American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

So, at 7pm tonight, my friend texted me and told me he had an extra ticket for the show tonight. I asked him how much, he said 'free,' I said, 'see you in 20.' Row C of the orchestra on the right side. It was awesome.

Michael Esper had his high notes back, I noticed that they've started using multi-colored strobe lights during the military choreography in 'Give Me Novocaine,' the choreography in 'Extraordinary Girl' gets tighter and tighter each time I see it, and the choreography by the nurses during the reprise of 'Before the Lobotomy' still seems disjointed. I wondered again where is the other half of Stark's leg after he 'loses' it in the show.

Tobey McGuire was there, standing on the side walk before the show and being mobbed by NO ONE, and when I walked into the theatre, Mike was at the merch booth buying a t-shirt and Tre was at the bar getting a drink. No one was being mobbed, it made me smile.

The audience began to stand before the curtain even came back up! Oh, and no trace of Good Riddance at the end yet either!

I love it, but I think three times in six days is a bit much. I'm putting myself on at least a two week break!

thats awesome [that no one was mobbing them!]

& thats awesome you got to go see it for free =]

I don't know if Tobey had an umbrella! It wasn't really raining at that point. Do you mean did he have one to hide himself? If that's the question, than no! He was in plain sight and honestly, in person, he's not that recognizable. My friend had to say to me several times, "looks, that's tobey mcguire!' before I actually found him in the crowd.

it seems like the boys are showing up to every show..

do you guys think they will be there for all the preview?

has there been a release date for the cast record yet. i think some one said 8th of april. is that true or is it different or hasnt it been announced

it seems like the boys are showing up to every show..

do you guys think they will be there for all the preview?

Yes, I think they will probably be there for almost every preview. I have no authority saying this, but it's just an educated guess.

has there been a release date for the cast record yet. i think some one said 8th of april. is that true or is it different or hasnt it been announced

I don't think it has been announced yet. I only heard it's going to be released in April.

I'm really glad that it's calmed down enough that at least Mike and Tre can hang out at the bar. I'm sure they are really happy about that. Not sure if Billie would ever be able to do that, though, in NYC. Though we usually are much better at ignoring stars here than other places. lol.

I'm really glad that it's calmed down enough that at least Mike and Tre can hang out at the bar. I'm sure they are really happy about that. Not sure if Billie would ever be able to do that, though, in NYC. Though we usually are much better at ignoring stars here than other places. lol.

me too. of course, i'd still really like to get pictures with them, but i'd really rather not do it in that type of a setting.

I have one question... what does the symbol that ' St. Jimmy' and 'Johnny' draw on their chests during 'Homecoming' represent? Thanks :)

Sorry, thought it was a review, it's just an article, but still:

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/89346612_Green_Day_s__American_Idiot__ready_to_stage_its_message.html

Here's another article with a clip:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1634702/20100325/green_day.jhtml

Both of these were posted on the AI FB page.

Edited by t ann

Sorry, thought it was a review, it's just an article, but still:

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/89346612_Green_Day_s__American_Idiot__ready_to_stage_its_message.html

Here's another article with a clip:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1634702/20100325/green_day.jhtml

Both of these were posted on the AI FB page.

Thanks! :happy:

I relaly liked this part from the MTV article:

"And for our fans, they're just crazy people anyway. I always look at people in a Green Day shirt, and I think, 'What's wrong with that person? What kind of hang-ups does that person have?' Obviously, it's not just the catchy songs, it goes deeper than that. And I think that's the heart of 'American Idiot,' it goes deeper than just politics, there's a story line behind it. There's an emotion behind it."
(although the whole thing was really nice)

I have one question... what does the symbol that ' St. Jimmy' and 'Johnny' draw on their chests during 'Homecoming' represent? Thanks :)

This is complete speculation on my part: I think Johnny (and St Jimmy, since he the personification of Johnny's addiction) is admitting to himself that Whatshername was right.

Whatshername's "symbol" is that pink heart. I think the upside-down cross suggests that he's forsaking his Jesus of Suburbia moniker -- and to do this, he has to kill St. Jimmy (ie, overcome the addiction). However, I think it's important to note that when Jimmy "shoots" himself, he uses an obviously fake gun, suggesting that Johnny may be able to control the addiction but it will always be a part of him.

Hello friends. I saw the show Saturday night 3/27 with the lovely J'net and Dawn (sallysimpson) and Dawn you captured so many brilliant point with your note.

This was the first and probably only time I will see the show and I just want to mention to all of you here that if you are sitting on the fence whether or not to go see it, YOU MUST GET A TICKET AND GO SEE IT NOW. i cannot implore you enough to buy yourself a ticket whether it be via the student lottery, the last row in the balcony or the $$$ orchestra seats.

YOU WILL BE ASTOUNDED as to what Michael Mayer, Tom Kitt, our Green Day boys, these actors, and the many many talented people behind the scenes created in AMERICAN IDIOT BROADWAY. Hearing the album live front to back with the enhancement of this linear story and these mind-blowingly talented actors will leave you with a greater love for the AMERICAN IDIOT album. It is a brilliant interpretation of the music. How Michael Mayer and Billie Joe fleshed out this story left me in shock. (I briefly met Michael Mayer and Tom Kitt after the performance and they were such gracious human beings to share a moment of their time with a stupid fan-woman like myself.)

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go see it. DO NOT HESITATE. GET OFF THE FENCE AND GO BUY A TICKET.

Maybe you will love it, maybe you will hate it....but as a GREEN DAY fan you will, without a doubt, appreciate it.

I couldn't agree more, Abbey! And it was so great to experience the show with you. It was my 7th time to see it, but I still choked up at some parts and still sat there looking (I'm sure) like a kid at Disneyland ... lost in the magic :).

This is complete speculation on my part: I think Johnny (and St Jimmy, since he the personification of Johnny's addiction) is admitting to himself that Whatshername was right.

Whatshername's "symbol" is that pink heart. I think the upside-down cross suggests that he's forsaking his Jesus of Suburbia moniker -- and to do this, he has to kill St. Jimmy (ie, overcome the addiction). However, I think it's important to note that when Jimmy "shoots" himself, he uses an obviously fake gun, suggesting that Johnny may be able to control the addiction but it will always be a part of him.

That was extremely insightful and makes almost-perfect sense!

this may have changed from Berkeley, but I'm fairly sure that

that symbol seems to be the insigna/logo of The Underbelly. If you go again, you'll see the same symbols on Gerard's and Theo's trench-coats

I saw the show saturday and I still can't get over how amazing it was.

I'm so upset that I'll probably never see it again.

anyone know if tony vincent (st jimmy) has a real facebook page

i added him today....he added me back and commented on my page thanks so much for the friend-up! great to have you on board- cheers! tv

and i just want to make sure that's really him

anyone know if tony vincent (st jimmy) has a real facebook page

i added him today....he added me back and commented on my page thanks so much for the friend-up! great to have you on board- cheers! tv

and i just want to make sure that's really him

That is him, but that message is a script sent to everyone that adds him. I used to talk to him on FB before the Berkeley show opened

That is him, but that message is a script sent to everyone that adds him. I used to talk to him on FB before the Berkeley show opened

does johnny have one?

i think i found everyone but him and the blonde girl (can't remember her name and don't have time to look it up)

Well, it's not always a script. He will sometimes actually send a message instead of a wall post. I never got a wall post but he did message me. Heh...

does johnny have one?

i think i found everyone but him and the blonde girl (can't remember her name and don't have time to look it up)

John and Mary do have FB, but they don't add fans, just people they know. However you can follow John on Twitter.

John and Mary do have FB, but they don't add fans, just people they know. However you can follow John on Twitter.

mary that's it

does johnny have one?

John's account is private. Mary's & Libby's (there both blonde so I don't know who you're talking about) are also private.

The ones who will add fans are:

Michael Esper (Will)

Rebecca Jones (Whatshername)

Tony Vincent (St. Jimmy)

Christina Sajous (Extraordinary Girl)

Brian Charles Johnson

Theo Stockman

Ben Thompson

Alysha Umphress

Chase Peacock

Everyone else either doesn't have a FB account or they're private, personal ones.