American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

FUCK YES! I'm ecstatic right now!

Congrats! I know you've been wanting to go. Lucky you.

Congrats! I know you've been wanting to go. Lucky you.

I went nuts trying to get the money to my friend so she could get it in her account before they were all gone. When I got home, the site said it was sold out... but I called Telecharge and got one!

I'm guessing Katie will be too busy to post her Video Blogs on here today, so I hope she doesn't mind if I do. Here's her first:

That is so awesome, and her mom's "We're not in Kansas anymore" line at the end is priceless. Katie (& Mom), I hope you both enjoy your NYC adventure to the utmost!! And keep these vids coming! :)

I went nuts trying to get the money to my friend so she could get it in her account before they were all gone. When I got home, the site said it was sold out... but I called Telecharge and got one!

Persistence pays off!!

Persistence pays off!!

It really does! I can't believe I managed to pull that off. I was shaking I was so nervous about it! I'm still kinda shaking a little bit!

My job is gonna think I'm insane when I go in to pick up my paycheck tomorrow and be like "I'm off to see American Idiot tonight!"

Because after tomorrow, and then Friday, it'll be 4 times. They think I'm going a bit overboard. But it's partially their fault. They BOUGHT me the ticket to the 17th!

XD

I wouldn't call that scathing at all! As a matter of fact, I'd call it rather good. The "But it ain't punk" comments aren't important in my book. That's an argument that's been going on around Green Day from the start. He actually says quite a few good things about the musical in his article. It's not a rave review, "But it ain't scathing!" :)

I agree. It seems to me like the reviewer went to a Broadway musical expecting a punk rock concert to break out. If he wanted to see a punk rock concert, then he should have gone to see (and review) one.

They really do! They just hang around and talk to you like you've been friends with them for years. <3

That's amazing, and so down to earth. No wonder the band enjoyed working with them as much as they seem to have.

I agree. It seems to me like the reviewer went to a Broadway musical expecting a punk rock concert to break out. If he wanted to see a punk rock concert, then he should have gone to see (and review) one.

Agreed, a similar article came out last fall from a reviewer in San Jose

Okay, so this may sound a bit weird and it's probably already been asked before, but for those who have gone to the production: Did you have to "dress up" for it? I was just wondering b/c I know it's in a theater and I for a lot of the Broadway shows that you have to dress up to see them. Sorry, if this question has already been posted, but I am just curious b/c I am planning on getting a ticket for the production, but I don't want to show up at the theater totally under or overdressed. :unsure:

I'm mixing it up a bit for the MTV promo show on Thursday.....slacks, sweater, and a pair of black Chucks. :)

Very exited for this weekend! Sadly I wont be as active as I hope to be since I just got home from surgery. =/

But I'm still up for meeting some people and walking around.

Does anybody know hjow to change the AI mobile site back to the regular one?

For some reason it loads the Moblie site. :unsure:

And I realized, I didn't post up what an awesome time I had at the musical on Saturday!

I met up with Warding_off_regrets. We ended up taking a bus down to the city together, and our seats were right next to each other. Crazy!

Anyway, we got to the theatre pretty early. Michael Esper showed up, and I waved. He looked at me kinda confused, so I held up my hat. He gave me the thumbs up, walked over, and introduced himself to Ashley. He told me that they'd made some changes to the show since last time I saw it, so I was like "Ooh, I'm excited! As long as there's still flying." He laughed and was like "Don't worry, there's still flying."

Then he went off and did his own thing. We saw Bill Schneider walk by, and got overly excited about that. XD

Then when the interns came out to do the student lottery, they recognized me too. One of them told me about how Michael had mentioned me and the hat to her. Which made me feel special.

Went in the show, and lo and behold, Bill Schneider is right there, standing in front of where we're supposed to be sitting. We went up to him and asked for his autograph. He was like "Me? Why would you want MY autograph?" and Ashley was like "Because Pinhead Gunpowder is awesome!" and I was like "And because there's this game called Where's Billdo? where we look at candids of Green Day and try to spot you in them." He laughed and was like "I don't like the name. It's too similar to something else." So the name has since been changed to Where's Bill-Not-Do. He signed the playbill. He said he'd be nice and sign it, even though he doesn't usually.

After the show, I waited around so Ashley could try to get their autographs and stuff. Then Stark Sands came out, and I hadn't met him or talked to him at all yet, so I asked for a picture with him. Despite the fact that I hadn't met him or anything, he still recognized me too. He was like "You've been here before!" So that made me feel special.

Michael came up to me again afterwards and was like "Did you notice the changes?" and I had. I spent the majority of the time going "That's different! That's new!" etc. So I told him I had, and that I really enjoyed them.

Then Ashley went up to Gerard to get his autograph, and I guess he noticed me standing behind her. He signed her autograph and was like "You're back, hey!" Then came up to me and gave me a huge hug. It was awesome... the cast are so amazing. They really are just all so friendly and stuff... :happy:

Yo :lol:

The play was seriously incredible. There were so many powerful moments, and holy crap- Tony Vincent IS St. Jimmy. I loved the song arrangements, the story, the choreography...it was all so amazing and well done and plain gorgeous at some parts. And the cast was so gracious too, like Fallyn said. They just hung out and talked and were great in general.

The Bill Schneider encounter was incredible/hilarious. It's not everyday you get to meet the bass player of a band you love :lol: "I don't like that name, it sounds too much like something else" XD But he was so nice.

And hanging out with Fallyn wasn't so bad either ;) Just a couple of die-hards parked outside the St. James or roaming the city, searching for food, Starbucks, and Fluffy.

This thread depresses me because I definitely can't afford to go anytime soon and I wanted to go this week or next week.

:cry:

Hey guys, i'm new here and just rec'd this email this afternoon. i thought all these MTV tickets were given out?? Can someone tell me if this is this legit?? (of course i left out some of the info w/ the password out of it) THANKS TONS! :unsure:

Congratulations, you've won a pair of tickets to the AMERICAN IDIOT Broadway Show on April 22nd!!!!

Please read through the ENTIRE email!

IMPORTANT: YOU AND YOUR GUEST MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER

1 - FILL OUT LEGAL FORMS

2 - LEGAL FORMS ARE RECEIVED

Please head to the link below to fill out your legal forms.

'BRINGING POP CULTURE 2 LIFE THROUGH CREATIVE EXPERIENCE'

Pop2Life - Creative Marketing | Promotion | PR

EMILIE CENATIEMPO

Hey guys, i'm new here and just rec'd this email this afternoon. i thought all these MTV tickets were given out?? Can someone tell me if this is this legit?? (of course i left out some of the info w/ the password out of it) THANKS TONS! :unsure:

Congratulations, you've won a pair of tickets to the AMERICAN IDIOT Broadway Show on April 22nd!!!!

1 - FILL OUT LEGAL FORMS

EMILIE CENATIEMPO

seriously!! I COULD USED SOME HELP HERE! Someone respond, please???? Are they still passing these MTV tickets out?

Edited by roxsw88

1 - FILL OUT LEGAL FORMS

EMILIE CENATIEMPO

Legit. MTV was giving away somewhere around 500 [EDIT: 300 seats -- see MTV's archived news release] tix for the April 22 show. I'm going along with a number of other folks on the forum.

P.S. - the legal stuff are waivers allowing MTV to use your name, photos, videos they shoot of you, etc. for their promotional purposes. Pop2Life is a real media/PR company that MTV contracted out with to handle the ticket distribution for them. I had thought the deadline for responding was Sunday but it's possible they've had enough "thanks but can't go" turn-downs from the first round of winners to be able to dip back into the hat for a second round and give away their entire allotment of seats.

Legit. MTV was giving away somewhere around 500 tix for the April 22 show. I'm going along with a number of other folks on the forum.

Thank you! thank you ! thank you! :D Now it figure out how to get there! can anyone suggest a inexpensive hotel nearby???