American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

ohh thank you! yeah i always try to make the meet ups and then stuff always comes up! but i also have to go to school [till 11:20] come home get ready leave and then pick up the tickets. such a pain in the butt cuz i gotta get the tix before 6pm, so i might just make it there in time for that

I feel yer pain - after I get into PennSta tomorrow I'm looking at a ton of running around and at least $50 in cab fares (my sister's apartment is in the Battery so I get to swing by her place first to drop my bag, then over to Pop2Life's office to pick up our tickets, then over to my firm's office at 30 Rock to (yuck) work for the rest of the day. Then around 5ish things should start getting fun. :)

Hope we get a chance to meet you tomorrow!

Oh shit! I won the contest for the 22nd too!

The more the merrier! :) What, did only GDCers enter the damn thing?

haha did u just find out?

I forgot which email address I'd put down, and sure enough, it was the one I never check. And then I check it, and it's like "Congratulations!" and I was like "OH SHIT!"

I feel yer pain - after I get into PennSta tomorrow I'm looking at a ton of running around and at least $50 in cab fares (my sister's apartment is in the Battery so I get to swing by her place first to drop my bag, then over to Pop2Life's office to pick up our tickets, then over to my firm's office at 30 Rock to (yuck) work for the rest of the day. Then around 5ish things should start getting fun. :)

Hope we get a chance to meet you tomorrow!

The more the merrier! :) What, did only GDCers enter the damn thing?

haha keep intouch with me! im sure youll see me there somewhere. i wonder where the seats are located.

i literally had a heart attack in the balcony walking down the stairs to my seats last night. i had to sit on the floor n crawl down to the second row and then going back up i missed a step and almost fell backwards

I forgot which email address I'd put down, and sure enough, it was the one I never check. And then I check it, and it's like "Congratulations!" and I was like "OH SHIT!"

Oh shit is right -- I think ticket pickups for contest winners started today. Better email Emilie (I think that's her name) ASAP and make sure it's not too late to hop aboard.

HAHAHAHA You're Lucky

Oh shit is right -- I think ticket pickups for contest winners started today. Better email Emilie (I think that's her name) ASAP and make sure it's not too late to hop aboard.

I can't go today. It says you can pick them up tomorrow too. I'm going to have to do it, then.

Tickets will be available from 9am - 6pm on Wednesday, April 21st and 10:30am - 6pm on Thursday, April 22nd at the Pop2Life Office. The Pop2Life office closes at 6PM, you must arrive before 6pm!

haha keep intouch with me! im sure youll see me there somewhere. i wonder where the seats are located.

i literally had a heart attack in the balcony walking down the stairs to my seats last night. i had to sit on the floor n crawl down to the second row and then going back up i missed a step and almost fell backwards

Ok so if I see someone take a tumble from upstairs tomorrow then I'll know it's just you. :)

From what I've heard, MTV is probably going to have their cameras on us for most of the night tomorrow night, and the prize package value in the legal stuff is something like $200 or $250...divide that by two and you get the face value of orchestra tickets. So my guess -- okay, my utmost sincere HOPE :woot: -- is we'll be somewhere on the floor. Should be fantastic wherever they put us.

Andres and I had a great time, too!

I only wish that ballroom had been filled with all of you instead of so many industry people who don't care near as much as you do. It would have been so incredibly awesome to have a Green Day party like that for Green Day fans.

I am so glad you had fun.

Meeting you last year, I am not surprised that the guys remember you. You, my dear, are a legend and I cannot wait to see you again in England in June.

J'net, you are my hero!

Ok so if I see someone take a tumble from upstairs tomorrow then I'll know it's just you. :)

From what I've heard, MTV is probably going to have their cameras on us for most of the night tomorrow night, and the prize package value in the legal stuff is something like $200 or $250...divide that by two and you get the face value of orchestra tickets. So my guess -- okay, my utmost sincere HOPE :woot: -- is we'll be somewhere on the floor. Should be fantastic wherever they put us.

either floor or front sec of the mezz =] WHICH is almost like the best spot in the house!

My friend, who's a photographer, was there through-out the entire evening photographing for Motorola, his pictures are great and they're here:

http://www.nickmcglynn.com/randomnightout/photos/albums/greendaypremiereonbway2010/index.html

It was an awesome night :) I'm still processing it!

Nice review! :happy:

And thanks so much for the photos! They're great

did anyone talk to zach quinto?

Omg this!! I would love to hear what he thought about the musical =D

We talked to all the band members ... just briefly with Mike and Tre early in the evening. Later, Billie saw me and came over to chat ... that just made my night. I introduced him to Andres and we told him we're with GDA, and he said, "Cool! I go to that site all the time!" We chatted for quite a while about the show, and he recommended another one we should see while we're here (Everyday Rapture). It was a lovely experience just standing there talking to him - without having had to be pushy or anything.

Ohh J'net I'm so happy for all of you =D

And so happy that the band loves GDA!! I actually can't believe that Billie goes to GDA all the time lool

You guys really deserved this amazing time

Wish I would have gone, and be so nicely treated by the boys (including everyone you just mentioned)

We talked to all the band members ... just briefly with Mike and Tre early in the evening. Later, Billie saw me and came over to chat ... that just made my night. I introduced him to Andres and we told him we're with GDA, and he said, "Cool! I go to that site all the time!" We chatted for quite a while about the show, and he recommended another one we should see while we're here (Everyday Rapture). It was a lovely experience just standing there talking to him - without having had to be pushy or anything.

I only wish that ballroom had been filled with all of you instead of so many industry people who don't care near as much as you do. It would have been so incredibly awesome to have a Green Day party like that for Green Day fans.

That's so awesome! I'm glad you all had a great time there. Lol at Billie going to GDA, yay!

And yeah, it would've been awesome if we all could've been there to have a big Green Day party, but oh well. :)

We had the greatest REALLY long chats with Jeff Matika and Jason Freese. Jeff immediately recognized me because I always wave at him when he comes downstage to play with Jason W during the shows. He even remembered where I always stand. After we talked for ages, he called his wife over to introduce her to us. He is JUST the nicest guy ... talked about how it felt when he first started playing with Green Day. Talked about all kinds of things.

Jason Freese ... WELL ... I just can't say enough HE'S ALSO THE NICEST GUY! They're all the nicest guy!!!! He talked to us for ages - loves GDA - I can't even remember everything we all talked about. But I did remember to ask him if he really played with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and he did. He told some great funny stories, too :lol:. Finally I asked him if he has a cell phone that shows photos now (y'all might remember one of those youtube vids when we were watching out for the new album). He said now that he has a child of his own, he has to have a phone that shows photos so his wife can send him pics when he's traveling.

We talked to Pat and Bill S. Several of the cast members ... Ben Thompson introduced us to Beth, and she said, "Oh you're J'net!" That was so sweet, and then she thanked me for being so supportive. We had lovely lovely chats with Tony and John. Briefly saw Mary Faber in a fabulous gold sequin dress and told her she looked stunning.

Spoke to one of the producers that we'd met on Saturday night. Spoke briefly to Michael Mayer.

Oh yeah, rubbed shoulders for quite a while with Serena Williams. Also Joey, Jakob and Adie. Adie had on the highest heels I've ever seen, and she was STILL shorter than Billie!

Everyone was on such a HIGH ... but not as HIGH as yours truly!

Wow that is awesome, J'net!!!! :wub: I'm so glad everyone had such a great time. I wish I was there too!

We had the greatest REALLY long chats with Jeff Matika and Jason Freese. Jeff immediately recognized me because I always wave at him when he comes downstage to play with Jason W during the shows. He even remembered where I always stand. After we talked for ages, he called his wife over to introduce her to us. He is JUST the nicest guy ... talked about how it felt when he first started playing with Green Day. Talked about all kinds of things.

Jason Freese ... WELL ... I just can't say enough HE'S ALSO THE NICEST GUY! They're all the nicest guy!!!! He talked to us for ages - loves GDA - I can't even remember everything we all talked about. But I did remember to ask him if he really played with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and he did. He told some great funny stories, too :lol:. Finally I asked him if he has a cell phone that shows photos now (y'all might remember one of those youtube vids when we were watching out for the new album). He said now that he has a child of his own, he has to have a phone that shows photos so his wife can send him pics when he's traveling.

We talked to Pat and Bill S. Several of the cast members ... Ben Thompson introduced us to Beth, and she said, "Oh you're J'net!" That was so sweet, and then she thanked me for being so supportive. We had lovely lovely chats with Tony and John. Briefly saw Mary Faber in a fabulous gold sequin dress and told her she looked stunning.

Spoke to one of the producers that we'd met on Saturday night. Spoke briefly to Michael Mayer.

Oh yeah, rubbed shoulders for quite a while with Serena Williams. Also Joey, Jakob and Adie. Adie had on the highest heels I've ever seen, and she was STILL shorter than Billie!

Everyone was on such a HIGH ... but not as HIGH as yours truly!

Oh, J'net, That's so amazing!

I'm glad you and everyone else had an awesome time!

Thank you, Janet for the recap, it was amazing :)

And thanks for the pictures, I deduce from them that Tre has a new date, oh well :lol:

thanks janet for the recap and thanks katie for the pics :)

And thanks for the pictures, I deduce from them that Tre has a new date, oh well :lol:

again :lol: lol

oh gosh..seems like it was an amazing night! I'm sooo happy that everyone had a great time! :banana:

Wow, sounds like it was an awesome night! :D

I'd really appreciate it if someone could posts links to videos that got posted... this thread is moving way too fast. :S

Billie hears what we're saying! That's so awesome!

I wish he would join GDC...or maybe he's here in disguise....

They have to change the lyric in Homecoming now.

I've got a rock'n'roll band

I've got a rock'n'roll life

I've got a rock'n'roll girlfriend

and yet another rock'n'roll girlfriend

And another ex-wife......

Hope he's at least having fun with the new GF. :) Anyone know who she is?

It sounds like last night was so much fun! I'm on a high just reading about all of this! :happy:

I introduced him to Andres and we told him we're with GDA, and he said, "Cool! I go to that site all the time!"

That's so cool! :woot: (I just hope he didn't read some of the comments on there, especially that whole bra fiasco, :ermm: )