American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

thanks for all the pictures you guys!

im so excited for tomorrow! it hasnt really hit me yet

I bet you J'net and Cheryl went to Sardi's for lunch! Haha...Sadly, I had to head to work.

Nope, no Sardi's for us. We went to the place to the right of the theater and had a drink instead (and some great chat with some great people!). When we left the bar there was still a crowd of people waiting outside of Sardi's.

I should have played hooky from work a little longer! :)

As soon as you left, I almost was going to call you to come back because it looked like the interns were going to do stuff for the pink-wristband people. They took their names, but that was it. You really didn't miss much, tho. I wish we could've all played hooky all day - I really had such a great time talking with everyone, and it was really great to finally meet you!

The stage is unbelievable - so many things to look at at once and just so huge, larger-than-life really. But still so simple at the same time, if that makes sense. The one song we heard, American Idiot, was really powerful and more wonderful than I ever thought it could be with someone other than Green Day playing and singing it. This music is so special to me, I was almost afraid to hear it there, but it didn't disappoint. I loved it and can't wait to see the rest of the show. They boys looked so happy and so comfortable there, talking to the press about it all - I sat in that seat, smiling, listening, and so full of pride for them, grinning like a fool. It was emotional, and I knew it would be. I hope I don't ball through the whole thing tomorrow.

I hope I don't ball through the whole thing tomorrow.

haha yea i have a feeling i will be tomorrow, and im sitting alone so ill look like an even bigger loser! lol

haha yea i have a feeling i will be tomorrow, and im sitting alone so ill look like an even bigger loser! lol

It was really nice to meet you, too!! Ah, if that's the case, there will be a bunch of losers in the audience tomorrow, lol. Don't know about you, but I am good a being one. :D

It was really nice to meet you, too!! Ah, if that's the case, there will be a bunch of losers in the audience tomorrow, lol. Don't know about you, but I am good a being one. :D

haha same! nice meeting you too =]

Here's two photos from Getty for y'all:

http://i40.tinypic.com/15h032a.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/kf5zb5.jpg

Ooh, those pictures on wireimage are really nice :happy:

pity you can only watch the tiny versions.

I can get pictures from WireImage... just let me know which you want. Also, I have some High-Def ones from Getty like the one I posted above.

I got a reply from AmericanIdiotNY on twitter:

jnjglanz1039 @AmericanIdiotNY When will the cast album be released?

AmericanIdiotNY @jnjglanz1039 no cast album release date just yet - check back soon for more details!

I think a mod can re-open the Cast Album thread that got closed once we get more details 'soon'

In this Playbill article, there is an audio interview from Johnny and Rebecca about their characters and the show: Playbill

ETA: Video interview with Billie Joe, Mike, Michael, Rebecca, Tre, and Johnny: Broadway.tv Link

did they play any other songs besides American idiot in front of the crowed cause the only videos on youtube are just them doing american idiot and green day talking

Thanks for all the photos and articles/video posted! :D

Short video interview on BBC NEWS with Billie and Tré

Thanks for the heads up, I'll put the interview with all the other AI Musical stuff in the download links. There is also a new interview with the band from Access Hollywood

^ Uh oh, "when will the cast album be out?" "hopefully soon". noooooo, not "soon" D: Glad Mike said "April" after that.

thanks for posting those interviews :happy:

K, so I'm kinda curious about who everyone I met from GDC is on here now.

I was the Mad Hatter yesterday. The only one whose username I know of Is J'net.

^ Uh oh, "when will the cast album be out?" "hopefully soon". noooooo, not "soon" D: Glad Mike said "April" after that.

thanks for posting those interviews :happy:

when he said april (couldnt hear him properly) he could have meant it will be finished being mixed than but hopefully he was released

when he said april (couldnt hear him properly) he could have meant it will be finished being mixed than but hopefully he was released

Hmm yeah, that's possible too.

But I think it's more than logical the album is out when the musical premiers (4/20), because as far as I know usually the cast album is also sold in the merch stands.

i like how green day are playing on the album but the cast are singing. i wish they made a version that was green day singing as well like with the 21 Guns one

Hmm yeah, that's possible too.

But I think it's more than logical the album is out when the musical premiers (4/20), because as far as I know usually the cast album is also sold in the merch stands.

yea thats true but than again it could be finished mixing and released in april but id say if mike was saying released billie probably would have said oh yea thats right april or some thing like that