's performance. It's so theatrical and creepy :lol:

When I saw it a couple weeks ago, it reminded me of like an old time hawker/street vendor. You know, the ones who were half business and half showmanship as they tried to peddle their product to the gullible people who thought whatever it was would actually work as advertised. And since it's the part in the song that is speaking views from the "other side" who was basically trying to sell the public bullshit, combined with the way Theo is dressed...

That interpretation might be way off, but it's what I thought of.

American Idiot was nominated for 3 Drama Desk Awards: one for Best Musical, one for Michael Mayer in Direction, and one for Tom Kitt for Orchestrations (which he's also up for for "Everyday Rapture").

Tony nominations will be announced tomorrow morning. I'll post if "American Idiot" gets any and if no one else does post before me. :)

Speaking of Tony Noms tomorrow, I will be there tomorrow reporting from it live as a press member

I love that part of Theo's performance. It's so theatrical and creepy :lol:

When I saw it a couple weeks ago, it reminded me of like an old time hawker/street vendor. You know, the ones who were half business and half showmanship as they tried to peddle their product to the gullible people who thought whatever it was would actually work as advertised. And since it's the part in the song that is speaking views from the "other side" who was basically trying to sell the public bullshit, combined with the way Theo is dressed...

That interpretation might be way off, but it's what I thought of.

Try "spot on" -- not the only valid interpretation I've heard but it's a good one! :thumbsup:

i never got the chance to post this...but me and my friend fallyn got interviewed by MTV news about the play/GD performance 4/22

[idk how to post an exact video here but heres the link]

if someone can just attach the video leme know!

MTV CONTEST WINNERS! AI & GD 4/22/10

Speaking of Tony Noms tomorrow, I will be there tomorrow reporting from it live as a press member

Justin, that is so awesome, and you SO deserve it! You are the most loyal fan I've ever seen or even heard of :).

Hello everybody!

Have just got back from America (actually went during the previews but then a volcano in iceland decides to interfere in my plans to get home lol :~P) and I had to come on to say how INCREDIBLE the Musical is and I really urge you if you get the chance to go and see it. The whole show was full of energy and the audience was buzzing, the demand for an encore was so loud I couldnt hear the start of Time Of Your Life! It had its fair share of laughs to - my whole row was in tears of laugther during 'Favourite Son'

So, basically, if you can, go, because its fantastic! :woot:

Hope it comes to the uk sometime in the future!

Actually after watching it in light of this take, I actually don't necessarily disagree. It seems like a vagabond imitating the government. His eyes definitely look freaky and draw you in. Still stand by some of the things I would change about that part in the play (although minor), I think he does a great job but my understanding of that part of the actual song has changed via this whole discussion.

I just keeping that Theo is introduced as "The Representative from Jingletown" in the song. Anyway, don't know how that fits at the moment, but hey.

Justin is covering the event for my website Green Day Inc and our affiliate MTV Brasil

The press is let in first, so he is already in there and he posted this pic: http://twitpic.com/1kxs0s

Justin is staying with me while he's in town and when he told me about this, I was very excited for him. Go, Justin!

I was at the Drama Desk Award nominations yesterday, a minor award in comparison, but it was so exciting, I'm sure that Justin has butterflies and happiness at the moment!

Justin is staying with me while he's in town and when he told me about this, I was very excited for him. Go, Justin!

I was at the Drama Desk Award nominations yesterday, a minor award in comparison, but it was so exciting, I'm sure that Justin has butterflies and happiness at the moment!

I do. 2 minutes until they come out and start

They have already started tweeting out the nominations. Christine Jones for Best Scenic Design!

TheTonyAwards

BestScenicDesignMusical: MarinaDraghici(Fela), ChristineJones(American Idiot), DerekMcLane(Ragtime), TimShortall(La Cage) #TonyNoms

They have already started tweeting out the nominations. Christine Jones for Best Scenic Design!

TheTonyAwards

BestScenicDesignMusical: MarinaDraghici(Fela), ChristineJones(American Idiot), DerekMcLane(Ragtime), TimShortall(La Cage) #TonyNoms

Bummer, John Gallagher didn't get nominated for best actor in a musical. :(

Bummer, and neither did Tony get Best Featured Actor. :(

Nominees list:

Tony Awards List of Nominees 2010

ok Who is going to the Tony Awards with me ...we can be glam!!

I am buying my ticket this week!

WOW! T Kitt wasn't nominated! What?

But congrats on Best Musical! That's awesome!

I see they went with the big names for the acting awards...I guess this is more of an ensemble piece and there were so many great performances that they didn't know who to nominate!

WOW! T Kitt wasn't nominated! What?

But congrats on Best Musical! That's awesome!

I see they went with the big names for the acting awards...I guess this is more of an ensemble piece and there were so many great performances that they didn't know who to nominate!

this happened at the Oscars for Lord of the Rings!

the movie was so great they couldn't nominate any individual actor

I hope they get best musical,,hehe.......the whole set of noms is very sad tho

NO TONY VINCENT??? PFTTTTTT

YES YESSSS, best musical!!! :banana:

I'm bummed that the actors didn't get nominated though... :(

Tony Vincent was robbed. :mad:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I say Green Day fans flood Radio City Music Hall

anyone with me?

OMG am I this is massive news. Seriously being nominated for best Musical is a big deal and its just going to be amazing for the band, I am so happy for them, so proud :D Might actually cry a little for them too :cry:

damn found out I can't do the Tony Awards

NOT ENOUGH MONEY!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

AIOB's up for three Tony awards, two minor and one major:

Best Musical

Best Scenic Design of a Musical (Christine Jones)

Best Lighting Design of a Musical (Kevin Adams)

Agreed, Tony Vincent and Tom Kitt got robbed. :mad:

The show's competition for Best Musical is:

Fela!

Memphis

Million Dollar Quartet

Wagers anyone? :)

Steven hogget, michael mayer and tom kitt were absolutley robbed. ROBBED. I am fuming right now as I type this. I think the tony voters dont like commercial stuff. I am convinced of it. And what about Johnny gallagehr and tony vincent??? :mad::cry:

AND Enron not being nominated for best play???? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Has anyone noticed that the tony voters have gone for more famouse names for their nominations eg, Denxzel washington, catherine zeta jones etc??? i think there is some fishy stuff going on. Nominate more famous actors/actresses to get more ratings for the show. :pinch::pinch:

I am so EXCITED for them all!!! :banana:

WOW!!! Best Musical is BIG! :woot: I agree John and Tony deserve a nom as well. Any word on Female noms?