American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Are you going to this Saturday's show? I'll be there and would love to meet you. There'll be a lot of other GDC folks there, too, if you're interested in meeting up.

I saw the show 5 times in Berkeley, and last night was just as exciting as seeing it for the first time again. It's hard to get enough of it. Fortunate are the New Yorkers who can see it whenever they please :).

unfortunately, nah. i wish i was, but i got a film to shoot in pennsylvania. im mad jealous of the people that are going again so soon. but yes, ill agree with you that i could easily go see it when ever i feel like. yay new york

I cant wait to hear Tell Me When and all the others on the Musical Soundtrack :D

Same here! :D Can't wait to listen to the cast album.

It was a shame you didn't get to visit with the girls ....I heard they had a blast! :)

and i just wanna bum a cigarette......

is anyone else going to see it Saturday? And if so, where are you sitting?

Not sure if this was posted yet or not, but this is a vid from soundcheck. :)

http://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=114596

I LOVE that video. Thanks for posting.

(For some reason I laughed a bit when Mayer said "Billie Joe", he just said it in a funny way.)

All the Green Day fans should go and see the musical, right? According to Mayer, that is. Well bring us to NY then! ;p

Green Day has truly created a masterpiece. And with the help of Michael Mayer, they have created a whole new masterpiece.

Simply put, anyone that can see this, should. Lame way to end this tirade, but I don't think I can express it any more simply.

Jimmy

Awesome recap. I still haven't managed to find all the words to describe last night's performance, but you've done really well without spoiling anything for others. Well done! :)

Ok. I've not posted for a loooooong time. However, I went last night, sat in the mezzanine, and just soaked it all in. My nonspoiler commentary: it's only improved since its run in Berkeley. Stark Sands, who now plays Tunny, really embodies the character. He uses every moment on stage to make Tunny as fully realized as the other two -- and he now is a meaningful counterpoint to Will's stasis and Johnny's descent and return to his jiggletown roots. And I agree with J'net -- welcome back Tony Vincent. He is addiction personified and provides a level of depth to the story that takes it from "interesting" to "thought-provoking" and "riveting".

The audience was on fire. It was packed and everyone there clearly had taken great pains to be there. Note to Justin: the cast came out at the stage door and was more than happy to sign poster and such. There was a HUGE crowd last night, and I suspect it will remain that way for the foreseeable future. However, if you've got time, the night you DON'T have a ticket, amble down to the St James and stand outside the stage door starting at 9:20-9:30pm. You'll be sure to get a prime spot.

Can't find the spoiler thingy, so I'll post the rest later once I figure out how to do this.

ss

im soooo excited to see Tony Vincent this time around!! its one of the things im most looking forward too about my trip

I thought I would share my American Idiot musical experience with you all:

Today has been the best day of my life. Its March 24th and I got in line for the American Idiot musical. I saw Megan,Devon,Mary,Fallyn and so many amazing others. Words can't express the emotions running through my body as I watched that musical, feelings of rage,love,sex,hope,frustration and truly being fucking pumped. Everything was beyond amazing. After the play me and my friend Devon and Fallyn waited outside the restaurant Green Day and the American Idiot Cast was at. I met all of the cast, had in depth convos. And John Gallagher loved my tattoo he took a picture with his cell phone and brought it up to the party to show Billie. Soon afterwards Billie,Mike,Tre and sooo many others would gather the window point at me then point at my forearm to show my tattoo. Billie went in the window smiled huge, waved, blew kisses at me, showed me his forearm tattoos and then pointed at mine, made a heart and waved again. I took sooo many pictures of them in the windows talking to me through hand signals about my tattoo! So many of the AI cast mooned us and flashed us, and I grabbed my boob at Tre and he rubbed his ass and blew a kiss at me ;). After that Billie came outside rushed over to me, signed my wrist, said my tattoo is the best he's ever seen, took pictures with me, talked about sperm then zoomed to his car. Afterwords I got to hang out with John Gallagher, Tony Vincent,Michael Esper,Rebecca Naomi Jones,Christina Sajous, and Stark Sands, all from the American Idiot musical main cast! Soon afterwords Extraordinary girl from the Broadway show called me over to her limo told me to show her my tattoo and show her family, she was freaking about how much she loved it. Many said I will get into Inked Magazine because of my tattoo, and a lot of the AI cast took pictures of my tattoo to show people, and Mike Dirnt was in the window waving smiling and kissing at us. It was the best fucking night of my life, my tattoo was literally a huge conversation of the night with Green Day and the AI cast, the huge part of the night was us yelling, singing and doing other things at them and them in the window knocking and pointing at there forearms and then at me and smiling laughing and mooning, and waving at all of us, and loving Fallyns hat! I can't believe I got so much attention.. Billie was the biggest fucking sweetheart...sometimes I think I must be one the luckiest Green Day fans there is and idk how I get so lucky?<3 but I have loved them for over 12 fucking years now. Thank you so much for fucking everything Green Day, my signature from Billie will be tattooed asap :) he made me so fucking happy, and he remembered me and everytime he sees me he knows who I am exactly, its a great feeling and im semi spazzing out :P but yes the best night of my life. Many pictures and videos will be up! And Billie said the words "sperm germ" at least 3 times to me :) haha

Billie signing my arm: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_1016.jpg

Billie staring at my tattoo and was talking about sperm( i looked bad so i added spraypaint): http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_1019.jpg

American Idiot Cast signatures: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_1042.jpg

Billie Joe's signature: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_1041.jpg

Billie Joe in the window showing me his tattoo so i show him mine: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_1013.jpg

Billie waving at me because John told him i was outside and showed him my tattoo: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_1011.jpg

Me and Chase: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_0984.jpg

Me and Mike: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_0987.jpg

Hangin with Tre Cooooool! http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/RehabReject86/IMG_1022.jpg

Reject - love your photos and your story about the musical and the events afterward! :cool:

That is quite a tattoo! I can see why it is such a conversation piece.

Reject - love your photos and your story about the musical and the events afterward! :cool:

That is quite a tattoo! I can see why it is such a conversation piece.

Thank you! :) I definitely am going to call up my tattoo artist and once again thank him like crazy, cuz damn hes talented and last night was truly one of the best :D

Thank you! :) I definitely am going to call up my tattoo artist and once again thank him like crazy, cuz damn hes talented and last night was truly one of the best :D

Im so happy for you! .. and at the same time Ive never been so jealous in my whole life! :lol:

you really are one of the luckiest fans out there!!!

Im so happy for you! .. and at the same time Ive never been so jealous in my whole life! :lol:

you really are one of the luckiest fans out there!!!

awww thank you!!! :) if you havent met them yet im sure one day you will!

God, now I really wanna meet Green Day! I don't have an awesome tattoo or anything, but hopefully they'll be able to see how much I love them when I meet them, eventually!

God, now I really wanna meet Green Day! I don't have an awesome tattoo or anything, but hopefully they'll be able to see how much I love them when I meet them, eventually!

Good luck!! :)

Good luck!! :)

Thanks love! Your tattoo is friggin' awesome! It's like your tattoo artist copy and pasted Billie onto your arm!

I want "Starry nights/City of lights coming down over me" tattooed on my hip. But I would cry too much, I'm a wuss. Vicodin PLEASE!