American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Cast of American Idiot on Regis and Kelly today

im surprised they're moving from last nights show lol

I believe that that was filmed last week. Someone mentioned here that they were pre-taped.

I just watched it and thought it was live. and since the show's ''Live'' with regis and kelly, I dont know, perhaps it was taped but it didnt look like it.

There was only John Gallagher, Michael Esper and Stark Sands (johhny,will and,tunny) and they played wake me up when september ends.Now I absolutely need to see the show!

Edited by freakobass

I got a video of them on stage after the show on opening night, but he wasn't full out crying, just kind of teary :)

That was such a great vid, you had such a nice view! Awesome to hear that TOYL version, I hope to see the musical one day :wub:

I just watched it and thought it was live. and since the show's ''Live'' with regis and kelly, I dont know, perhaps it was taped but it didnt look like it.

There was only John Gallagher, Michael Esper and Stark Sands (johhny,will and,tunny) and they played wake me up when september ends.Now I absolutely need to see the show!

Heh... It wasn't live. Here's the post talking about the pre-taping: http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=67157&view=findpost&p=3770640

Plus, based on Michael's Twitter and eyewitness accounts, I seriously doubt that he and Johnny could have function this morning, much rather play & sing, after last night's Tubbie show. :lol:

Plus, based on Michael's Twitter and eyewitness accounts, I seriously doubt that he and Johnny could have function this morning, much rather play & sing, after last night's Tubbie show. :lol:

Yeah you're right, I forgot about that , after reflection, they looked too clean and functional for it to be live.

Loved reading your full review. I must go home and rewatch all the videos again. They are just awesome.

So glad the trip turned out so well for you and your mom.

heres my review of my whole trip last week....

ch-ch-ch-ch-check it out! :D

http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=388828861961

along with my playlist of all my videos i got, starting with the video that won me the contest :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5D0633B04EAB806B

Love your writeup...gonna go watch the videos now. So, so awesome that you guys had such a great time. Talk about an experience of a lifetime! :happy:

That's pretty awesome! :D

and yeah, really nice tattoo too. I really like it! (and nooo, not saying that because of who gave him)

I loved it. I really liked the way they used their set. It was really creative. And the way they intertwined some of the songs was mind blowing. The cast is so nice , we were really lucky and got to meet alot of them plus we ran into Jason Freese after the show too. His kid is so cute! oh yeah and we saw J'net and Andres - Hi again!

Guest Shangri-La

^he's tattooed Mike a bunch of times in the past and has said if he weren't a musician he'd be a tattoo artist.

and that tattoo is freaking baaaaddass!

From one of Stark's interviews:

Anything disastrous ever happen on-stage? Unwanted drama?

(Laughs) Well, in one of our previews there's a bed onstage that is pushed around a lot. John Gallagher starts with a bed in the middle of the stage and then at one point it gets moved over and propped on a 45-degree angle. After this preset, I jump into the bed. There was one night that they'd changed the mattress, because Michael thought it was too bouncy. So the production crew brought in a much stiffer one. So the first night they brought on this very, very stiff mattress, when I jumped onto it, it popped out of the frame and slid onto the ground into the front row of the audience while I was sitting on it. So I took a nice little ride on the mattress.

Sounds like fun.

(Laughs) It was ridiculous. All the while I had to hold this note for a long time in "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and there was nothing I could do to get back onstage during that note. But, I never sung it better in my life, probably because all I was thinking "Oh God, what am I going do?" So I did the whole number sitting on the bed on the ground with the corner of the mattress poking into someone's face in the front row. And eventually I found a way to get up, push the mattress back into its frame. But the show goes on. That's what I like about live theater-those moments, once you're in the groove you may freak out but you sort of go on auto-pilot. Truthfully, it's fun when something strange happens during this show.

Heh... was anyone at this performance?

This sketch of the production team is pretty much epic. Too bad its limited edition and he doesn't do prints:

25152_383870803877_47083513877_3946645_5037086_n.jpg

He also did this one that is supposed to be John (and Gerard, Declan, and Chase?):

25152_383182428877_47083513877_3929551_6338070_n.jpg

He does this for several shows:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3946645&id=47083513877#!/album.php?aid=117156&id=47083513877

That top one of the production team is great! You can totally tell who everyone is and I dig Billie Joe's crazy eyes.

Not loving the other one - I don;t think I would have recognized any of them without your caption that it was supposed to be some of the cast members.

I really like that first picture! Lol at Mike's face, I have to laugh everytime I look at it :lol:

From one of Stark's interviews:

Heh... was anyone at this performance?

I actually laughed out loud at that :lol:

Ouch!

although I'd probably get the biggest laughing fit ever if I randomly got a mattress shoved in my face, and then start to hurt after a while.