American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Well I hope everyone had a great time who went to the show yesterday :happy:

And yeah, Green Day really is inspiring. I really hope I can see the whole musical some time! <3

According to someone who was there tonight, the OBCR will be available on April 8 and they are taking pre-orders. It's possible that it may be available digitally before that.

According to someone who was there tonight, the OBCR will be available on April 8 and they are taking pre-orders. It's possible that it may be available digitally before that.

when you say OBCR are you talking about the cast album or some thing else

when you say OBCR are you talking about the cast album or some thing else

Yes. Sorry. OBCR= Original Broadway Cast Recording.

I hope everyone had a good time last night (:

And yeah, Green Day really is inspiring. I really hope I can see the whole musical some time! <3

We can still hijack that plane y'know.....

Ooh nice, that's quite soon already :happy: thanks for posting.

so who said it

Yes, Justin is my name indeed. No, I was not there tonight, I'm still in Utah.

Doing your mormon stuff

OBCR? But it wasn't recorded at Broadway, it was actually done in a studio etc like we saw in the 21 Guns video, or are they realeasing 2 different types of albums?

Doing your mormon stuff

OBCR? But it wasn't recorded at Broadway, it was actually done in a studio etc like we saw in the 21 Guns video, or are they realeasing 2 different types of albums?

I think OBCR means more like the Recording of the Original Broadway Cast [than a recording on Broadway by the cast].)

Sorry, that was a bit of a fail explanation.

they are releasing an album that was recorded in the studio. its saying that it was recorded with the original broadway cast

they are releasing an album that was recorded in the studio. its saying that it was recorded with the original broadway cast

Ahhh ok! thanks for the explanation :D

I thought it meant it would be audio directly from the sound board of the St. James Theater.

Ahhh ok! thanks for the explanation :D

I thought it meant it would be audio directly from the sound board of the St. James Theater.

nah but i wish they did, or a dvd that would be better than we could have audio and video :)

Anybody got any idea when the cast recording will become available? that will be something worth hearing

Mike said in April

Lol its ok. If I remember correctly, Tanya didn't like it the first time she saw it either, it took a second time for her to enjoy it (correct me if I'm wrong Tanya)

You are correct.

The first time I saw it I had major issues with the choreography and frankly, John Gallagher. The second night I saw it, I let go of my inner critic and the music just swept me away, particularly the female voices. I actually told John Gallagher that I thought he needed to bring more angst to the character when I met him at Rockwood in January, and when I saw it last night, he was perfect. He slowed down his little monologues, and by "Whatersname" I actually felt that he had been through hell and back. The scene where he, Tunny, and Will meet back up was really powerful. You could feel how pissed he was at Tunny, and when Will calmed him down, I almost cried when they hugged. When I saw him after the show, I told him how great he was. He shocked the crap out of me by remembering my name. Haha, he's such a humble fellow, and When It's Time... oh man, so lovely.

The story is much better and cleaner now, too, though I can understand if people don't get the flow. And thank goodness that the scene where he quits drugs has been made much more serious. When I saw it in September, it just didn't work for me.I loved that change as well as the giant frame for Rock and Roll Girlfriend. Stark Sands is a great addition to the cast. I liked Matt Caplan, but I think Sands is much better in the role. Michael Esper was again, fantastic. I can't say more good things about Rebecca as Whatsername, she is perfect, and Mary Faber, too.

They cut Good Riddance at the end (I didn't see the Berkeley version where they did it), and that is a good thing.

Anyway, those are my thoughts so far. Going to see it again on 4/7, will probably write about it then so I can let the show sink in more.

The show last night was a great experience. I am really pleased with the changes that have been made - I had more insights - I don't know if it's because of the changes or because I've seen the show often enough. Larry Livermore went with me, and he loved it, but he didn't get near as much of the story as I did. It was his first time to see it. I think it's a show to see a few times. There's so much going on, it's not going to be easy to take it all in on the first viewing. And as Larry said, you could just watch the set and the band / other musicians and not take in the story at all.

It's not simple, but it's powerful. It was SO great to see Tony Vincent as St. Jimmy again! I remembered he was wonderful, but he just blew me away all over again. I agree with Tanya that Johnny's character was much more developed, but I really think all 3 of the leading guys were, partly because of some of the changes made overall. I'm not going to go into it here, because I've made my notes for a full recap. Anything to do with the specific changes I'll put in spoilers and I'll post later - maybe even today since I don't have any meetings this afternoon.

It was great to see a few friends, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone. We arrived just as the doors opened, and we left immediately afterward for dinner - neither of us had eaten.

Great night! When I asked Larry later what he thought of the show, he said (among other things) that he wished he'd invested in it - he thinks it's going to be a big success. Yay!!!!!

Great night! When I asked Larry later what he thought of the show, he said (among other things) that he wished he'd invested in it - he thinks it's going to be a big success. Yay!!!!!

We saw you sitting with Larry. I gotta say, the look in his eyes while he was looking at the curtain was so full of joy and astonishment. I can only imagine what he felt as his friends that he's known since they were kids brought this amazing production to fruition. And yes, it's too bad he didn't invest. I can guarantee you that this show will be on B'way for a long time to come.

For any fans in the uk and Ireland that have sky digital. There is a bit that comes on the sky news active showbiz section about the musical. There is a short interview with the band mainly mike talking. Not much we haven't already seen but it was cool to see something on tv about it

It was great to see a few friends, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone. We arrived just as the doors opened, and we left immediately afterward for dinner - neither of us had eaten.

It was a shame you didn't get to visit with the girls ....I heard they had a blast! :)

Thanks for that J'net!

Were pictures and videos allowed like in the morning?

I didn't really notice except that they weren't allowing flash photography inside, even before the show started.

the first preview was AMAZING. i died a little bit. i was almost in tears as the curtain rose.

i went to the after-party and it was my first time meeting the band so forgive me for being super-lame, but tre took my wine glass out of my hand and sipped from it when i met him, and billie joe hugged me.

i can die happily now.

That's a great story. :cool:

We saw you sitting with Larry. I gotta say, the look in his eyes while he was looking at the curtain was so full of joy and astonishment. I can only imagine what he felt as his friends that he's known since they were kids brought this amazing production to fruition. And yes, it's too bad he didn't invest. I can guarantee you that this show will be on B'way for a long time to come.

Yeah, there were some moments that I could tell he really loved during the show. And he is so happy for them.

We can still hijack that plane y'know.....

Yeah I know.. I actually have a day off tomorrow..

Great little recap, J'net! So awesome that some of you were there yesterday <3