American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Well at least you might go.. I don't even live in America, and I highly doubt I'm allowed to fly to that theater just to see a musical :lol:

Maybe it will some day! :woot: Maybe it will come to Europe sometime!

Not anytime soon though. :/ I'll keep my fingers crossed though! :wub:

Edited by Sabina Pinkávová

I read that John Gallagher, Brian Charles Johnson and Gerard Canonico from Spring Awakening are supposed to be in it. They're all really great singers. Check out the links:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800210...d=2524&cs=1

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gallagher_Jr.

Thanks for that. I figured they would all be stage performers, NOT some Hollywood types. The mentioning of Evan Rachel Wood had me a little skeevy. Not that there is anything wrong with her. I just don't want it to be Hollywoodish.

I read that John Gallagher, Brian Charles Johnson and Gerard Canonico from Spring Awakening are supposed to be in it. They're all really great singers. Check out the links:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800210...d=2524&cs=1

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gallagher_Jr.

that would be very likely cuz the band decided to start working on the musical of the album after they saw spring awakening and decided that the director was perfect for directing american idiot...his name is escaping me right now but its on the tip of my tounge but they really enjoyed the show so i could see them using the same actors if they think their fit for the parts

hey everyone. my dear friend has landed one of the principal roles in this production. he will have to remain nameless until an official announcement is made but i tell ya, you won't be disappointed -he is freakin' AMAZING and you're gonna absolutely LOVE him i'm sure!! :D

M-I

Oh, you're referring to that one. Well I think it's obvious he means a couple songs are sung by women. He doesn't say act.. Or that all the songs are sung by women.

So I'm sure they're male actors as well.

Well, it´s a musical so acting and singing overlaps.

Yeah, I´m sure they have both males and females. Everyone forget what I said in my first post in this thread! :wink:

I wish I could see this. I may go to San Francisco in October... so maybe :woot:

Your ava scares me a little, Amy :mellow:

But whohooo for you to go to SF :thumbsup: I hope that´s all gonna work out for you!

hope they do a rap version of St. Jimmy

:lol:

hey everyone. my dear friend has landed one of the principal roles in this production. he will have to remain nameless until an official announcement is made but i tell ya, you won't be disappointed -he is freakin' AMAZING and you're gonna absolutely LOVE him i'm sure!! :D

M-I

Hey, welcome to the forum! You've certainly started off with an intriguing first post :). I'm SO looking forward to seeing this show and will eagerly await the name of your friend. Can you tell us if he's someone we will have likely heard of before?

They seem to be all female. That´s all I know.

Hey, if William Shakespeare's plays had all male performers, why not?

Hey, welcome to the forum! You've certainly started off with an intriguing first post :). I'm SO looking forward to seeing this show and will eagerly await the name of your friend. Can you tell us if he's someone we will have likely heard of before?

i think i'd better keep my mouth shut on this not to spoil anything. he starts rehearsals really soon and he is planning an announcement to his fans around that time. i'll drop the link here and some photos and info when he does, so you can all look him up! he is an amazing singer, performer, and person, and i continually feel blessed to know him. he's sweet, gentle, kind, and i tell ya, REALLY HOT stuff! - the girls (and guys who are that way inclined) are gonna love him esp when he funks up the hair and gets his guy liner on! he is SO excited to have this opportunity, and i'm feeling mighty proud of him too. he's my rock star.

best to you all!

M-I

i think i'd better keep my mouth shut on this not to spoil anything. he starts rehearsals really soon and he is planning an announcement to his fans around that time. i'll drop the link here and some photos and info when he does, so you can all look him up! he is an amazing singer, performer, and person, and i continually feel blessed to know him. he's sweet, gentle, kind, and i tell ya, REALLY HOT stuff! - the girls (and guys who are that way inclined) are gonna love him esp when he funks up the hair and gets his guy liner on! he is SO excited to have this opportunity, and i'm feeling mighty proud of him too. he's my rock star.

best to you all!

M-I

That's just great! Are you going to attend on September 4? A lot of us will be there, and it would be fun to meet you.

That's just great! Are you going to attend on September 4? A lot of us will be there, and it would be fun to meet you.

i wish i could, i'd love to meet you all and support him on that nite especially, but i live in the UK :-/.

i wish i could, i'd love to meet you all and support him on that nite especially, but i live in the UK :-/.

Awwww, that's too bad. Are you a Green Day fan? Will you be going to any of the shows in October Rocktober?

Awwww, that's too bad. Are you a Green Day fan? Will you be going to any of the shows in October Rocktober?

sure, i love green day! i didn't have a plan to see them on this tour though - i WAS seeing michael jackson, but that ain't gonna happen now is it!? so you never know -i may catch a green day gig afterall....

btw - i should be able to give you the name of my principal buddy tomorrow - newsletter is being penned as i type this :)

M-I

Congratulations to your friend! Eagerly awaiting the performance, I'm sure it (as well as your friend) will be great.

sure, i love green day! i didn't have a plan to see them on this tour though - i WAS seeing michael jackson, but that ain't gonna happen now is it!? so you never know -i may catch a green day gig afterall....

btw - i should be able to give you the name of my principal buddy tomorrow - newsletter is being penned as i type this :)

Well, if you decide to go to a show, you couldn't do better than to meet up with the gang from here. Lots of really nice people - I've always had the best experiences with GDC meet ups.

I'll be eagerly checking out this thread tomorrow :woot:.

I will be going in september...not sure of the exact date but its the second week of September

...looking forward to it...I could not get the time off for the premiere but tis ok....I will go later...its part of my journey

and yes meeting with GDC is wonderful

Some one on IC said they're doing an sorta meet and greet with the cast on Sept. 17th. They said:

On Sept 17th there is a talkback taking place with the cast and some creatives.

That would be cool to get to go to, but going on the 4th and getting to meet everyone will be awesome as well! We should all go to Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe before hand :)

Some one on IC said they're doing an sorta meet and greet with the cast on Sept. 17th. They said:

On Sept 17th there is a talkback taking place with the cast and some creatives.

That would be cool to get to go to, but going on the 4th and getting to meet everyone will be awesome as well! We should all go to Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe before hand :)

We simply can't fail to go to Rudy's!!!

We simply can't fail to go to Rudy's!!!

And find Christie Rd and the Gilman. We could do a whole field trip, lol

ok everyone.......may i introduce to you my dear friend, and soon to be 'St Jimmy' in the Green Day rock theatrical, TONY VINCENT!

Glass_21_BW400.gif

If you're into the theatre world then you may already have heard of him. Tony has worked with the band Queen and Andrew Lloyd Webber in theatre (We Will Rock You, JCS and RENT on Broadway / West End) and music projects across the world. His roots are founded in CCM, where he relaeased two albums and one EP, but most recently he is promoting a mainstream "rock influenced pop" EP entitled "A Better Way" which is available from CDbaby.com and iTunes. He is married to Aspen (who is also in the same bizz - having been duet partner to Meatloaf on his last world tour and she met tony when she was his co-star in 'We Will Rock You Las Vegas). They just recently moved to Las Vegas from NYC. I'm Ingrid - promo bitch to this star, and I run an official fan site for him (www.tonyvincentworld.com) which is in the throws of an update and re-vamp period, so many links may not be working correctly, but here's some pics to get you going:

http://www.tonyvincentworld.com/apps/photo...?albumid=722926

tony runs his own artist acct on facebook / myspace, so do check him out there for all the latest as he prepares for this show:

http://www.facebook.com/tonyvincentmusic

http://www.myspace.com/tonyvincent

he also has an official website with a mailing list if you'd like to subscribe:

http://www.tonyvincent.com

here's an extract from his latest newsletter today where he makes the GD announcement to his fans. (The whole newsletter will be up on his website in a couple of days.)

"While Aspen and I were packing up our apartment in NYC, I got a phone call to come in and be seen for the new Green Day opera— based on their record "American Idiot". At that point I was completely unaware that Green Day had teamed up with Tony Award winning director Michael Mayer to develop a stage production of their Grammy Award winning rock record. For those who don't know the "American Idiot" record, Green Day took inspiration from concept records by The Who, as well as musicals including “West Side Story" and “Jesus Christ Superstar". It was a bold move by the band to do something in that genre, but boy did it pay off— selling over 14 million records worldwide. Anyway, the creative team had done two workshops of the "opera" over the past year— and decided to put it on its feet this fall at The Berkeley Playhouse beginning September 4th. From what I understand, the entire show had been cast for quite some time— apart from this one character called "St. Jimmy"— an alter ego of the principle male "Jesus of Suburbia". The storyline nods to the likes of the film “Fight Club”, where a man (played by Edward Norton) has a psychological melt-down against the consumer-based machine of America. Mr. Norton has an alter ego (played by Brad Pitt), who encourages him to create this underground "boys club", in which the members take an oath and sign-up to be part of an army, whose goal is to take down the credit card companies and erase the debt that is owed by basically every single individual on the planet. I'm not sure if the Green Day opera's theme is as carbon copied as the film's, but the main role relationships (Edward's, his alter ego and their girlfriend, played by Helen Bonham Carter, are very similar in nature from what I'm told.

So, long story short, I had 3 auditions in New York and 1 in Los Angeles... and I received a call that Billy Joe Armstrong (lead singer and lyricist of Green Day) and Michael Mayer had tagged me as the man for the role of St. Jimmy. I'm thrilled to get an opportunity to work with the band and Michael on this project— and to experience this process from its beginning stages. Green Day has been publicly talking about this project for quite some time, and there is great anticipation for the show— due to the current high-profile status of the band and the history of success stories associated with director Michael Mayer (“Spring Awakening”, “Thoroughly Modern Millie” and “Side Man”).

The show begins previews on Friday, September 4th at The Berkeley Playhouse. It's set to close October 11th, with a possible 4-week extension. If you wanna see this show, I'm thinkin' ya best get your tickets ASAP. If this production explodes like Duncan Sheik's “Spring Awakening” did, this is going to be the hottest show to see on any American stage this year. (Tickets will be available from the Berkeley Playhouse web site at www.berkeleyplayhouse.org closer to the dates of the performances.)"

So, that's it - he's your guy! thank you for checkin' him out! he'll do GD proud and you're gonna love him. i know it :)

ing x

Edited by miss_ing

ok everyone.......may i introduce to you my dear friend and soon to be 'St Jimmy' in the Green Day rock theatrical, TONY VINCENT!

So, that's it - he's your guy! thank you for checkin him out! he'll do GD proud and you're gonna love him. i know it :)

ing x

Awesome!!! He looks great, and I'm so excited to see him in the show (I have tickets for Sept. 4). But, please give him a very gentle nudge and let him know the correct spelling of Billie's name :). It will save him a lot of grief from Green Day fans! Thanks for sharing this info with us!

Now I wanna see this even more :cry: Just because I think he would make a good St. Jimmy!

I agree - he has that kind of edgy look that I associate with Jimmy's craziness.