American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

What's the difference between a preview showing of American Idiot and a regular showing?

What's the difference between a preview showing of American Idiot and a regular showing?

Look up 2 posts.

one post above you. one. post. Next time I suggest at least try to read a couple posts before asking a question :)

Oh thank you, I never knew there was any difference besides the name :lol: So it's sort of like a dress rehershal with an audience?

You could think of it that way, but in practice it's a lot more like a real performance than any rehearsal I've ever seen (including dress rehearsals). And I believe the price of the tickets is the same. However, the press and industry VIPs are invited to the official opening, which is 4/20. They're not really expected to come and review a show that's not really open yet, so maybe this is a way of giving the cast and crew lots of opportunities to get "the real thing" perfected before they get their official reviews.

^It seems like a good idea. Thanks for explaining :) I seriously want to go to this show so badly! I'm so jealous of all you lucky people that get to see it! :P

^It seems like a good idea. Thanks for explaining :) I seriously want to go to this show so badly! I'm so jealous of all you lucky people that get to see it! :P

For all we know, it could still be playing five years from now or even longer. It's conceivable that anyone who wants to see it will have a chance to someday. Don't give up!!!

For all we know, it could still be playing five years from now or even longer. It's conceivable that anyone who wants to see it will have a chance to someday. Don't give up!!!

Yeah, someday I'll get rich enough to go. I've always wanted to go to Broadway and see New York anyway, so this just makes me more dterminded to do both of those things. :happy:

any word if billie mike and tre are there tonight?

yes, they are there. My friend is there too and she saw them sitting down.

yes, they are there. My friend is there too and she saw them sitting down.

WOOHOO 1 MORE NIGHT GUYS

1 MORE NIGHT

about an hour and a half (90 minutes)

Thank you. :)

By the way, I'm going Sunday June 6th at 7pm for anyone whose going then. :D I don't know when I'm going to be in the city by: My dad and I are still trying to figure that out. I don't know where I'm sitting either because my dad got 4 tickets: My brother, me, him, and my step-mom, and they're in different places.

Hi Fallyn!

i saw the cast signing your hat! :P

Michael Esper seemed to love that hat the most. Michelle got some great pictures of him with it. He was grinning like a fool. And Christina seemed to love it too. I asked if I could get a picture with her, and she was like "Only if you let me wear that awesome hat!"

XD

I'd appreciate if any of you guys uploaded the vids featuring band interviews and stuff /conference and stuff on rapidshare or sendspace.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone is going to the 2pm show today. I'll be there. :)

Just thought I'd ask if anyone is going to the 2pm show today. I'll be there. :)

I'm going to try the lottery. Hopefully, they'll have lotto loser seats...

I saw it yesterday for the first time since I saw it in Berkeley. I would put the changes to at least 35% from the final Saturday show that I saw. I thought that the changes were good with one exception.

I had drinks with one of the cast members' mothers before the show and she told me of the changes and whatnot. She saw it 15 times in Berkeley and so far 3 times here so she knows the changes. :D She gave me such wonderful insight to the cast, the crew, and Green Day. I just love them all even more and want the show to be extremely successful, with the critics and the public.

I just love them all even more and want the show to be extremely successful, with the critics and the public.

Ditto!!!

so i was extremely lucky last night and my friend was the first name called last night at the lottery (and i was the last, go figure!) so I got to see the show from the front row after having seen it from the balcony. It was no less amazing than on Wednesday night, and Green Day was there again. The front row is REALLY close - my cheek was wet from spit at one point. The army dance sequence in Give Me Novacaine (my favorite) is much better from down below, in my opinion.

But oh no, Michael Esper needs to be going home and sleeping and drinking tea after the performances if he's not already. During "Nobody Likes You" the lyrics went kind of like this, "I fell asleep ____ watching Spike __ after ten cups of coffee and you're still not here." The words 'While' and 'TV' were just not audible, he couldn't hit the notes. When the notes were in his lower register again, he was fine, but he seriously needs to start being more careful with his voice. I think that's going to be the hardest part of keeping this show together - making sure the cast doesn't kill their vocal chords.

Oh, and from the front row, I noticed for the first time that 'Tonnie' loses his leg in war. I'd never noticed that before! And I also got to see upclose a lot of the subtle nuances that Tony [Vincent] adds to his moments in the shadows.

http://tinyurl.com/yz2ctbz

so i was extremely lucky last night and my friend was the first name called last night at the lottery (and i was the last, go figure!) so I got to see the show from the front row after having seen it from the balcony. It was no less amazing than on Wednesday night, and Green Day was there again. The front row is REALLY close - my cheek was wet from spit at one point. The army dance sequence in Give Me Novacaine (my favorite) is much better from down below, in my opinion.

But oh no, Michael Esper needs to be going home and sleeping and drinking tea after the performances if he's not already. During "Nobody Likes You" the lyrics went kind of like this, "I fell asleep ____ watching Spike __ after ten cups of coffee and you're still not here." The words 'While' and 'TV' were just not audible, he couldn't hit the notes. When the notes were in his lower register again, he was fine, but he seriously needs to start being more careful with his voice. I think that's going to be the hardest part of keeping this show together - making sure the cast doesn't kill their vocal chords.

Oh, and from the front row, I noticed for the first time that 'Tonnie' loses his leg in war. I'd never noticed that before! And I also got to see upclose a lot of the subtle nuances that Tony [Vincent] adds to his moments in the shadows.

Great recap, I really enjoyed reading it! These recaps are making my week, the show sounds amazing and I can't wait to see it!

Great recap, thanks for posting! :D

Thanks for sharing! Congrats on getting the student lotteryt tickets. That's a great deal. :)

Rush wasn't bad for the matinee and if you didn't win, they had partial view orchestra for $37, which is only $5 more than the back balacony seats.

BTW, "Good Riddance" will be added back as an encore but it's not known when yet. :D

And for those who can't make it to New York, there has been a documentary being filmed since Berkeley (maybe even before then) that might be released in DVD format in the future.

They are really going to add Good Riddance again? Hmm, didn't like that idea in the first place, still don't like it. Sigh. I actually really like it ending with Whatsername.