American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Thank you! thank you ! thank you! :D Now it figure out how to get there! can anyone suggest a inexpensive hotel nearby???

Hit Expedia and search for anything in/near midtown. Cheapest last-minute rate I found for a name-brand hotel was around $180 for one night, but there are cheaper hostels around that are a lot more hit'n'miss....and if you're coming in from Minn. you're gonna have some pricey last-minute airfare to worry about too. :( If you are able to make it, be sure to check in on our meet-up thread -- there's a small group of us getting together (probably for dinner) before the show on the 22nd.

Hope your plans work out and congrats on the win!

Hit Expedia and search for anything in/near midtown. Cheapest last-minute rate I found for a name-brand hotel was around $180 for one night, but there are cheaper hostels around that are a lot more hit'n'miss....and if you're coming in from Minn. you're gonna have some pricey last-minute airfare to worry about too. :( If you are able to make it, be sure to check in on our meet-up thread -- there's a small group of us getting together (probably for dinner) before the show on the 22nd.

Hope your plans work out and congrats on the win!

Thanks soooo much! i will try so hard to make it work! it's really a chance of a lifetime for me-bucket list material! i have to do this as cheap as possible. if i make work i'll be sure to check out the meet-up thread! i'd love to meet you guys! thank you again! :wub:

Thanks soooo much! i will try so hard to make it work! it's really a chance of a lifetime for me-bucket list material! i have to do this as cheap as possible. if i make work i'll be sure to check out the meet-up thread! i'd love to meet you guys! thank you again! :wub:

At the very least go ahead and claim the darn tickets. You'll have a few more days to work out the rest of the details.....hopefully someone else who knows NYC better than I do will jump in with some hotel or hostel suggestions.

I'm coming up from the Washington DC area Thursday morning. My firm has an office at Rockefeller Center where I'll be able to get some work done in the afternoon (yeah like I'll be able to concentrate on work at all that day??)....then I'm going to see the show with my sister (she lives with her fiance near the World Trade Center site) and crashing at their place, heading back to DC the next day. Just feelin' damn lucky I'm able to do this (and that my wife is willing to spring me loose for an overnight!)

Hey guys, i'm new here and just rec'd this email this afternoon. i thought all these MTV tickets were given out?? Can someone tell me if this is this legit?? (of course i left out some of the info w/ the password out of it) THANKS TONS! :unsure:

Congratulations, you've won a pair of tickets to the AMERICAN IDIOT Broadway Show on April 22nd!!!!

Please read through the ENTIRE email!

IMPORTANT: YOU AND YOUR GUEST MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER

If you need a hotel, there is a semi-cheap one called The Jane Hotel on Jane Street. One of the mods here is staying there for the week. It's not luxurious and they have shared bathrooms, but it's cheap, friendly and clean. And if you need a second person for your ticket, I volunteer, lol.

But seriously, check out the Jane.

If you need a hotel, there is a semi-cheap one called The Jane Hotel on Jane Street. One of the mods here is staying there for the week. It's not luxurious and they have shared bathrooms, but it's cheap, friendly and clean. And if you need a second person for your ticket, I volunteer, lol.

It's also the home of the Jane Street Theatre, where "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" had it's off-Broadway run... another fantastic rock musical! The area is very, very cool. I'm glad to hear it's cheap!

Thank you! i'm still working it out. :blink: trying not to lose my mind! lol

Thank you! i'm still working it out. :blink: trying not to lose my mind! lol

Good luck! The Jane Hotel is basic and the shared bathroom, is well, shared, but I hear it's ok by NYC standards if you want somewhere cheap but ok.

I'm going to be around the theater tomorrow so I'll see the red carpet live. Im hoping to meet the band tomorrow. Met the cast except Tony and John. Im hoping to meet them tomorrow too. It was also great meeting everyone. Whoevers going tomorrow if you see me say hi. I'll be wearing my red Green Day hoodie i also have long blonde hair

I'm so excited! I didn't fall asleep until about 2 AM. Woke up at 5:30 AM, and am so damn excited I feel like I'm going to puke. AHHH!

im debating, do you think it will be worth going into the city today for the red carpet?

or it just gonna be too crazy busy?

im debating, do you think it will be worth going into the city today for the red carpet?

or it just gonna be too crazy busy?

I think it's worth going. I was planning to go yesterday before I got a ticket. It'll definitely be hella busy, but... so worth it in the end!

New Green Day musical will "move you to tears"

Green Day's American Idiot: The Musical is set to open at the St. James Theater in New York tonight (Tuesday, April 20). And, according to frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, it'll move you to tears.

"It's going to move people," the singer told reporters. "I think it's the same reason why you would want to go see a band play live, you know?

"Having a chorus of people sing a Green Day song isn't unlike what you'd experience at one of our concerts," he added. "At the same time, this is a theatre piece that takes you on a complete journey with these characters. That's why I love watching it over and over again."

from http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/04/new_green_day_musical_will_mov.html

Break a leg to the cast and crew! And the band who are probably feeling the pressure. It's going to be so amazing and I can't wait to read all the reviews and see the pictures and the feed!

I think it's worth going. I was planning to go yesterday before I got a ticket. It'll definitely be hella busy, but... so worth it in the end!

Ok thanks :) I am going to go. Will you be there too? It's gonna be so fun meeting all the gdcers

At the very least go ahead and claim the darn tickets. You'll have a few more days to work out the rest of the details.....hopefully someone else who knows NYC better than I do will jump in with some hotel or hostel suggestions.

I'm coming up from the Washington DC area Thursday morning. My firm has an office at Rockefeller Center where I'll be able to get some work done in the afternoon (yeah like I'll be able to concentrate on work at all that day??)....then I'm going to see the show with my sister (she lives with her fiance near the World Trade Center site) and crashing at their place, heading back to DC the next day. Just feelin' damn lucky I'm able to do this (and that my wife is willing to spring me loose for an overnight!)

Skye Hostel, for sure.

Cheap, and pretty nice.

http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/21622-Sky-Hostel

Ok thanks :) I am going to go. Will you be there too? It's gonna be so fun meeting all the gdcers

Yeah. I won't be getting in until around 5, but I'll be there.

I'm so excited about tonight! Can't wait to hear some updates! :woot:

have an amazing time everyone who's going! :banana:

Live feed, where is this? What will it actually be of? This is the first i've heard of it.

I just entered Rolling Stone's contest to see the American Idiot musical. It would be sweet to see it again, but I highly doubt I'll win.

Also, if the show is still running at the end of August and I have some money, I'm thinking of taking a day trip to NYC to see the show with a friend. I could get out there for $30 round-trip on a Greyhound, and it'd be a sweet thing to do right before I go to college.

So, I'm all set and ready for opening night!

openingnight.jpg

HEY! i'm going! i'm bookked! :thumbsup: NYC here i come!!! the 22nd through the MTV tickets! YIKES!

Su-weet! See you at the show!