American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

ahhhhhh im so stupid!!! i forgot about east coast time. so i was thinking i still had another 3 hours to edit my video. nope! only 55 mins! foook

I was reading this big argument at Broadwayworld about whether it could be nominated for Best Score (or maybe Best Original Score) because it wasn't original. I'd hate to be in THAT committee meeting!

For the 47th Tonys, The Who's Tommy was nominated for both best musical (was robbed by Kiss of the Spiderwoman), Best Book of a Musical (again bit by the Spiderwoman) and Original Score written for the Stage (won -- tied with Spiderwoman). So based on precedent, it should be nominated in all three categories since the music from the album has to be adapted to work on the stage. Plus both Tommy and AI include new songs.

However, you never know with these theater types.

haha my video is soo bad. the editing is shit cuz i was freaking out over the time. not that good editing would help it any. got it in on time tho :)

heres my video :D I'm so proud of it!

I spent almost a week brainstorming on ideas, and I finally came up with the idea for a movie trailer, check it out! I worked insanely hard on it!

From BroadwayWorld.com (Ken Fallin Illustrates: AMERICAN IDIOT's Green Day):

"BroadwayWorld.com is pleased to introduce illustrator Ken Fallin, who will be bringing to you original illustrations of everyone's favorite theatrical stars each week. This week's feature: Tre Cool, Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt of AMERICAN IDIOT's Green Day."

http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload3/119623/greenday.jpg

Had to share. :)

haha :lol:

yesterday i figured out how much i want to see the AI :(

Edited by J'net

The Album Release Date is no longer a mystery thanks to Amazon.com

It drops 4/20 for $21.98 (thats for the CD, I'm sure the download will be much cheaper)

http://www.amazon.com/American-Idiot-OCR-Green-Day/dp/B003FS0SO2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1270899192&sr=8-8

Thanks for posting. It adds up to almost $25 for me though, because of the shipping and all... oh well.

And that fb thing is pretty awesome :D

I spent almost a week brainstorming on ideas, and I finally came up with the idea for a movie trailer, check it out! I worked insanely hard on it!

That's awesome, Katie :happy:

Love your video, Katie! Outstanding entry :).

For the 47th Tonys, The Who's Tommy was nominated for both best musical (was robbed by Kiss of the Spiderwoman), Best Book of a Musical (again bit by the Spiderwoman) and Original Score written for the Stage (won -- tied with Spiderwoman). So based on precedent, it should be nominated in all three categories since the music from the album has to be adapted to work on the stage. Plus both Tommy and AI include new songs.

However, you never know with these theater types.

I didn't see either show on B'way, but I used to so listen to the Kiss of the Spiderwoman soundtrack! lol.

Love your video, Katie! Outstanding entry :).

I concur! I had about five or six favorites, but yours is among the top of them! Good luck to you!

I didn't see either show on B'way, but I used to so listen to the Kiss of the Spiderwoman soundtrack! lol.

I concur! I had about five or six favorites, but yours is among the top of them! Good luck to you!

Yes, I do love Katie's entry too! Very well done and edited

What where your top 6 Tanya?

What where your top 6 Tanya?

Well, since I know a few of the people on the forum who submitted entries, I think I'll wait until after the competition to say. I am writing about the show and what's been happening with it for the past month now, and I mention the Youtube videos. I hope to have it posted today.

BTW, I'd like to amend what I said about the caricature. I forgot that it's a lot harder to get on the walls of Sardi's, so I kinda doubt that the band will get placed there. But heck. Who knows? Ha, but this list of past caricatures at Sardis says that everyone has the same thing in common: they have eaten at Sardis. haha. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_caricatures_at_Sardi%27s_restaurant

Awesome. Anyone know when this is going to be released? :huh:

The Album Release Date is no longer a mystery thanks to Amazon.com

It drops 4/20 for $21.98 (thats for the CD, I'm sure the download will be much cheaper)

http://www.amazon.com/American-Idiot-OCR-Green-Day/dp/B003FS0SO2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1270899192&sr=8-8

:)

:blink:

poor her if she doesn't get chosen, and poor people who have to choose who, because there are some awesome videos out there, but this is something you'd feel bad about if you didn't pick her.

Word has it that Anna Wintour (Editor of Vogue) was at the show last night :lol: I wonder what she thought of it?!!

my friends video is on my youtube account. . i had to enter it for her since it was on my computer. i hope thats okay :unsure: