American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

OK, it's not such a bad neighborhood. It's mixed Spanish Harlem and Harlem, but seriously, just across Morningside Park is Columbia. I will say one thing, don't go into Morningside Park at night. Never go in there at night! Haha... but it's cool during the day. Where you are is in a valley and the park is really high, partly on bedrock that you have to walk up to get to Columbia. What dates are you here for?

Here are some reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d566182-Reviews-Wanderers_Inn_West-New_York_City_New_York.html

April 30-May 6

April 30-May 6

OK. Why don't you try and find another hostel to see if you can find one near where you really want to be, if you are uncomfortable with the neighborhood. The Tripadvisor reviews are pretty good, but if you get to the hostel and you are really uncomfortable, you can stay on my couch if it becomes too much. But I'm in Brooklyn and far from the subway, so you'd be better in a hostel nearer the subway than with me, but again, if you are completely uncomfortable there, you can come to my house and I can creep you out instead. lol.

OK. Why don't you try and find another hostel to see if you can find one near where you really want to be, if you are uncomfortable with the neighborhood. The Tripadvisor reviews are pretty good, but if you get to the hostel and you are really uncomfortable, you can stay on my couch if it becomes too much. But I'm in Brooklyn and far from the subway, so you'd be better in a hostel nearer the subway than with me, but again, if you are completely uncomfortable there, you can come to my house and I can creep you out instead. lol.

Justin, if you're allergic to cats, beware that lady in the previous post ... she's trying to lure you into a den of dander!!!

Justin, if you're allergic to cats, beware that lady in the previous post ... she's trying to lure you into a den of dander!!!

eek! it's true! though my cat may be more allergic to Justin than vice versa! she's got asthma, lol.

but i'm a last resort, so at least you have somewhere to run!

Actually, thats how I do most of my Green Day trips.

L.A. Fonda show: Made a friend on Idiot Club, and stayed at his house.

Berkeley: Met Vince and stayed at his house a few times.

For some reason also, I really prefer couches, they're cheaper! When we traveled when I was a child, my parents could only afford 1 bed rooms, so I always got a sleeping bag on the floor of the room. Couches are one step up ;)

Out of curiosity, how far away from the subway is "far"? Remember, I don't have a car, so I'm used to walking a mile or two each day just to catch the Salt Lake City buses.

eek! it's true! though my cat may be more allergic to Justin than vice versa! she's got asthma, lol.

but i'm a last resort, so at least you have somewhere to run!

I love cats! I had two before I had to move back with my parents. Their names were Jimmy (guess where that came from?) and Sadie (yeah, you can guess that one too)

20858_219012861327_605726327_3146097_3746371_n.jpg

(Little one is Jimmy, Big one with eyes open is Sadie)

I miss them :(

Uhhh after listening to the AI musical album today I am extremely jealous of everyone who has been/is going to this. :(

have fun!

I'm going to. But why would I walk? Are you suggesting the Harlem streets are safer than the subway in those parts?

oh whoops, i should have made myself more clear, i meant using the subway. Though i believe you can take the 1,2,3 downtown. i dont know how close they are to the hostel though.

edit: tanya beat me to the subway thing! oops

hey guys - is there any way to put photos up on here without hot-linking from another site? I have a couple of "old school" (okay, okay, they're from 2006) Tony photos that I wanted to share.

hey guys - is there any way to put photos up on here without hot-linking from another site? I have a couple of "old school" (okay, okay, they're from 2006) Tony photos that I wanted to share.

Just put them on a Flickr or Photobucket or similar account and then put the link here. We don't store the images on our servers, because we are not billionaires :).

soo my mom hella scared me tonight saying my flight may be delayed for a while because of the volcano cloud thingy and how its backing all the flights up.

but i dont leave until sunday morning, soo i should be good right? :unsure:

I don't think US flights within the US are affected. However, if planes don't get where they are suppose to be because of this, yes, then there might be delays. Hopefully it will all be cleared up in the next couple of days.

Guest Shangri-La

I simply can't tell you how excited I am for our first date, Zoe. What do you want me to wear ... I want to please you :eyebrow:.

I don't know who else is going on the 22nd, but I am and the Bastard_of_1967 is. What more do you need (just tell me and I'll do everything in my power to provide it!).

Hahaha. You're cute enough as it is Jnet!

So there will be 4 of us for the 22nd meet up??! Unless you guys were thinking about getting something to eat we could just go to a bar or something, but I think I'm going to play this one by ear. especially if I'm going to the other 2 meet ups. I can't neglect my friends I'm staying with EVERY night!

Who is Bastard_of_1967? Were they going to sit with us also that night?

That be me. :) The tickets I'm getting are through the MTV sweepstakes from a couple weeks ago, somehow I won a pair.....so I'll be sitting wherever they put me. Judging by their estimate of the prize package's market value, it's going to be a pair of seats somewhere in the orchestra area but that's about all I can guess at this point. I'm definitely going to make time for a meet-up with the rest of y'all either before or after the show, whatever works best for everyone.

So there will be 4 of us for the 22nd meet up??! Unless you guys were thinking about getting something to eat we could just go to a bar or something, but I think I'm going to play this one by ear. especially if I'm going to the other 2 meet ups. I can't neglect my friends I'm staying with EVERY night!

Makes 5 if you count my sister (lives in Battery Park with her fiance and she's coming to the show with me). Bring your friends along, we'll have a party! :D

It appears in relation to that Rolling Stone ad, they will also be doing some kind of sweepstake/contest on their website

I was just going to see if someone posted this! :D Meh, I hate buying Billboard since it's so expensive, but I may buy this!