American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

And for those who can't make it to New York, there has been a documentary being filmed since Berkeley (maybe even before then) that might be released in DVD format in the future.

:woot: even 'might be' is good. Thanks for posting! =D

I know they put Good Riddance on as a bonus track for the cast album, I didn't realise they would actually put it in the show too.

^^Whatsername is a great song to end the album with, id imagine it's the same with the musical. I dont see the point in adding Good Riddance to it.

I know they put Good Riddance on as a bonus track for the cast album, I didn't realise they would actually put it in the show too.

^Whatsername is a great song to end the album with, id imagine it's great to end with it too on the musical.

They put it in as an encore, which works, just seems a bit overkill. But then again, I didn't see it when they did it in Berkeley. Hopefully will see it on 4/7 or 4/22 when I go back to the show.

They put it in as an encore, which works, just seems a bit overkill. But then again, I didn't see it when they did it in Berkeley. Hopefully will see it on 4/7 or 4/22 when I go back to the show.

Maybe its something they wont do every night, just on a few special nights. I'd love to be able to go see it but its just too far away, cant wait for the cast album though :happy:

Hey michelle, i think this is you in the video!

Ha! That's my friend, Diane's cigarette in Billie's mouth. Apparently he really needed one after the party and she was about to light it, but he asked for it and she gave it to him.

They are really going to add Good Riddance again? Hmm, didn't like that idea in the first place, still don't like it. Sigh. I actually really like it ending with Whatsername.

It's not like it's really the ending of the show. The show ends with Whatsername, and then they all take bows etc. Then they do the encore. I thought it was WONDERFUL! I'm glad they're adding it back. It's just something different that's separate from the show, and when the audience is still wanting more, it's like a nice dessert to finish off with.

It's not like it's really the ending of the show. The show ends with Whatsername, and then they all take bows etc. Then they do the encore. I thought it was WONDERFUL! I'm glad they're adding it back. It's just something different that's separate from the show, and when the audience is still wanting more, it's like a nice dessert to finish off with.

Yes, thanks. I added that it was an encore. I understand. Just seems overkill to me, but I'll wait and see what happens when I see it.

Yes, thanks. I added that it was an encore. I understand. Just seems overkill to me, but I'll wait and see what happens when I see it.

I know you know what an encore is. I was just responding to your statement that you liked having the show end with Whatsername rather than Good Riddance. In my opinion, there's enough separation that Good Riddance doesn't interfere with the Whatsername ending.

I loved it, and I hope I'll be lucky enough to see it again at one of the shows I attend. But of course, you'll have your own feelings about it. I just wanted to express mine.

I know you know what an encore is. I was just responding to your statement that you liked having the show end with Whatsername rather than Good Riddance. In my opinion, there's enough separation that Good Riddance doesn't interfere with the Whatsername ending.

I loved it, and I hope I'll be lucky enough to see it again at one of the shows I attend. But of course, you'll have your own feelings about it. I just wanted to express mine.

I'm just not a big fan of encores in musicals. And your post made it seem like I wasn't talking about it as an encore, but that it was at the end of the show, which I can understand from my first post. I understand about you expressing your opinions of the show, I have no problem with that. I'm just not all happiness and light about everything. :)

You know, I think I'll just keep my opinions to myself from now on. It's probably better that way. :)

Edited by t ann

I'm just not a big fan of encores in musicals. And your post made it seem like I wasn't talking about it as an encore, but that it was at the end of the show, which I can understand from my first post. I understand about you expressing your opinions of the show, I have no problem with that.

You know, I think I'll just keep my opinions to myself from now on. It's probably better that way. :)

Nah, I prefer it when people express their opinions. It makes for better discussion. It's just not always as effective trying to decipher meanings in quick posts with no tone of voice to help. I even thought about italicizing some of my words in my first response to make sure the emphasis was in the right place - but decided not to take the time. But it would be terribly boring if there was nothing in here but gushing approval. Don't stop speaking up!!!

No, they weren't.

good GO TONIGHT GUYS

HOPEFULLY THEY WILL

LEAVING NOW TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER

THIS SHOW SHOULD BE GREAT

And for those who can't make it to New York, there has been a documentary being filmed since Berkeley (maybe even before then) that might be released in DVD format in the future.

Well just the might made me excited! :woot: Now I have more hope I will chance to see this musical in the future. And that I can watch it over and over again <3

omfg I REALLY HOPE THIS HAPPENS! can I ask who you heard that from?

good GO TONIGHT GUYS

HOPEFULLY THEY WILL

LEAVING NOW TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER

THIS SHOW SHOULD BE GREAT

ENJOY THE SHOW!

omfg I REALLY HOPE THIS HAPPENS! can I ask who you heard that from?

The cast member's mom. She's also the same person who told me about "Good Riddance" because her daughter has to learn the guitar work for it.

The matinee was amazing. I got to talk to Michael Esper and joked around with him for a bit. I also got to hang out and talk a bit with the other cast. It was just an amazing show. Hopefully soon I'll have a recap up. :) Right now I'm in such a daze that everything is a blur and i can barely type. Amazing show to see for a first time going to broadway.

Hope everyone enjoys the show this weekend! i'm not sure when I'll see it again, but I'm quite confused by the talk of the 'Good Riddance' finale. Neither Wednesday nor Friday night did they have it...

I bought another copy of American Idiot (the album) to replace the copy that mysteriously disappeared the day of the first preview (I seriously have no idea where it went) - my mother said my neighbors probably stole it because I wouldn't stop playing it loudly in the morning. I also picked up a copy of the book 'Nobody Likes You' - has anyone read it? I'm [kind of] a bad fan in that I know their names, their music, and where they're from, and really nothing else.

Someone please explain the Good Riddance thing!! Thanks!

BTW, here are some links to some other pictures I've taken over the past 2-3 days:

http://tinyurl.com/yc5p259

http://tinyurl.com/yeodste

Hope everyone enjoys the show this weekend! i'm not sure when I'll see it again, but I'm quite confused by the talk of the 'Good Riddance' finale. Neither Wednesday nor Friday night did they have it...

I bought another copy of American Idiot (the album) to replace the copy that mysteriously disappeared the day of the first preview (I seriously have no idea where it went) - my mother said my neighbors probably stole it because I wouldn't stop playing it loudly in the morning. I also picked up a copy of the book 'Nobody Likes You' - has anyone read it? I'm [kind of] a bad fan in that I know their names, their music, and where they're from, and really nothing else.

BTW, here are some links to some other pictures I've taken over the past 2-3 days:

It's a GREAT read! I learned a lot from it.

Basically the Good riddance thing is since most shows have a curtain call which is when all the actors come onstage and take their bows about 30 seconds after the show ends. Towards the end of the Berkeley run, the cast sang Good Riddance as the curtain call song (some musicals have a curtain call song). They took it away for the previews but are apparently talking about bringing it back. It will be on the cast recording album as well.

^I was a bit disappointed that they didn't do Good Riddance on Wednesday night. I hope they add it back by the time I see it again.

Nice recap, and I'm so glad your friend liked the show! When I went on Wed, there was a lady sitting to the right of me who was not a Green Day fan, but a theater fan. She was excited about the show before she saw it, and I was curious how she liked it afterward, so I asked her what she thought. She loved it, so that made me happy. :)

Your pictures are great, too! I am definitely gonna try the lottery one of these days - not sure if I can wait til April 19th to see it again, especially with the guys there.

I DO want to see it again, but I think I need to cut myself off because if I don't show some restraint, I will have seen it about 2 dozen times before it opens and.... that's unnecessary!! Maybe I'll allow myself to go play on my birthday! (April 14th) I think that should be allowed... Anyone going to be there that night?

And I'm glad it's a good book! I had cut myself off from buying any new books until the small stack of books I have in my apartment were read, but none of them are exciting me right now and this is!

I'm also thinking of getting the heart grenade (does that have an official name?) tattooed very small on the inside of my ankle... but I'm extremely indecisive so I don't know if that'll actually pan out...

Nobody Likes You is such a good read, it had a lot of new stuff I had never heard about before, and I'm obsessive! I really enjoyed it!