American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

They just posted the MTV interview with Katie (and other chick who we don't like):

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637681/20100423/green_day.jhtml

Woops nevermind it's about last night

Woops nevermind it's about last night

aww you got me all excited when i first saw this :( cause we got interviewed by mtv news and by mtv radio... but i've yet to see/hear either of them =/

Just a little request/question, is there anyone who has the program from the show and can possibly scan it? Thanks a lot :happy:

An aerial view of last nights performance taken by Cenovia Cummins (one of the show's musicians) from the balcony on stage:

Nice video! "This is my first time on Broadway", yay for Billie :wub:

Here's the surprise show at AMERICAN IDIOT THE MUSICAL 4/22/10 <3333 Pretty good quaility :D I'm so happy to have experienced that!!

Just a little request/question, is there anyone who has the program from the show and can possibly scan it? Thanks a lot :happy:

I'm assuming just the AI-related stuff because Playbills have more than just about the show. Honestly, thought, the cast pictures and bios are the same that's on the website. So, my question is: can I just scan the title page, the cast list page, and the scene/song list page or do you really want everything?

I'm assuming just the AI-related stuff because Playbills have more than just about the show. Honestly, thought, the cast pictures and bios are the same that's on the website. So, my question is: can I just scan the title page, the cast list page, and the scene/song list page or do you really want everything?

Oh yeah that's absolutely fine, if the rest is on the website anyway :)

Oh yeah that's absolutely fine, if the rest is on the website anyway :)

Cool beans. I'll scan it tonight.

I don't think anyone posted but the cast will perform "Holiday" on Letterman on Thursday.

is there video of billie crying on stage? I saw the pix in the pix thread and was wondering.

Awesomeness, Zoe.

I think I'd be dead by now if I were you. Your liver is weeping. :thumbsup:

Guest Shangri-La

LOL i realized that today and decided when i get back home to take some AA classes. I'm not that bad usually but I need a serious alcohol detox for a while. just not right now!

LOL i realized that today and decided when i get back home to take some AA classes. I'm not that bad usually but I need a serious alcohol detox for a while. just not right now!

Come to Utah, its one giant alcohol detox area

I don't think anyone posted but the cast will perform "Holiday" on Letterman on Thursday.

Great! :)

oops, I fixed them, they should work now ;)

Very cool videos Katie! I'm just wondering, what kind of camera did you use to record those?

Great! :)

I'm excited that they're doing all of these different songs! Personally, I think 21 Guns is a poor choice of song to represent the show with so I think performing all these other songs to perform is testing the waters for the TONY Awards performance (*knockonwood, hopefully they'll be nominated*).

Omg, American Idiot was AMAZING!!! I can't even begin to decribe it in words! It was just that great! and after, i was lucky enough to get Tony Vincent's autograph <3! Oh, and I have the playbill already scanned, i'll put it up.

MegPicture999.jpgMegPicture1000.jpg

Last night was my last night seeing the musical. Finally met Ton Vincent. I really can't even describe how much I love this thing. I don't want to go back to California at all.

Saw it 4 times this week! Saying bye to Michael and Rebecca was sad, I'll miss them a lot and this play. I can't believe how nice the whole cast is.

I'm really going to try and make it back out to New York sometime with my mom.

Whoa, so someone @'ed me on Twitter (@thatgirlallison, btw!) with a link to his review of AI, and well, he didn't like it but I also didn't take him that seriously because he used the term "folks of color," and since the music was not by any "folks of color," why did they "have to use them so hard?" Referring to Rebecca Naomi Jones as a "baby mimi" ala rent, etc.

He's a med student, so I just wrote back saying that we're not friends and I hope I never end up with him as my doctor, LOL.

Some people, jesus...

I'm excited that they're doing all of these different songs! Personally, I think 21 Guns is a poor choice of song to represent the show with so I think performing all these other songs to perform is testing the waters for the TONY Awards performance (*knockonwood, hopefully they'll be nominated*).

Uhuh, same here! I love their version of Holiday, I think It's a great choice to perform that one! :D

Just a question for people:

How much has the musical changed from when it was out in Berkley? I'm curious.

Just a question for people:

How much has the musical changed from when it was out in Berkley? I'm curious.

I think from the first preview week, about 35%. From Opening Night, about 25%.

It's mostly additional dialogue, costume changes, choreography/blocking changes, Tunny's injury...

Dear American Idiot Theatrical Production Thread,

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that there's been a new thread in my life that's got me a little pre-occupied. Im not saying we have to break up or anything, but there is this thread called FOXBORO HOT TUBS IN NYC and its kinda, well, cooler than you. I mean your actors are amazing and I have a pure crush on the music that TOM KITT created and a total love for the story that BILLIE JOE and MICHAEL MAYER brought to life. So, I guess I just wanted to let you know I'm still thrilled for you and all, and lets hang out again once the FOXBORO HOT TUBS leave NYC. The REVEREND STRYCHNINE TWITCH is just the coolest cat in town.

Love,

Abbey

is there video of billie crying on stage? I saw the pix in the pix thread and was wondering.

I got a video of them on stage after the show on opening night, but he wasn't full out crying, just kind of teary :)

Cast of American Idiot on Regis and Kelly today

im surprised they're moving from last nights show lol

I got a video of them on stage after the show on opening night, but he wasn't full out crying, just kind of teary :)

I jast want to say:''OMG! Your sig is fuking amazing!!!'' :banana:

I think from the first preview week, about 35%. From Opening Night, about 25%.

It's mostly additional dialogue, costume changes, choreography/blocking changes, Tunny's injury...

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if the plot or anything changed much, I figured some would for the move to broadway and during the previews. I was listening to the bootleg from Berkley and trying to find some differences.

And trying to figure out the plot of the whole play. :lol:

Thanks. (: