American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Well just the might made me excited! :woot: Now I have more hope I will chance to see this musical in the future. And that I can watch it over and over again <3

that makes me very happy :) ..I wont get to see the play ... a documentary will be enough :)

My best friend (who is new to GD, thanks to ME!! Mwahahahahaha!) are heading out to NYC in April for the last preview on the 19th. Then we plan on lurking outside the theater on the 20th to catch a glimpse of the boys! (She doesn't know were doing that part...)

Can someone explain to me the lottery thing again?

you get there a few hours before the play begins ( i believe its 2, but im not exactly sure). you basically put your name on a piece of paper and 30 minutes before the show they'll start choosing names at random.

I think they're also doing a lottery losers ticketing thing where if you lose the lottery you can get tickets with partial view.

hope that helps! :)

And yup, they're (Green Day) there tonight!

Ugh. that sucks. Why wouldn't they have gone to the matinee?

Oh and here's something that my friend said last night that I found really interesting and kind of true:

He said he didn't really care when Johnny, Tonnie, and Will reunited at the end because they have almost no stage time together and he didn't really feel like they had much of a relationship. I feel like it's really implied that they're friends for ten years+, but maybe that's just because this is my fourth time seeing it... or 'Homecoming' just resonates regardless of their lack of stage time together. I thought it was an interesting point though.

you get there a few hours before the play begins ( i believe its 2, but im not exactly sure). you basically put your name on a piece of paper and 30 minutes before the show they'll start choosing names at random.

I think they're also doing a lottery losers ticketing thing where if you lose the lottery you can get tickets with partial view.

hope that helps! :)

It does. But I have a few more questions. Do you have to go to a certain window or something for it? Will they be letting people know about the lottery?

It does. But I have a few more questions. Do you have to go to a certain window or something for it? Will they be letting people know about the lottery?

Yeah, the interns come out at about 6pm with the papers and pencils and the bucket that they draw from. Don't worry, I don't think you'll be able to miss it!

Oh and here's something that my friend said last night that I found really interesting and kind of true:

He said he didn't really care when Johnny, Tonnie, and Will reunited at the end because they have almost no stage time together and he didn't really feel like they had much of a relationship. I feel like it's really implied that they're friends for ten years+, but maybe that's just because this is my fourth time seeing it... or 'Homecoming' just resonates regardless of their lack of stage time together. I thought it was an interesting point though.

they dont get to be with each other much because they all go there separate ways because its what they think they have to do. Will stays back because his girlfriend is pregnant, Tunny joins the army cause he thinks his life is useless and Johnny is left all alone. So if Will was in Jingletown, Tunny was in war and Johnny was in New York (or some thing else i cant remember where) than how could they all be with each other until they all meet up back home.

umm im not exactly sure

if you go to the main ticket office window, im sure they can help you

they dont get to be with each other much because they all go there separate ways because its what they think they have to do. Will stays back because his girlfriend is pregnant, Tunny joins the army cause he thinks his life is useless and Johnny is left all alone. So if Will was in Jingletown, Tunny was in war and Johnny was in New York (or some thing else i cant remember where) than how could they all be with each other until they all meet up back home.

No, I totally understand that, but I think he was just meaning that he wanted it to be obvious that they had a stronger relationship from the start, so that he had some reason to care when they all got back together.

Either there is a legit possibility of this happening, or the interns are cruelly getting people's hopes up:

"@thismyshow there are no tickets onsale for opening night at this point- we will update you if this changes!"

No, I totally understand that, but I think he was just meaning that he wanted it to be obvious that they had a stronger relationship from the start, so that he had some reason to care when they all got back together.

yea i get that but its not like your friend could expect the first 5 songs be them all together because in those 5 songs, Im not sure what happens in america idiot, in JOS they decide to leave and will finds out his gf is pregnant, in Holiday they leave the city, in BOBD Johnny sees Whatsername and Tunny doesnt know what to do with his life and in Favorite Son its him seeing a commercial for the army so theres no real way they could have showed there friendship stronger with out adding in more songs

Yeah, the interns come out at about 6pm with the papers and pencils and the bucket that they draw from. Don't worry, I don't think you'll be able to miss it!

umm im not exactly sure

if you go to the main ticket office window, im sure they can help you

Thank you! :)

I know there's no chance in me seeing the guys because they'll be in Europe while I'm over there :lol: Oh well maybe some other time. I do want to talk to the cast members afterwards though. I'm really excited for it. It was funny cause at first I didn't think the Musical was a good idea and then I started to change my mind and my dad then told me he got tickets for it so I'm super stoked for it :D Anyone have any good conversation starters for the cast members?

That is an interesting point, and I think more than a few people have commented on the lack of development of the story line. The musical itself is relatively short for a Broadway musical since there is really very little dialogue, so I guess it doesn't give as much time to the development of characters and relationships as some would like. I would have liked it to be longer, too.

My best friend (who is new to GD, thanks to ME!! Mwahahahahaha!) are heading out to NYC in April for the last preview on the 19th. Then we plan on lurking outside the theater on the 20th to catch a glimpse of the boys! (She doesn't know were doing that part...)

From what I have read here, I think you will have a lot of company! :lol:

Actually, from the Berkeley production to the Broadway, they have changed it to make the friendship more "there" (for lack of a better word) with the inclusion of Johnny actually introducing Will and Tunny and having them have dialogue, creating a rappot, that originally was only Johnny's before JOS. In fact, by giving Will & Tunny some lines of Johnny's original monologues showed more connection between the three than what was there in Berkeley. IMHO.

i wished tunny had a bit more a part in it cause he was barely in it. he only got like 2 or 3 songs that was just him and the rest he was on the side but Will was in just about every thing sitting there doing what ever

i wished tunny had a bit more a part in it cause he was barely in it. he only got like 2 or 3 songs that was just him and the rest he was on the side but Will was in just about every thing sitting there doing what ever

I totally agree. It would have been really interesting, especially since most of the time will was just drinking and smoking.

Either there is a legit possibility of this happening, or the interns are cruelly getting people's hopes up:

"@thismyshow there are no tickets onsale for opening night at this point- we will update you if this changes!"

opening night is media and friends and family only. there are no tickets for that night as far as I have heard.

we will be there too. lets stalk together.♥ two (or thirty) stalkers are better than one.

I DO want to see it again, but I think I need to cut myself off because if I don't show some restraint, I will have seen it about 2 dozen times before it opens and.... that's unnecessary!! Maybe I'll allow myself to go play on my birthday! (April 14th) I think that should be allowed... Anyone going to be there that night?

And I'm glad it's a good book! I had cut myself off from buying any new books until the small stack of books I have in my apartment were read, but none of them are exciting me right now and this is!

I'm also thinking of getting the heart grenade (does that have an official name?) tattooed very small on the inside of my ankle... but I'm extremely indecisive so I don't know if that'll actually pan out...

you should go on the 19th with the other 30 of us. :banana::bunny:

great show

bad seats so i did not see green day

i wonder how they snuck out

but really it is a good show

too short though

I know that some people would say it's too short but I rather be wanting more than it drag because of the length (TWSS). And right now, because it is under 100 minutes, they can do it without an intermission which I feel it's better for it to be non-stop and full of energy because a break in the action just ruins the pace that they built up and they would just have to re-start the build-up.

I noticed in the program that Van Hughs is the stand-by for Johnny, Will, and Tunny, which is a good thing because I was hoping that they'll get a standby. I don't know if he'll ever go on but it's always interesting to see different people in a character. Both Chase & Ben got good reviews when they went on in Berkeley. Kind-of sad that Theo never went on for Will but now having Declan be his understudy, I believe will be a great contrast, especially if Dec keeps his British accent. Heh... I have a fondness for understudies and swings so I do hope that they do go on (hopefully due to vacation and not injury/sickness).

"aspenvincent: Just got home from a listening party for our cast album for American Idiot! There simply aren't words... The blessings just continue"

"aspenvincent: Just got home from a listening party for our cast album for American Idiot! There simply aren't words... The blessings just continue"

she posted that tonight?