American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Hmm, I don't think that's new, or they copied it off another website and made slight changes or something, but it looks very familiar to me (only the text, not the (lay-out of) the website). Thanks for posting though :)

I can't wait to listen to the cast album. It's April, so I hope they'll announce the release date soon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one planning on hanging out outside the venue on opening night!

Well, let's do a little GDC reunion :P

Cool that they added back Good Riddance! They did not play that at the preview I went to in Berkeley, of course, so I'm looking forward to seeing that performed in NY.

Also, has anyone checked out the various YouTube videos that are up for the contest entry for "superfan?" :lol:

I'm sure it's only a few of them, but I searched American Idiot Entry and there were five or six that came up. There is one good one and some awful ones!

Cool that they added back Good Riddance! They did not play that at the preview I went to in Berkeley, of course, so I'm looking forward to seeing that performed in NY.

Also, has anyone checked out the various YouTube videos that are up for the contest entry for "superfan?" :lol:

I'm sure it's only a few of them, but I searched American Idiot Entry and there were five or six that came up. There is one good one and some awful ones!

I've made a YouTube playlist of all the ones I've found. About 25 so far. I'll be posting mine tomorrow or Friday, I'll be sure to link here as well

Word is that Tony is out tonight and Josh Kobak is going on as St. Jimmy.

ah, hmm. i see the show tonight, i'll let y'all know what happens.

I'm pretty sure Josh Kobak doesn't have the same kind of voice as Tony... I want to see it... but I don't know if I'd pay to see it...

I'm pretty sure Josh Kobak doesn't have the same kind of voice as Tony... I want to see it... but I don't know if I'd pay to see it...

Tonight was supposed to be my first night of seeing the show, but I just happened to have seen it twice at the St. James already. So I'm ok with it. It would be interesting to see someone else in the role.

That's upsetting. I hope Tony isn't really sick or hurt. I really hope I get to see Tony when I go!

That's upsetting. I hope Tony isn't really sick or hurt. I really hope I get to see Tony when I go!

I'm hoping the same thing.

I hope none of them get sick!

Based on some of the FB statuses & Twitter updates, some of them are already sick/getting sick. Michael mentioned that he was sick last week. Theo and Leslie are currently sick. According to someone from last night, Rebecca, apparently, has laryngitis. :(

Based on some of the FB statuses & Twitter updates, some of them are already sick/getting sick. Michael mentioned that he was sick last week. Theo and Leslie are currently sick. According to someone from last night, Rebecca, apparently, has laryngitis. :(

Oi vey.

It happens. It's such an energetic show and they have been going non-stop for a few months now. I think Sunday was one of their first days off. It should get better now since they are going to have regular days off soon. But with opening week coming up... oy. I am sure the kids are going to get run down. They will be ok. Send good thoughts to them! :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one planning on hanging out outside the venue on opening night!

nope. I'll most likely be there too. We should all meet up on the 20th too whoever doesn't have a ticket. and just hang out over there.

According to Gerard's Twitter, he's doing "Too Much Too Soon" tonight. So, either Theo's out or Theo's just not doing that song tonight. Can't wait to read your review, Tanya.

From AI Twitter:

83907009-e7d16929f92ee47dde52638501.jpg

ETA: I'll be honest, while Tony is amazing as St. Jimmy, it doesn't ruin the show if one of his understudies goes on. I saw it with Andrew Call in the role and while he's not physically haunting as Tony, he was still good. Joshua Kobak should be fine.

I may be wrong, but during previews, don't they usually let the understudies try their hand at the parts?

I may be wrong, but during previews, don't they usually let the understudies try their hand at the parts?

I'm going to guess 'no.' Just basically because during previews, they're still changing things in the show so they want the main actor to perform so that they can gauge the audiences' reactions to the changes. Plus the understudies have their own rehearsals where they'll do the roles so it's not like they're going cold-turkey if they're called on.

Ok. I was jsut being hopeful that all the mains weren't sick. Just on a break of sorts.