American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Congrats to the two people who won the contest!! That's awesome!!

But I have to geek-out for a second: Tony V. wrote "happy birthday" on my wall this morning :) He might do this for everyone who's birthday pops up on his Fbook, but I'm going to geek out because that makes me really happy. I knew he was always my favorite... ;)

Very nice! A very happy birthday to you!

I wish they'd hurry and announce the runner ups

A subtle thing that I really liked them doing in the Broadway version that they only did a little bit in the Berkeley... Johnny's postcards/letters to Will. With all the media and electronic age around him, the fact that he's snail mailing his friend is rather touching. :)

Just something that I thought was great. The show has so many layers that one really has to see it more than once to notice everything.

thanks, guys! there will be no seeing AI tonight (since I just saw it on Saturday) because I'm having a small gathering of my friends at my friends' bar. Hopefully he'll let me hijack the stereo and I'll blast some Green Day! If any of you are in the hood, it'll be at 7pm at Destination on 13th and A.

Another good AI auction posted on Twitter:

AmericanIdiotNY want to own a guitar autographed by Green Day and #aibway's original cast? well, get bidding on ebay! http://tinyurl.com/yyvtnfb

Edit: not really charity, goes to fund the Berkeley Rep.... But still.

Edited by MassHysteria

An interview with Austin Regan, the assistant director, will be published in the NYT on Tuesday

Hey guys, do you know when that photoshoot they did for Rolling Stone magazine will be published? a new issue with BEP on the cover just came out but I don't think it's in there, I thought it would be since it's been a while...

Hey! I won 2 tickets for the April 22nd show through the MTV sweepstakes. Fellow Green Day fans have been very helpful to me in the past so I'm wondering if anyone who wouldn't otherwise be able to attend the show would like one of the tickets. I think they're the good seats! Let me know asap so I can fill out the paperwork w/ your info.

Hey! I won 2 tickets for the April 22nd show through the MTV sweepstakes. Fellow Green Day fans have been very helpful to me in the past so I'm wondering if anyone who wouldn't otherwise be able to attend the show would like one of the tickets. I think they're the good seats! Let me know asap so I can fill out the paperwork w/ your info.

hey angela! i'll go. i'm not sure if you know me by my username, but i'm mary, from the sound check

Congrats! That's great! Do you mind sharing the details of what you have to do? Is for the 8PM performance? Do you get to hang out with the band or anything? Haha, the curious want to know! I'll be there that night anyway, see you then!

Congrats! That's great! Do you mind sharing the details of what you have to do? Is for the 8PM performance? Do you get to hang out with the band or anything? Haha, the curious want to know! I'll be there that night anyway, see you then!

I don't know much, other than April 22nd. There are forms to fill out because it says you may be on film, but no mention of the band being there etc. I'll see you there!

I don't know much, other than April 22nd. There are forms to fill out because it says you may be on film, but no mention of the band being there etc. I'll see you there!

Cool. I'll be in the mezzanine with J'net. Very cool that you won! I didn't win. I'm too old for MTV. They probably took one look at my DOB and laughed.

Great you won that contest. :D

And, 'may be on film'? Am I being too optimistic here or might that be a sign of a recording of the musical? =D

From the sound of Delaware Online's article, John seems to have only signed a 6 months contract. He might stay longer, though. I know that Stark said that his was a year. It's just a great cast that it's difficult to think about them without some, especially John. (I'm good now on Stark replacing Matt... Stark grew on me. :P)

I wonder if this will come to England, If so I would totally travel to where ever it would be just to see it!

I've just seen the 21 Guns with the cast and I was blown away by it.

I don't want to read this thread because it's a book but I just actually made the correlation between the fact that the play is at Saint James theater.

That's fucking awesome. It's at St. Jimmy's theater. Was this a complete coincidence? I mean you don't just get to pick your broadway theater because the name fits your story.

Awesome.

Hahahaha - yeah it is awesome!

I don't want to read this thread because it's a book but I just actually made the correlation between the fact that the play is at Saint James theater.

That's fucking awesome. It's at St. Jimmy's theater. Was this a complete coincidence? I mean you don't just get to pick your broadway theater because the name fits your story.

Awesome.

yes, we've been talking about this show for a while now, that's for sure!

and who knows if it was a coincindence? they had bandied about a number of theater names here in NYC for months before they go into the St. James, but I think it's the theater that they actually wanted from the beginning.

I'm greatly annoyed at Johnny for posting this picture without saying anything else about it. :ermm::thumbsup:

87068453-a2fb3bc9435e91f849e5df52b2.jpg

BTW, if anyone is looking to go to the Tonys...

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/tonynight/tickets/index.html

Tickets to the Tonys

Radio City Music Hall

Tickets to the American Theatre Wing’s 64th Annual Tony Awards® ceremony at Radio City Music Hall will be available for purchase here at TonyAwards.com on Tuesday, May 4, beginning at 9:00 a.m.

Don’t forget to watch the Tony Awards Nominations Announcement on Tuesday, May 4, at 8:30 a.m. here at TonyAwards.com. Then at 9:00 a.m., look forn the link to purchase your tickets for the big night!

Tickets will be priced at $429.50 and $229.50.

Tickets for people with disabilities are available through the Radio City Music Hall Disabled Services Department at (212) 465-6115

The American Theatre Wing’s 64th Annual Tony Awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, June 13, 2010 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. All patrons must be seated by 7:00 p.m. No latecomers will be admitted. The Tony Awards ceremony is a Black-Tie Only event.

I'm greatly annoyed at Johnny for posting this picture without saying anything else about it. :ermm::thumbsup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/sorano/87068453-a2fb3bc9435e91f849e5df52b2.jpg

Wow, that's... wow... hmm.

Wow, that's... wow... hmm.

Heh... I know, right?! The time right now is when the late night shows usually tape but Green Day/John isn't listed anywhere on the schedule. So, I'm stumped... :mellow: