American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Can't you just "hear" Billie laughing after saying that?

Haha, yeah, you're right.

Some great photos, wow!

Love the Rolling Stone article, too. This opening is getting some serious press, woo!

Today was so wonderful. Mostly because of all my lovely friends I got to see again. The 15-20 minute "sound check/press conference" was great, but it was truly short.

However, it was awesome while it lasted. I got choked up when the curtain rose and AI was performed. I'm SO proud for our guys.

Anyone who's already watched the vids probably knows by now that the song is staged quite differently than it was in Berkeley. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler just in case it hasn't already been discussed for all to see.

The song starts with the entire cast/band/everyone on stage facing the back of the stage (i.e. watching the t.v.s) - very effective and much more interesting IMO. Gerard starts singing the first lines of the song. Then other cast members start taking turns with different lines. Johnny stays on his bed watching the rear wall of t.v.s until later in the song, when he suddenly jumps up and takes everything to a whole new level! HIGH ENERGY!

Afterwards, we got to see the guys come out - Mike grabbed my hand and said "Hi" and gave me the sweetest smile. Saw all the guys and Bill Schneider. Lots of folks got autographs and photos as they were walking from the theater to Sardi's (a few doors down).

Then several of us went to a bar for drinks and had such good chat (and drinks)!!!

CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW!!!

SON, sorry you couldn't be there, but Mary (Mari?) told me you said HI!

I'll write a recap, but with the vids being up, it doesn't seem so urgent right this minute :).

Green Day is about to hit Broadway!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who offered me passes. Sorry my travel nightmares made me such a poor communicator yesterday - but I am so appreciative of all you wonderful GDC folks!!! :wub:

Can't you just "hear" Billie laughing after saying that?

Yeah <3

More photos at Wireimages? I should really check them out then.

Fink page own

Ooh, those pictures on wireimage are really nice :happy:

pity you can only watch the tiny versions.

These are some pictures I took from my phone:

aisoundcheck.jpg

aisoundcheck2.jpg

aisoundcheck3.jpg

aisoundcheck4.jpg

aisoundcheck5.jpg

aisoundcheck6.jpg

And my friend took these of me with a few of the cast members. XD

aicast.jpg

AIcast2.jpg

I have some real nice photos from inside of the theater when they were speaking (An especially nice one of Tre climbing into bed, hehe), I'll post a link to the Photobucket where I'll be uploading them later. I'm putting some of them on my deviantART right now too. If anyone wants to see them, they're currently being put on @ www.fooget.deviantart.com/gallery. That soundcheck was just phenomenal! I can't wait to go see it April 24th!

Oh, and I've got a good video of "American Idiot", I used the banister to keep the camera super still. YouTube uploads take eons on my computer, but I'll put a link to it whenever I can get it on.

Today was so wonderful. Mostly because of all my lovely friends I got to see again. The 15-20 minute "sound check/press conference" was great, but it was truly short.

However, it was awesome while it lasted. I got choked up when the curtain rose and AI was performed. I'm SO proud for our guys.

Anyone who's already watched the vids probably knows by now that the song is staged quite differently than it was in Berkeley. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler just in case it hasn't already been discussed for all to see.

The song starts with the entire cast/band/everyone on stage facing the back of the stage (i.e. watching the t.v.s) - very effective and much more interesting IMO. Gerard starts singing the first lines of the song. Then other cast members start taking turns with different lines. Johnny stays on his bed watching the rear wall of t.v.s until later in the song, when he suddenly jumps up and takes everything to a whole new level! HIGH ENERGY!

Afterwards, we got to see the guys come out - Mike grabbed my hand and said "Hi" and gave me the sweetest smile. Saw all the guys and Bill Schneider. Lots of folks got autographs and photos as they were walking from the theater to Sardi's (a few doors down).

Then several of us went to a bar for drinks and had such good chat (and drinks)!!!

CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW!!!

SON, sorry you couldn't be there, but Mary (Mari?) told me you said HI!

I'll write a recap, but with the vids being up, it doesn't seem so urgent right this minute :).

Green Day is about to hit Broadway!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who offered me passes. Sorry my travel nightmares made me such a poor communicator yesterday - but I am so appreciative of all you wonderful GDC folks!!! :wub:

I should have played hooky from work a little longer! :)

I should have played hooky from work a little longer! :)

I know, me too. I thought about it, but my windowsill incident this morning made it impossible. I really wanted to say hello to them, but you know, stuff happens. I was just happy to be there today!

Nevermind...

http://www.wireimage.com/ItemListings.aspx?igi=424522&nbc1=1

I know, me too. I thought about it, but my windowsill incident this morning made it impossible. I really wanted to say hello to them, but you know, stuff happens. I was just happy to be there today!

Nevermind...

http://www.wireimage.com/ItemListings.aspx?igi=424522&nbc1=1

Definitely! Very, very glad we all got to go! :)

Nevermind?

Oh, look! More pictures!

Amazing! thank you everyone for sharing photos videos and personal accounts. i am so glad i found this group.

you totally made me feel liek i was there!

xo

Once again, thanks for the ticket Tanya. :happy: Oh, and my mom was really happy she got in, she totally wasn't expecting it. She loves Green Day too if you couldn't tell already, haha.

I took some pictures outside the theater and during the performance and "press conference" if anyone's interested, it's a lot of pics though:

Marquee:

2dv4jvb.png

dndmz8.png

The performance + band:

fbm0cj.png

2e1f9zt.png

20t2fic.png

xooads.png

2hcndao.png

72yq1j.png

9ux853.png

264hy7n.png

I didn't take many pics of the performance because I recorded the entire thing from the 2nd verse on. After it was over and everyone was kinda hanging around outside, a reporter from the NY Times came and interviewed me and my mom about our thoughts of the soundcheck and took our picture. I was nervous, so I couldn't really think and must've sounded pretty stupid. I hope that they don't use much of it/any of it at all in the article. xD I also saw Rebecca Naomi Jones walking into the restaurant (literally a foot away from me) but I didn't know what to say and I didn't really wanna annoy her even though she seemed happy and was taking a few pictures. Oh, I saw the guys on their way out but the pictures I got suck. :lol:

I gotta say, based on what I saw today this looks pretty awesome - even better than I expected. I'm seeing it on the 23rd with a bunch of my friends and I seriously can't wait.

Edited by showbiz

I have some real nice photos from inside of the theater when they were speaking (An especially nice one of Tre climbing into bed, hehe), I'll post a link to the Photobucket where I'll be uploading them later. I'm putting some of them on my deviantART right now too. If anyone wants to see them, they're currently being put on @ www.fooget.deviantart.com/gallery. That soundcheck was just phenomenal! I can't wait to go see it April 24th!

Oh, and I've got a good video of "American Idiot", I used the banister to keep the camera super still. YouTube uploads take eons on my computer, but I'll put a link to it whenever I can get it on.

Nice, can't wait to see more pics <3

I'm so jealous of everybody who saw the soundcheck/is going to the show! :woot: I'd love to see it! I really hope it goes to London one day

(or I somehow get rich enough to see it in New York :cool: )

I really hate the fact I can't see the musical. If only there was a way to go to New York right now :lol:

Hmm, maybe there will be a DVD of it soon/some time.

I really hate the fact I can't see the musical. If only there was a way to go to New York right now :lol:

Hmm, maybe there will be a DVD of it soon/some time.

Let's hijack a plane and make it go to New York and then steal tickets from unsuspecting people without getting arrested or recognized.

Yeah, I really hope a DVD will be made (:

yes I know about gdtorrent and what's on there

Let's hijack a plane and make it go to New York and then steal tickets from unsuspecting people without getting arrested or recognized.

Yeah, I really hope a DVD will be made (:

yes I know about gdtorrent and what's on there

Good plan. So, is tomorrow soon enough for you?

Yeah, and that is actually gets released (: *cough*HLAHG<3*cough*

yes I know about that too and about that it's on my pc somewhere since like Sunday

So are a lot of GDC'ers going to the show tomorrow / this week? :D

Can I come too?

^ Of course you are. Any GDC'er who wants to come is welcome.

Good plan. So, is tomorrow soon enough for you?

Yeah, and that is actually gets released (: *cough*HLAHG<3*cough*

yes I know about that too and about that it's on my pc somewhere since like Sunday

So are a lot of GDC'ers going to the show tomorrow / this week? :D

Tomorrow's perfect :]

it's been on my pc for a while, but I haven't had the time to watch it yet (and when I do have the time I don't think about it). actually I want to put it on a DVD myself and then watch it, for some reason I can concentrate on watching something way better when it's on a TV, and I believe the quality or at least the format is right for it.... anyway

i literally JUST got home!

this was a longggggg day!

i got there at 7:45am to meet up with my two friends who were first in line. i felt like i was waiting for ever! i waited around till after and got some pics with the guys :)

the soundcheck was awesome i took videos of both the speech and the performance [im uploading pics now and ill post them and the video soon!]