American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I've seen them hangout before the show, but I think they have an hour call time. So if the show starts at 2, that means that they have to be at the theater at 1:00.

But, they are pretty mellow after the show and that is probably the best time to get autographs.

It was really mellow last night. The theater was no where full. Seats in the balcony and the mezzanine where pretty empty.

Thanks! Where would I go for this? (sorry to be a pain)

I wonder if the band will be there on that day? Hmm.

For those going on the 19th have we figured out a time place to meet yet?

JUSTIN!! THAT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!

Good luck, see you in NY! :)

it's under their profile pics: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3582920&id=21275344520

Here is their FB: http://www.facebook.com/GreenDay

I've seen them hangout before the show, but I think they have an hour call time. So if the show starts at 2, that means that they have to be at the theater at 1:00.

But, they are pretty mellow after the show and that is probably the best time to get autographs.

It was really mellow last night. The theater was no where full. Seats in the balcony and the mezzanine where pretty empty.

Tony Eligibility List came out today:

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/news/articles/2010-04-08/201004081270759260582.html?promo=Facebook

These are the shows that will be considered eligible for Tony Nominations because they will open within the season:

The 2009-2010 Season on Broadway

For reference, here is a list of shows that opened or are expected to open on Broadway in the 2009-2010 season:

The Addams Family

After Miss Julie

All About Me

American Idiot

A Behanding in Spokane

Brighton Beach Memoirs

Burn the Floor

Bye Bye Birdie

Collected Stories

Come Fly Away

Enron

Everyday Rapture

Fela!

Fences

Finian's Rainbow

Hamlet

In the Next Room, or the Vibrator Play

Irving Berlin's White Christmas

La Cage aux Folles Lend Me a Tenor

A Little Night Music

Looped

Memphis

Million Dollar Quartet

The Miracle Worker

Next Fall

Oleanna

Present Laughter

Promises, Promises

Race

Ragtime

Red

The Royal Family

Sondheim on Sondheim

A Steady Rain

Superior Donuts

Time Stands Still

A View from the Bridge

Wishful Drinking

I would not want to be a play producer this year. That's some tough effing competition.

Let's see, in the NEW musical category there's American Idiot, Fela, Million Dollar Quarter (I believe?), The Addams Family, Memphis, Finian's Rainbow (I'm not sure if it'd be considered a revival or not), and if Come Fly Away is considered a musical... well, I'll punch something. Recorded music (or ONE person singing) does not a musical make.

And Justin, your video was totally awesome! I hope you win!

I would not want to be a play producer this year. That's some tough effing competition.

Let's see, in the NEW musical category there's American Idiot, Fela, Million Dollar Quarter (I believe?), The Addams Family, Memphis, Finian's Rainbow (I'm not sure if it'd be considered a revival or not), and if Come Fly Away is considered a musical... well, I'll punch something. Recorded music (or ONE person singing) does not a musical make.

And Justin, your video was totally awesome! I hope you win!

It's true. The musical season is one of the best in years. I do have a feeling that Fela! is going to win it though. It's gotten consistently great reviews and Bill T. Jones is a legend on B'way. I'd be surprised if it doesn't win Best Musical, if it gets nominated in that category. I think Finian's would be considered Best Revival for a Musical, though. But I never really know how the Tony nominations work with new and revived shows.

And when will the Tony's for this season be awarded? Do you know?

Thanks.

June 13.

And Green Day has a three-day touring break in their schedule around that time...

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/index.html

For those going on the 19th have we figured out a time place to meet yet?

No, we were talking about that on FB but there are not plans yet. Are you on Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=101801969862290&ref=ts

Justin, in your video, is that the American Idiot t-shirt that I bought for you when I was in Berkeley? Haha, I just realized that.

Yep I'm on facebook.

Here

Cool! I just friended you. Join that FB group. We still don't know where the heck we are meeting.

Cool I just accepted you. I'm part of that group already but I didn't see the discussion before. Guess I should check the page more often. lol

Edit:

Also just a suggestion. Why not meet at the theater? That way everyone will know where to go and everything.

Edit 2:

And then we could discuss where we could go to eat.

Cool I just accepted you. I'm part of that group already but I didn't see the discussion before. Guess I should check the page more often. lol

Edit:

Also just a suggestion. Why not meet at the theater? That way everyone will know where to go and everything.

Edit 2:

And then we could discuss where we could go to eat.

Ah, you know, maybe it's the group that Beth made that is private that I mean. Let me give that as soon as I find it.

People were thinking about drinking and eating beforehand, that's why we were trying to figure out where to go.

OK, sorry, that group I was talking about is for people who are going on 4/20. You are going on 4/19, yes?

Oh ok. Yeah I would like to eat before also. I'm thinking of getting there around lunchtime anyway. That way I have more time to hang with you guys. But I'll be stopping by the theater first to take some pics. Also do you have to dress up or could I wear my Green Day shirt?

Justin, in your video, is that the American Idiot t-shirt that I bought for you when I was in Berkeley? Haha, I just realized that.

Yes, that is the very shirt that you bought for me! Most other videos feature people in Green Day t-shirts, I've only seen one other that featured an American Idiot tee.

Here is a playlist I've complied of ALL the entries I've found, including ones that are ineligable because they didn't read the rules and went over the 30 second maximum:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=320ACF70F9E4BEBB

Oh ok. Yeah I would like to eat before also. I'm thinking of getting there around lunchtime anyway. That way I have more time to hang with you guys. But I'll be stopping by the theater first to take some pics. Also do you have to dress up or could I wear my Green Day shirt?

Haha, I was just talking on FB how I thought it was funny that people wore GD shirts to the show. I saw a few people last night with GD shirts on. I think you could certainly wear it!

If it was opening night, I'd say dress up, but on the last preview, I think you'll be fine. A lot of people don't dress up anymore for B'way. It's cool!

Cool. And yes I'm actually seeing it on the 19th. I may go back on the 20th just to see if I could meet the band if I don't meet them on the 19th.

Cool. And yes I'm actually seeing it on the 19th. I may go back on the 20th just to see if I could meet the band if I don't meet them on the 19th.

They probably will be there on the 19th, I'm guessing. I wouldn't get within 100 ft. of the St. James on opening night if I didn't have a ticket. I have a feeling it's going to be a zoo. I spoke with one of the theater security last night and asked if they were going to close the street for opening. He said they were going to put up barriers but that they doubt they would close the street. But I think that MTV and the news outlets will be there and a red carpet (I think), and it's going to be crazy, if the first preview week is any indication. It was insane!

I didn't even think of that. They may not let anybody over there that doesn't have a ticket. Well I think Late Night is filmed in NYC and that's airing wednesday so there's a good chance the band will be there the day before opening night.

I just read on the Broadwayworld board that you can pre-order the cast album at the theater. I don't know if this is true or not, I just read it on one of the threads there. Someone asked about the cast album and when it was being released.

My entry video in all of its glory: (IF ANY ONE STEALS IDEAS.... OHHH THE RAGE)

Justin, this is simply outstanding! I have a great idea, but I just got home today. If I can swing it, I'll get someone to video me tomorrow and send it in, but it won't be polished and perfect like yours ... I don't have the tools!

I have a feeling we have a winner :).

Do you need a guest to take to the cast party :eyebrow:?

can any one give me a link to the back cover of the album that was posted weeks ago