American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Not loving the other one - I don;t think I would have recognized any of them without your caption that it was supposed to be some of the cast members.

Yeah I agree with you. Tony and Aspen like it interestingly enough

AI Cast Perform on May 10th for Mary McGarry Children's Foundation (link)

On Monday, May 10th the Mary McGarry Children's Foundation is hosting a fundraiser from 8pm-10pm at the Times Square Arts Center (42nd St and 8th Ave). The event is proud to announce that several cast members from the critically acclaimed Broadway hit, Green Day's "American Idiot" will be in attendance and will be performing their own songs throughout the evening.

Performers include Tony award winner John Gallagher Jr., Declan Bennett, Gerard Canonico, Brian Charles Johnson among others.

100% of the proceeds will go to benefit The Mary McGarry Children's Foundation, a non-profit which sponsors individual children's education in Central Africa. "It's hard to put into words how excited I am for this event. I am beyond thankful to have all these wonderfully talented artists come together to support such a beautiful and important cause" said Katie McGarry, President and Founder of MMCF.

Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at www.mmcfafrica.org or at the door for $30 if available.

About MMCF:

Founded in 2009, MMCF is a completely non for profit foundation run by young New York City artists. Children sponsored by the foundation are orphans in Uganda and Tanzania. Sponsorship through MMCF provides education from secondary school through University including room and board, books, uniforms and healthcare

AI Cast Perform on May 10th for Mary McGarry Children's Foundation (link)

On Monday, May 10th the Mary McGarry Children's Foundation is hosting a fundraiser from 8pm-10pm at the Times Square Arts Center (42nd St and 8th Ave). The event is proud to announce that several cast members from the critically acclaimed Broadway hit, Green Day's "American Idiot" will be in attendance and will be performing their own songs throughout the evening.

Performers include Tony award winner John Gallagher Jr., Declan Bennett, Gerard Canonico, Brian Charles Johnson among others.

Still so much great stuff happening in NY, even though I've come home now. Don't they know it's time to stop? :lol:

It was great meeting you last week, and quite surreal to look over and see you at the next ticket window at the AA theater. How did you like THAT show?

Still so much great stuff happening in NY, even though I've come home now. Don't they know it's time to stop? :lol:

It was great meeting you last week, and quite surreal to look over and see you at the next ticket window at the AA theater. How did you like THAT show?

Nice to have met you, too. Heh... It was interesting and I ended up liking; I wished, however, it was in a smaller theatre because it would have worked better. It's Michael Mayer, Tom Kitt, and several other AI's other project and I was talking to Tom about it on Thursday so I was happy to see it. :) Plus, I lost the AI lottery and it was cheap ticket. :)

Also, I posted a buttload of pictures from the Bloomingdale's signing on my Tumblr (link). However, these are my favorite ones.

60286537sorano916427201071454PM.jpg

60286540sorano916427201072638PM.jpg

60286544sorano916427201073036PM.jpg

Nice to have met you, too. Heh... It was interesting and I ended up liking; I wished, however, it was in a smaller theatre because it would have worked better. It's Michael Mayer, Tom Kitt, and several other AI's other project and I was talking to Tom about it on Thursday so I was happy to see it. :) Plus, I lost the AI lottery and it was cheap ticket. :)

Also, I posted a buttload of pictures from the Bloomingdale's signing on my Tumblr (link). However, these are my favorite ones.

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/60286537sorano916427201071454PM.jpg[]

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/60286540sorano916427201072638PM.jpg[]

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/60286544sorano916427201073036PM.jpg[]

Oh, I LOVE the look on Rebecca's face in that first one! She is so precious and so cute!

I quite liked the other show, too. Billie Joe recommended it to Andres and me when we talked to him on opening night of AI. I didn't realize it was also directed by MM until I read the Playbill. Then as I was walking out of the theater, MM was standing at the back. When he saw me, he gave me a huge hug and said, "I'm SO glad you came." I was glad to be able to say I enjoyed it. But I don't think there are a lot of Green Day fans who would really appreciate it. It needs people who love almost all kinds of music (such as ... moi). Absolutely adored the Mr. Rogers parts and the youtube thing ... And, I'll bet you also noticed the set piece that was briefly used in the AI musical :).

Oh, I LOVE the look on Rebecca's face in that first one! She is so precious and so cute!

I quite liked the other show, too. Billie Joe recommended it to Andres and me when we talked to him on opening night of AI. I didn't realize it was also directed by MM until I read the Playbill. Then as I was walking out of the theater, MM was standing at the back. When he saw me, he gave me a huge hug and said, "I'm SO glad you came." I was glad to be able to say I enjoyed it. But I don't think there are a lot of Green Day fans who would really appreciate it. It needs people who love almost all kinds of music (such as ... moi). Absolutely adored the Mr. Rogers parts and the youtube thing ... And, I'll bet you also noticed the set piece that was briefly used in the AI musical :).

Oh, yeah. I was glad that it wasn't used anymore in 'Rock and Roll Girlfriend' so I had to laugh when I saw it again. Christine Jones who did the AI set also did the ER set as well as Kevin who did the lighting and Brian who did the sound. :) But yeah, it's definitely total opposite of AI but it still lots of fun and the YouTube scene was great.

Fun fact: Sherie Rene Scott was in "Tommy." :D

Oh, yeah. I was glad that it wasn't used anymore in 'Rock and Roll Girlfriend' so I had to laugh when I saw it again. Christine Jones who did the AI set also did the ER set as well as Kevin who did the lighting and Brian who did the sound. :) But yeah, it's definitely total opposite of AI but it still lots of fun and the YouTube scene was great.

I agree about R&R Girlfriend. I was really pleased that they took it back to (almost) the way it was in Berkeley - much better IMO.

I did not know that about her, and I'm surprised. She doesn't look exactly like a young kid, but she does look too young to have been in Tommy (at least to me).

I did not know that about her, and I'm surprised. She doesn't look exactly like a young kid, but she does look too young to have been in Tommy (at least to me).

She played Sally Simpson. :happy:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Coverage_AMERICAN_IDIOT_Gypsy_Robe_Ceremony_20100427

WOW! Look at the smiles! There's some really priceless photos from the Gypsy Robe Ceremony for Andrew Call at the bottom of this article.

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/60286537sorano916427201071454PM.jpg[]

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/60286540sorano916427201072638PM.jpg[]

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/60286544sorano916427201073036PM.jpg[]

OH those photos are TERRIFIC!!! :wub: thanks for sharing!

the AI cast is to appear on The Late Show with David Letterman this Thursday (4-29)!!! I just watch them perform on LIVE with Regis & Kelly yesterday! This is so good for them! :woot:

the schedule for Letterman:

http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/show_info/this_weeks_guests.php

Yup. Posted about that a couple of days ago, but it's a good reminder. :) They'll be performing "Holiday." They apparently were practicing it between the shows this past weekend (or at least on Saturday). Rebecca, Michael, Mary, and Tony won't be in it as far as I know since they're not in that song in the show.

Very off-topic, but I love her voice. :wub:

Is that Everyday Rapture you are talking about? I wondered about that - interesting that there are so mant AI people who are also working on that one. Michael Mayer's dad was talking about it at one of the AI shows and he couldn't remember the name of it . :lol: I had to Google later that night.

Is that Everyday Rapture you are talking about? I wondered about that - interesting that there are so mant AI people who are also working on that one. Michael Mayer's dad was talking about it at one of the AI shows and he couldn't remember the name of it . :lol: I had to Google later that night.

Yes, that's it. I really enjoyed it.

even perez hilton is proud of the musical saying something like "maybe green day will have a tony to hang with their grammys" that man is usually so bitter and by the popularity of his site, maybe this can attract more potential viewers to go the show!

Posted on mtv.com today:

Apr 27 2010 9:31 AM EDT

Green Day's 'American Idiot' Tops Broadway Box Office

Show brought in nearly $800,000 in its opening week.

By Gil Kaufman

Green Day can add another notch to their studded belts: the Berkeley, California-bred pop-punk trio are now officially Broadway kings. According to Variety, the group's "American Idiot" musical had a solid debut near the top of the Great White Way money chart last week, with sales dramatically up thanks to mostly positive reviews.

After opening last Tuesday, the musical treatment of the band's landmark 2004 album brought in a hefty $777,860 during the week ending Sunday. Those numbers were up from the previous week's take of $464,946, when the show was still in previews, according to the Wall Street Journal.

A spokesperson for "Idiot" said the first week's figures would have been even higher if all the opening-night tickets had not been complimentary and a portion of other tickets for two other performances last week had not been given out for free. Despite the good news for "American Idiot," the Journal noted that the show has yet to notch a full week of sold-out performances.

(article continues on full site)

I have but one thing to say:

:banana:

Hahaha - the musical is in the Onion!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/green-days-american-idiot-musical-opens,17336/

Green Day's 'American Idiot' Musical Opens

A stage adaptation of Green Day's 2004 album American Idiot opened on Broadway last week. Here are some of the plot highlights from this boy-pursuing-his-dreams-in-the-big-city story:

• A towering crescendo, rotating stage platform, and flashing klieg lights simulate the simultaneous pain and elation of having one's nose pierced
  • Love interest reveals she's a Bush supporter moments too late, when the couple has just finished making love and singing about it
  • The chorus refuses to stay on stage just because that's what they were told to do, so they totally mosh in the aisles as punk-colored balloons fall
  • Early hit "Hitchin' A Ride" is performed with plenty of vocal razzle-dazzle as originally intended
  • Main character calls everything he likes "Tré Cool!"
  • The Angel of Punk Rock turns out to be a disfigured roadie who lives in an underground lair beneath the old CBGB
  • Chorus dancers wearing leotards with the letters D, U, and H never manage to line up properly
  • The protagonist ultimately realizes that fulfillment doesn't come from rigid societal conformism, but from a mild, inoffensive brand of nonconformism that is easily digestible—even widely marketable—to the masses

Hahaha - the musical is in the Onion!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/green-days-american-idiot-musical-opens,17336/

Green Day's 'American Idiot' Musical Opens

A stage adaptation of Green Day's 2004 album American Idiot opened on Broadway last week. Here are some of the plot highlights from this boy-pursuing-his-dreams-in-the-big-city story:

• A towering crescendo, rotating stage platform, and flashing klieg lights simulate the simultaneous pain and elation of having one's nose pierced
  • Love interest reveals she's a Bush supporter moments too late, when the couple has just finished making love and singing about it
  • The chorus refuses to stay on stage just because that's what they were told to do, so they totally mosh in the aisles as punk-colored balloons fall
  • Early hit "Hitchin' A Ride" is performed with plenty of vocal razzle-dazzle as originally intended
  • Main character calls everything he likes "Tré Cool!"
  • The Angel of Punk Rock turns out to be a disfigured roadie who lives in an underground lair beneath the old CBGB
  • Chorus dancers wearing leotards with the letters D, U, and H never manage to line up properly
  • The protagonist ultimately realizes that fulfillment doesn't come from rigid societal conformism, but from a mild, inoffensive brand of nonconformism that is easily digestible—even widely marketable—to the masses

that was brilliant. so brilliant.

So, I did a flashback photo series on Twitter. I figure I would share some :thumbsup::)

dmtekn.jpg

Michael Mayer

1eq6gp.jpg

John Gallagher, Jr. (on the left)

20iyj4h.jpg

Stark Sands

fdvuvd.jpg

Michael Esper

14ocdmq.jpg

Tony Vincent (on the left)

vs2mp2.jpg

Mary Faber

e0kj6r.jpg

Gerard Canonico (on the left)

1zlg6iw.jpg

Brian Charles Johnson

347tqqg.jpg

Declan Bennett

2yulye1.jpg

Lorin Latarro

2rrutrb.jpg

Aspen Vincent

Sidenote #1: I love the fact the Johnny, Gerard, and Brian have all played the same role but look so different. :D

Time Of Your Life

its not the full video though.

also this is it possible some one could record a whole video of time of your life. i knows it kinda a big ask but i would love to see a full video of it. thanks

So, I did a flashback photo series on Twitter. I figure I would share some :thumbsup::)

John's grown into his toothy grin :).