American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I LOVE that video. Thanks for posting.

(For some reason I laughed a bit when Mayer said "Billie Joe", he just said it in a funny way.)

All the Green Day fans should go and see the musical, right? According to Mayer, that is. Well bring us to NY then! ;p

Yes, thanks to you for posting the video and to everyone else who posted pics and video from the soundcheck. And how exciting to read the posts coming in from opening night. Now I wish I had booked my trip for the first preview show....I'm not very familiar with Broadway production promotions and so I didn't realize how big the first preview would really be!

I was lucky enough to win the Idiot Club soundcheck party and spontaneous enough (or crazy enough :) ) to fly to NY from Seattle just for the day to attend what I realized would be a unique event. It was a whirlwind trip and I had a LOT of fun meeting and talking with new GD friends -some of whom I will hopefully see again in April :) The airport shuttle arrived at the theater at 7:50am and hung out in line throughout the morning. It was very exciting as it got closer to time to go in, with all of the media presence and being filmed screaming on cue at least 2-3 times!! Then getting the wristbands and the band arriving was great as well! Though, I was too far back to get any photos of the guys, I just saw a tip of Tre's red hair and Mike's back :) The soundcheck itself was so fun, though went way too fast (just a little too short ;)). Then things really got fun after the soundcheck ended. Initially, some people were saying the band had left the theater, but when some of us noticed barricades going up, over we went to wait and hope. Sadly, I had bad photo karma that day and some camera issues. I did manage to get a picture with one of the cast members and a shot of about 4 of them together after the soundcheck and before the band came out. But wasn't able to get any shots when the band came out themselves :( :( I could have got some good shots, as I was right on the barrier right near the door. But at least I did get a high five from Billie Joe and was able to get his attention just long enough to say 'congratulations on making it to broadway' and he looked at me and said 'thank you!' And I got a very hard high five from Mike as he passed by . Tre stayed in the middle of the group as they exited, instead of by the barrier. But he stood still a moment when he got to the end of the barrier as he waited for BJ and Mike. So I called out his name and waived when he looked my way. I said 'congratulations' to him as well and he said 'thank you!' back (before I finished my sentence I think..) and then he turned his attention back to the others. So just to have the band pass right in front of me and to have a brief GDay moment made the trip special.

The band was in a hurry as they left the theater to get next door to the restaurant where they were doing press interviews. So they passed by quickly and I wasn't able to get autographs either. But I did follow them a ways, along with the crowd and was walking right next to Mike for a few moments. I was just silently witnessing the madness....people trying to get a quick picture with him and BJ while they were walking. I then waited, and waited, and waited as long as I could outside the restaurant, hoping they would come out before I had to catch my airport shuttle. But, alas, the damn ride share van company wanted to pick me up at 2:50p for a 6p flight out of LaGuardia, so I had to go before they came out. :( There weren't so many people left either...so maybe a chance to get a picture then (as my camera was back! ) I wonder if they did sign much or stand around for a bit or just went to the vehicles after so many interviews.?. who knows. But I did get a picture with Michael Mayer right before I had to leave and was able to mention to him that I came from Seattle which got a smile :) So, all in all, a fun trip with fun memories-even without many photos. Thanks to the Connies and their group of friends standing behind me in line, Jenn and friend who were also nearby in line and sat by me in the theater and to the others I talked to (sorry, I'm terrible with names) for being such great company and being very kind

If only the year wasn't so young and we had more sick time granted during the year at work (we only get 40 hrs total in a year! not nearly enough ), I would have called in a 2nd day to attend the March 24th preview. I'm really enjoying all the stories so far. I will be going April 19th and look forward to seeing a big group of GDC friends there!!! I will keep watch on the board for meetup plans--I'm not underrage and I do hope to hang around the theater a bit to try and see the band and get closer pictures this next time. I am a bit worried that they may not attend April 19 and that the street may be blocked or there may be a big security presence April 20th that it may not be so successful, but I will think positive thoughts! I should have went the 24th grr ;)

But I'm VERY excited for my upcoming trip and look forward to more and more reviews from the first shows as they come in! Keep the great posts coming! I'm almost caught up reading them all! he he

Aww... great story... :)

However, I think that maybe your picture with "John" and "Mike" got mixed up because that's actually Chase Peacock and Michael Esper, respectively. Heh... :D

Aww... great story... :)

However, I think that maybe your picture with "John" and "Mike" got mixed up because that's actually Chase Peacock and Michael Esper, respectively. Heh... :D

Yes i did mix up the first name i need to edit that!! and I call Michael, Mike so i didnt mess that up :D haha

Thanks love! Your tattoo is friggin' awesome! It's like your tattoo artist copy and pasted Billie onto your arm!

I want "Starry nights/City of lights coming down over me" tattooed on my hip. But I would cry too much, I'm a wuss. Vicodin PLEASE!

i know!!!!! my tattoo artist is amazing :D and awww awesome idea!!! haha trust me it doesnt hurt that bad :)

I was just re-watching the clip of the soundcheck again, and I have decided after all these times of seeing the show, the "Mind-Fuck" dance move has to be one of my favorites.

^Yeah the one where they hold their hands in front on them like their holding something, and the "head bang" three times. I think that's supposed to represent the "mind-fuck"

Anyone going to try lotto tonight (Friday)? I'm having trouble justifying trying to see the show again two days after having seen it once... but what the hell. I live here. I wanna sit front row!

Yes i did mix up the first name i need to edit that!! and I call Michael, Mike so i didnt mess that up :D haha

i know!!!!! my tattoo artist is amazing :D and awww awesome idea!!! haha trust me it doesnt hurt that bad :)

I just need to get the tat where I'm a little meatier. And where my parents can't see it...

^Yeah the one where they hold their hands in front on them like their holding something, and the "head bang" three times. I think that's supposed to represent the "mind-fuck"

Ah, ok, then I know what you mean. I love that little dance, so simple (looking) but yet great :)

^ Huh, when is that dance? when they sing mindfuck I don't see anyone doing a dance move at all, or at least nothing like you described :huh:

I thought I would share my American Idiot musical experience with you all

That was awesome! Great story :happy:

^ Huh, when is that dance? when they sing mindfuck I don't see anyone doing a dance move at all, or at least nothing like you described :huh:

It starts around 1:40 :)

It starts around 1:40 :)

I see, thanks :happy:

don't see why it would be called mindfuck dance then, but oh well (:

so i just got back from the play and i must admit, i didnt like it too much :/

i dont know, i felt the story wasnt developed enough.

but the cast had AMAZING voices and the music was fantastic.

btw i saw the person wearing the mad hatter hat! i didnt know your name so i didnt say anything

That was me. My name is Fallyn.

XD

Yes, thanks to you for posting the video and to everyone else who posted pics and video from the soundcheck. And how exciting to read the posts coming in from opening night. Now I wish I had booked my trip for the first preview show....I'm not very familiar with Broadway production promotions and so I didn't realize how big the first preview would really be!

I was lucky enough to win the Idiot Club soundcheck party and spontaneous enough (or crazy enough :) ) to fly to NY from Seattle just for the day to attend what I realized would be a unique event. It was a whirlwind trip and I had a LOT of fun meeting and talking with new GD friends -some of whom I will hopefully see again in April :) The airport shuttle arrived at the theater at 7:50am and hung out in line throughout the morning. It was very exciting as it got closer to time to go in, with all of the media presence and being filmed screaming on cue at least 2-3 times!! Then getting the wristbands and the band arriving was great as well! Though, I was too far back to get any photos of the guys, I just saw a tip of Tre's red hair and Mike's back :) The soundcheck itself was so fun, though went way too fast (just a little too short ;)). Then things really got fun after the soundcheck ended. Initially, some people were saying the band had left the theater, but when some of us noticed barricades going up, over we went to wait and hope. Sadly, I had bad photo karma that day and some camera issues. I did manage to get a picture with one of the cast members and a shot of about 4 of them together after the soundcheck and before the band came out. But wasn't able to get any shots when the band came out themselves :( :( I could have got some good shots, as I was right on the barrier right near the door. But at least I did get a high five from Billie Joe and was able to get his attention just long enough to say 'congratulations on making it to broadway' and he looked at me and said 'thank you!' And I got a very hard high five from Mike as he passed by . Tre stayed in the middle of the group as they exited, instead of by the barrier. But he stood still a moment when he got to the end of the barrier as he waited for BJ and Mike. So I called out his name and waived when he looked my way. I said 'congratulations' to him as well and he said 'thank you!' back (before I finished my sentence I think..) and then he turned his attention back to the others. So just to have the band pass right in front of me and to have a brief GDay moment made the trip special.

The band was in a hurry as they left the theater to get next door to the restaurant where they were doing press interviews. So they passed by quickly and I wasn't able to get autographs either. But I did follow them a ways, along with the crowd and was walking right next to Mike for a few moments. I was just silently witnessing the madness....people trying to get a quick picture with him and BJ while they were walking. I then waited, and waited, and waited as long as I could outside the restaurant, hoping they would come out before I had to catch my airport shuttle. But, alas, the damn ride share van company wanted to pick me up at 2:50p for a 6p flight out of LaGuardia, so I had to go before they came out. :( There weren't so many people left either...so maybe a chance to get a picture then (as my camera was back! ) I wonder if they did sign much or stand around for a bit or just went to the vehicles after so many interviews.?. who knows. But I did get a picture with Michael Mayer right before I had to leave and was able to mention to him that I came from Seattle which got a smile :) So, all in all, a fun trip with fun memories-even without many photos. Thanks to the Connies and their group of friends standing behind me in line, Jenn and friend who were also nearby in line and sat by me in the theater and to the others I talked to (sorry, I'm terrible with names) for being such great company and being very kind

If only the year wasn't so young and we had more sick time granted during the year at work (we only get 40 hrs total in a year! not nearly enough ), I would have called in a 2nd day to attend the March 24th preview. I'm really enjoying all the stories so far. I will be going April 19th and look forward to seeing a big group of GDC friends there!!! I will keep watch on the board for meetup plans--I'm not underrage and I do hope to hang around the theater a bit to try and see the band and get closer pictures this next time. I am a bit worried that they may not attend April 19 and that the street may be blocked or there may be a big security presence April 20th that it may not be so successful, but I will think positive thoughts! I should have went the 24th grr ;)

But I'm VERY excited for my upcoming trip and look forward to more and more reviews from the first shows as they come in! Keep the great posts coming! I'm almost caught up reading them all! he he

You going on the 19th? I am. I plan on waiting by the theater too to meet them. It is my life dream to meet them. There is a HUGE GDC meetup that day also. But I could use some company by the theater if no one wants to come with me. I'm pretty sure the band will be there. It's the day before opening night and they will most likely be there opening night.

The bed pile-on video was adoreable. Thanks for posting all your storys I'm looking forward to it even more.

I thought I would share my American Idiot musical experience with you all:

Today has been the best day of my life. Its March 24th and I got in line for the American Idiot musical. I saw Megan,Devon,Mary,Fallyn and so many amazing others. Words can't express the emotions running through my body as I watched that musical, feelings of rage,love,sex,hope,frustration and truly being fucking pumped. Everything was beyond amazing. After the play me and my friend Devon and Fallyn waited outside the restaurant Green Day and the American Idiot Cast was at. I met all of the cast, had in depth convos. And John Gallagher loved my tattoo he took a picture with his cell phone and brought it up to the party to show Billie. Soon afterwards Billie,Mike,Tre and sooo many others would gather the window point at me then point at my forearm to show my tattoo. Billie went in the window smiled huge, waved, blew kisses at me, showed me his forearm tattoos and then pointed at mine, made a heart and waved again. I took sooo many pictures of them in the windows talking to me through hand signals about my tattoo! So many of the AI cast mooned us and flashed us, and I grabbed my boob at Tre and he rubbed his ass and blew a kiss at me ;). After that Billie came outside rushed over to me, signed my wrist, said my tattoo is the best he's ever seen, took pictures with me, talked about sperm then zoomed to his car. Afterwords I got to hang out with John Gallagher, Tony Vincent,Michael Esper,Rebecca Naomi Jones,Christina Sajous, and Stark Sands, all from the American Idiot musical main cast! Soon afterwords Extraordinary girl from the Broadway show called me over to her limo told me to show her my tattoo and show her family, she was freaking about how much she loved it. Many said I will get into Inked Magazine because of my tattoo, and a lot of the AI cast took pictures of my tattoo to show people, and Mike Dirnt was in the window waving smiling and kissing at us. It was the best fucking night of my life, my tattoo was literally a huge conversation of the night with Green Day and the AI cast, the huge part of the night was us yelling, singing and doing other things at them and them in the window knocking and pointing at there forearms and then at me and smiling laughing and mooning, and waving at all of us, and loving Fallyns hat! I can't believe I got so much attention.. Billie was the biggest fucking sweetheart...sometimes I think I must be one the luckiest Green Day fans there is and idk how I get so lucky?<3 but I have loved them for over 12 fucking years now. Thank you so much for fucking everything Green Day, my signature from Billie will be tattooed asap :) he made me so fucking happy, and he remembered me and everytime he sees me he knows who I am exactly, its a great feeling and im semi spazzing out :P but yes the best night of my life. Many pictures and videos will be up! And Billie said the words "sperm germ" at least 3 times to me :) haha

WOW!! your story is pretty cool!! you're a luckty girl!!^^

I'd like to see the musical..I'd really like it...I hope for a tour in the theatres all over the world...

I just bought a ticket for April 17th at 2pm. Anyone else going that day and time? :)

This is probably a stupid question, but what's the difference between the real show and the previews?

This is probably a stupid question, but what's the difference between the real show and the previews?

It's not a stupid question. During the previews, they are performing the whole show, but it's not officially "open" yet. Opening night is April 20. During previews, it is just possible that the director might even stop the show to give direction to the cast (to my knowledge, that only happened once during the entire preview period in Berkeley). Also, during previews, the cast meets every night after the show, and changes are still being made as to how they're doing things during the show.

However, as a person in the audience, unless the director should stop the show, there's no indication that there's any difference between a preview and a show that's already opened.

Hope that helps :).

It's not a stupid question. During the previews, they are performing the whole show, but it's not officially "open" yet. Opening night is April 20. During previews, it is just possible that the director might even stop the show to give direction to the cast (to my knowledge, that only happened once during the entire preview period in Berkeley). Also, during previews, the cast meets every night after the show, and changes are still being made as to how they're doing things during the show.

However, as a person in the audience, unless the director should stop the show, there's no indication that there's any difference between a preview and a show that's already opened.

Hope that helps :).

Oh thank you, I never knew there was any difference besides the name :lol: So it's sort of like a dress rehershal with an audience?