American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I'm so happy and excited about this, and I wasn't even there :lol:

Haha same here :lol:

Awww This is so amzing! Thanks for the videos and reviews! =D

The boys seem to be so happy and proud of themselves!

Last night was fantastic! The theatre was an absolute effing madhouse! The afterparty was even crazier. I FINALLY got a picture with Billie Joe (http://tinyurl.com/y3fnp5n). I swear I didn't bum-rush him with a camera, so I'm not really sure what that face he was making was for, but oh well! The show was full of energy and everyone sounded great. Heather sounded a BIT rough but I think it was just the microphone sounding weird in the balcony. I feel like Tony may have hesitated on one of the final notes of 'Know Your Enemy' but he still sounded fantastic regardless. The balcony was a mad house - there were investors strewn through-out but mostly it was fans.

Almost all of the food was 'mini' - aside from hot dog stands, and the half-cut off bags of fritos that they put chili in. They had slushi machines that were mixing green apple martini slushis and cosmo slushis - and they were serving them in cups that had the 7-11 logo, but instead of a 7, it had '4' and instead of 11, it said 'twenty.' Pretty cool. There was a rumor that the guys were going to perform that night, but that never happened unfortunately! I was introduced to TR Knight (formerly of Grey's Anatomy?) and spent a bit of time talking to Ben Thompson and his fiance because my girlfriend who I was with knew them. I got home around 1:45am, I think. I spoke to several people, but mostly theatre industry people. We checked out the NYT review on my friends phone around midnight and was delighted to see that it was a RAVE.

My friend, who's a photographer, was there through-out the entire evening photographing for Motorola, his pictures are great and they're here:

http://www.nickmcglynn.com/randomnightout/photos/albums/greendaypremiereonbway2010/index.html

It was an awesome night :) I'm still processing it!

My friend, who's a photographer, was there through-out the entire evening photographing for Motorola, his pictures are great and they're here:

http://www.nickmcglynn.com/randomnightout/photos/albums/greendaypremiereonbway2010/index.html

Wow, awesome night and even more awesome photos. :) I can't get over how much Joey looks like his dad.

That sounds just wonderful. :wub: I really wish I could have been there, too.

Love the pictures, and the video was really nice.

Last night was fantastic! The theatre was an absolute effing madhouse! The afterparty was even crazier. I FINALLY got a picture with Billie Joe (http://tinyurl.com/y3fnp5n). I swear I didn't bum-rush him with a camera, so I'm not really sure what that face he was making was for, but oh well! The show was full of energy and everyone sounded great. Heather sounded a BIT rough but I think it was just the microphone sounding weird in the balcony. I feel like Tony may have hesitated on one of the final notes of 'Know Your Enemy' but he still sounded fantastic regardless. The balcony was a mad house - there were investors strewn through-out but mostly it was fans.

Almost all of the food was 'mini' - aside from hot dog stands, and the half-cut off bags of fritos that they put chili in. They had slushi machines that were mixing green apple martini slushis and cosmo slushis - and they were serving them in cups that had the 7-11 logo, but instead of a 7, it had '4' and instead of 11, it said 'twenty.' Pretty cool. There was a rumor that the guys were going to perform that night, but that never happened unfortunately! I was introduced to TR Knight (formerly of Grey's Anatomy?) and spent a bit of time talking to Ben Thompson and his fiance because my girlfriend who I was with knew them. I got home around 1:45am, I think. I spoke to several people, but mostly theatre industry people. We checked out the NYT review on my friends phone around midnight and was delighted to see that it was a RAVE.

thanks for sharing your evening with us and the great photos!

Andres and I had a great time, too!

We talked to all the band members ... just briefly with Mike and Tre early in the evening. Later, Billie saw me and came over to chat ... that just made my night. I introduced him to Andres and we told him we're with GDA, and he said, "Cool! I go to that site all the time!" We chatted for quite a while about the show, and he recommended another one we should see while we're here (Everyday Rapture). It was a lovely experience just standing there talking to him - without having had to be pushy or anything.

We had the greatest REALLY long chats with Jeff Matika and Jason Freese. Jeff immediately recognized me because I always wave at him when he comes downstage to play with Jason W during the shows. He even remembered where I always stand. After we talked for ages, he called his wife over to introduce her to us. He is JUST the nicest guy ... talked about how it felt when he first started playing with Green Day. Talked about all kinds of things.

Jason Freese ... WELL ... I just can't say enough HE'S ALSO THE NICEST GUY! They're all the nicest guy!!!! He talked to us for ages - loves GDA - I can't even remember everything we all talked about. But I did remember to ask him if he really played with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and he did. He told some great funny stories, too :lol:. Finally I asked him if he has a cell phone that shows photos now (y'all might remember one of those youtube vids when we were watching out for the new album). He said now that he has a child of his own, he has to have a phone that shows photos so his wife can send him pics when he's traveling.

We talked to Pat and Bill S. Several of the cast members ... Ben Thompson introduced us to Beth, and she said, "Oh you're J'net!" That was so sweet, and then she thanked me for being so supportive. We had lovely lovely chats with Tony and John. Briefly saw Mary Faber in a fabulous gold sequin dress and told her she looked stunning.

Spoke to one of the producers that we'd met on Saturday night. Spoke briefly to Michael Mayer.

Oh yeah, rubbed shoulders for quite a while with Serena Williams. Also Joey, Jakob and Adie. Adie had on the highest heels I've ever seen, and she was STILL shorter than Billie!

Everyone was on such a HIGH ... but not as HIGH as yours truly!

I only wish that ballroom had been filled with all of you instead of so many industry people who don't care near as much as you do. It would have been so incredibly awesome to have a Green Day party like that for Green Day fans.

opening night was amazing!

headed over the area of the afterparty right after the show. got to say hello to green day [didnt wana bother asking for pics or anything] but they didnt sign a few autographs for a few people which was really nice of them!

btw- is anyone going tomorrow that won tickets? i got an email last night saying i won so i was totally confused but hey whatever, i guess ill see it for the 6th time LOL :banana:

I only wish that ballroom had been filled with all of you instead of so many industry people who don't care near as much as you do. It would have been so incredibly awesome to have a Green Day party like that for Green Day fans.

THIS! ... I wish it too :( ...

but wow ..Im so happy you guys had such an amazing time! .. you really deserve it! .. you work so hard for the band the sites and for us! :D Im also really happy you got to chat with the band! that must have been surreal!

really really happy for all the people that got to go,! :P

THIS! ... I wish it too :( ...

but wow ..Im so happy you guys had such an amazing time! .. you really deserve it! .. you work so hard for the band the sites and for us! :D Im also really happy you got to chat with the band! that must have surreal!

really really happy for all the people that got to go,! :P

It was kind of surreal. Andres and I just kept looking at each other and smiling. It was hard to believe.

Oh, and I forgot! At the show, we sat next to Eddie's wife (Eddie ... Billie's bodyguard ... formerly known as Frank). We chatted with her for quite a while. I told her the story of the name confusion, and she thought it was funny :).

opening night was amazing!

headed over the area of the afterparty right after the show. got to say hello to green day [didnt wana bother asking for pics or anything] but they didnt sign a few autographs for a few people which was really nice of them!

btw- is anyone going tomorrow that won tickets? i got an email last night saying i won so i was totally confused but hey whatever, i guess ill see it for the 6th time LOL :banana:

Hey ToniAnn - I'll be there with a bunch of others from here who also won. My best guess for the MTV sweepstakes is they pulled 300 names, sent out "you won" emails, waited for the response deadline to lapse, then they knew how many still-unclaimed tix they have to give away so they pull more names out of the hat again.....lather, rinse, repeat until all 300 tix are gone. Glad your name rose to the top eventually! :) Looks like there will be a small meet-up dinner before the show -- watch J'net's "4/19-4/20-4/22" thread in this section.

Everyone was on such a HIGH ... but not as HIGH as yours truly!

Words escape me. All that's left are bunnies :bunny: , bananas :banana: , and a BSEG. :D Sooo glad you had the chance to experience all that!

Hey Toni - I'll be there with a bunch of others from here who also won. My best guess for the MTV sweepstakes is they pulled 300 names, sent out "you won" emails, waited for the response deadline to lapse, then they knew how many still-unclaimed tix they have to give away so they pull more names out of the hat again.....lather, rinse, repeat until all 300 tix are gone. Glad your name rose to the top eventually! :) Looks like there will be a small meet-up dinner before the show -- watch J'net's "4/19-4/20-4/22" thread in this section.

ohh thank you! yeah i always try to make the meet ups and then stuff always comes up! but i also have to go to school [till 11:20] come home get ready leave and then pick up the tickets. such a pain in the butt cuz i gotta get the tix before 6pm, so i might just make it there in time for that

Oh shit! I won the contest for the 22nd too!

Later, Billie saw me and came over to chat ... that just made my night. I introduced him to Andres and we told him we're with GDA, and he said, "Cool! I go to that site all the time!"

:ninja: hello mr. billie joe :ninja: