American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I just found out that they're going to record me on monday evening interviewing Rebecca (whatsername) :D

I'm so nervous and excited! lol

That's awesome Katie! :D

I just watched the clips on mtv from the AI special, it made me about 3 million times as exited to see it (as far as that was possible) (well, on the bootleg then. why wasn't I born on the other side of the world?!).

I just watched the clips on mtv from the AI special, it made me about 3 million times as exited to see it (as far as that was possible) (well, on the bootleg then. why wasn't I born on the other side of the world?!).

This. I want to see it so badly xD

THIS! I loove these clips, seeing it live must be absolutely incredible...

:)

soo do you absolutely need a student id for the student lottery? cuz i dont have a recent one. but i am a student. and theres no time for me to go get one now.

Yep, you do. If you take a copy of your schedule and a photo ID you should be ok. You need something official with your name and a current year/date pre-printed on it. Ex: schedule, bill for tuition, etc.

Hey does any kind soul mind uploading the MTV special to youtube for the folks that are not in the US (and thus cannot access the videos on MTV.com, nor see the show at all D:).

Hey does any kind soul mind uploading the MTV special to youtube for the folks that are not in the US (and thus cannot access the videos on MTV.com, nor see the show at all D:).

In the thread about the MTV special are the mtv.com clips already uploaded.

OK folks, so what does one wear when one goes to see Green Day on Broadway? I was thinking of a nice pair of slacks with a dressy sweater, topped off with a pair of black Chucks. Appropriate, yes or no?

OK folks, so what does one wear when one goes to see Green Day on Broadway? I was thinking of a nice pair of slacks with a dressy sweater, topped off with a pair of black Chucks. Appropriate, yes or no?

Perfectly fine. :sherlock:

As long as one is clothed, one can wear whatever one wants. For opening night, I'll be dressing up -- for April 22nd, I'll be in jeans and vans and some sorta shirt. Of course, YOU'LL be on video, while I'LL be one of the faceless masses in the mezzanine. But I will be able to see who in the orchestra has a straight part in their hair and who needs to do their roots. And I'll be namin' names.

As long as one is clothed, one can wear whatever one wants. For opening night, I'll be dressing up -- for April 22nd, I'll be in jeans and vans and some sorta shirt. Of course, YOU'LL be on video, while I'LL be one of the faceless masses in the mezzanine. But I will be able to see who in the orchestra has a straight part in their hair and who needs to do their roots. And I'll be namin' names.

....or whose little girl is making whose hair fall out....and no, she's not even a teenager yet. :lol:

Yep, you do. If you take a copy of your schedule and a photo ID you should be ok. You need something official with your name and a current year/date pre-printed on it. Ex: schedule, bill for tuition, etc.

ok coool thanks. ill print that stuff out just incase.

this may sound silly, but I think you guys over there in America should organize an American Idiot flash mob somewhere.

it would be great publicity for the musical, and lots of fun too.

So I have a question for the more Theater inclined in here about the opening night going ons:

You know how for opening night, Playbill sometimes makes have special edition programs? Do you think they'll do that for this show? If so would ANYONE be willing to grab a few extras for me? Pretty please? :D

So I have a question for the more Theater inclined in here about the opening night going ons:

You know how for opening night, Playbill sometimes makes have special edition programs? Do you think they'll do that for this show? If so would ANYONE be willing to grab a few extras for me? Pretty please? :D

If I can grab some, I will. However, the ushers might be handling those suckers more so than other nights. Heh...

If I can grab some, I will. However, the ushers might be handling those suckers more so than other nights. Heh...

Thank you! Even just one would mean the world to me!

No problem. :) If I am able to, would you like me to get the cast to sign it?

Also, this video of John always cracks me up. Heh...

No problem. :) If I am able to, would you like me to get the cast to sign it?

I think the cast will be a little busy afterwards with the party and all, and I don't want to delay them from that because they really deserve to go celebrate. If someone gets one, find Tanya and give it to her, and then she can give it to me when I go out later. Or, Tanya you could grab one for me :D

I think the cast will be a little busy afterwards with the party and all, and I don't want to delay them from that because they really deserve to go celebrate. If someone gets one, find Tanya and give it to her, and then she can give it to me when I go out later. Or, Tanya you could grab one for me :D

I'll try and remember. Text me that day or before the show if you remember to remind me.

this may sound silly, but I think you guys over there in America should organize an American Idiot flash mob somewhere.

it would be great publicity for the musical, and lots of fun too.

I was thinking about that, lol.

Like, you know that American Idiot dance when they shake their heads like they're brainwashed or something? It would be awesome if a lot of people did the same dance as a flash mob somewhere xD I'd love to participate n.n

Here is yet another article about the show:

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/91330919_Green_Day_on_Great_White_Way_.html

The most interesting part to me was this, I'd never heard Mayer talk about trying dialog:

"With 'American Idiot,' " said Mayer, "the songs are totally the narrative. It's sung-through. We played around with using dialogue, but the minute someone spoke, the musical ride stopped. Talking destroyed the texture."

hope that it does well with the audience so it gets extended.

If it can beat out FELA! for Best Musical at the Tonys, it certainly will run for a good amount of time.

If it can beat out FELA! for Best Musical at the Tonys, it certainly will run for a good amount of time.

I think that plaid ducky wrote that Fela got disqualified from Best Musical because of a clerical error. Let me double check on this.