American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

well i called artist arena to find out how many people are actually winning from IC [i dont know about the AI one] and the guy said they dont know if theyre doing 250 winners or not and theyre sorting everything out now and to keep checking IC news page.

hey, can you share how it changed from the first time you saw it to the last? i went on 9/25 and am wondering how different it will be on broadway. i'm waiting until previews are done so that i can catch a "final" version

Some changes between 9-4 and 11-15 (in no particular order)

- Addition of Whatshername to Last Night on Earth

- The evolution of She's a Rebel (three different versions before resting on the final She's A Rebel/LOTAG mix).

- The Death of St. Jimmy went from Jimmy shooting himself and walking off stage to a funneral procession out.

- The text of the monologues were shortened, rearranged, and made to include the Tunny and Will's names more often.

- Jesus of Suburbia had several additions of spoken dialog.

- "Jimmy said its better than here" (sung by Will) changed to "Johnny says its better than here) later in the run in Give Me Novacaine.

- Girls from Favorite Son added to the end of Give Me Novacaine.

- Beginning of Give Me Novacaine changed from electric to acoustic guitar.

- The intro "Wall of Sound" (sound clips from TV) was changed very early on to include more clips from non-news sources (such as South Park).

- Time of Your Life (I know that I'm leaving off the front part of the name) was added to the end of the curtain call near the very end to the run.

Thats just what I can think of off the top of my head, If you search through my past posts, I posted them each time.

I'm most looking forward to Letterbomb, honestly.

I heard the audio from that Berkeley show, and I fell in love with that. I can't wait to actually see it for myself, and hear it in better quality.

I'm most looking forward to Letterbomb, honestly.

I heard the audio from that Berkeley show, and I fell in love with that. I can't wait to actually see it for myself, and hear it in better quality.

Letterbomb is one of the most powerful performances in the whole show, you won't be disappointed.

btw- if anyone wins and has an extra guest spot for tomorrow [if i dont win] im 100% ready to go at any time....so if anyone has one def. let me know!! :)

Letterbomb is one of the most powerful performances in the whole show, you won't be disappointed.

I could tell that just from that fuzzy audio. And whichever one of the girls pulled off that little scream did an incredible job.

I thought it'd be weird to hear a girl sing Letterbomb, but then I was like "Well, Whatsername, so... it makes sense."

Finally heard the audio, and I wasn't disappointed.

no =[ i asked like every question. they never know ANYTHING!

and im a mod for one of their other fan club message boards [cobra starships] and when they did a contest once before to be in their video i found out 8pm the night before the shoot....and i won to be in fall out boys video in 2007 [also run by artist arena- their fan club] i won and found out THE MORNING of! i wanted to killsomeone....

im going to bet though we find out for IC sometime after 3, 4........or never........HAHA jk =P

haha well this is Green Day we're talking about

they'll probably tell us and hour before they want us there lol

MassHysteria or J'net, maybe you can help me with this because it's been bugging me...

During "City of the Damned" in JOS, early on, Tunny sings the entire thing. But towards the end of the run, did Johnny and Will sing along with him with during:

Tunny:I read the graffiti/In the bathroom stall

Johnny: Like the holy scriptures of a shopping mall

Tunny: And so it seemed to confess

Will: It didn't say much/But it only confirmed that

Tunny: The center of the earth/Is the end of the world/And I could really care less

Yes? No?

well i called artist arena to find out how many people are actually winning from IC [i dont know about the AI one] and the guy said they dont know if theyre doing 250 winners or not and theyre sorting everything out now and to keep checking IC news page.

Wow, so not fair that they messed up in the first place. Kinda crazy. I guess we'll see...

awesome.. thank you so much! do you think it's improved from the first show, in your opinion? the only part i didn't really care for is the

"dream sequence" with tunny and that girl where they fly.. they didn't change that part, did they?

Some changes between 9-4 and 11-15 (in no particular order)

Thats just what I can think of off the top of my head, If you search through my past posts, I posted them each time.

also tag, nice initiative with calling artist arena! i can't believe they still don't know what's going on.. there's less than 24 hours until the show, wth??

Anyone have any idea what the weather in the city is supposed to be like on Wednesday?

it's raining today and tomorrow, but wednesday should be dry =)

"Partly Cloudy

High: 63°

Low: 42°"

Anyone have any idea what the weather in the city is supposed to be like on Wednesday?

61degrees, partly cloudy and very windy

and tomorrow rain, 56 degrees

MassHysteria or J'net, maybe you can help me with this because it's been bugging me...

During "City of the Damned" in JOS, early on, Tunny sings the entire thing. But towards the end of the run, did Johnny and Will sing along with him with during:

Tunny:I read the graffiti/In the bathroom stall

Johnny: Like the holy scriptures of a shopping mall

Tunny: And so it seemed to confess

Will: It didn't say much/But it only confirmed that

Tunny: The center of the earth/Is the end of the world/And I could really care less

Yes? No?

To answer your question

Yes, they did add them in near the end of the run, I would have to consult my recordings (love my iPhone) to see the exact changes that occurred.

Update: Yes, listened again, you're 100% correct.

Edited by MassHysteria

Thanks guys. I'm just glad it'll be dry. I've waited in line for a concert once and it was pouring. Very unpleasant experience.

I'm still hopeful, too. I'ts just after 10am in California, and I'm thinking that's where this is being managed from.

Good point J'net! I hadn't even considered time zones! :)

awesome.. thank you so much! do you think it's improved from the first show, in your opinion? the only part i didn't really care for is the

"dream sequence" with tunny and that girl where they fly.. they didn't change that part, did they?

Yes, I felt that the show got a little bit better every time I saw it.

And no, they didn't eliminate that part or change it really, but I'd be surprised if it had no changes in Broadway.

And of course, they will change and tweak it over the next month, I wish I could see that.

starting to sing this

"So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you.

So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you."

that's good to hear (that it improved every time).. i'm thinking they won't cut that part since it's in the commercials, lol. and i'm probably the only one that didn't love this scene ;P it'll be interesting to see a new tunny, although i thought the tunny at berkeley was very good =) anyway.. cool, thanks!

Yes, I felt that the show got a little bit better every time I saw it.

And no, they didn't eliminate that part or change it really, but I'd be surprised if it had no changes in Broadway.

And of course, they will change and tweak it over the next month, I wish I could see that.

that's good to hear (that it improved every time).. i'm thinking they won't cut that part since it's in the commercials, lol. and i'm probably the only one that didn't love this scene ;P it'll be interesting to see a new tunny, although i thought the tunny at berkeley was very good =) anyway.. cool, thanks!

Yes, the scene will stay, but I'm still predicting they change it from what was seen in Berkeley.

J'Net, you will have to post notes on the changes you notice... But of course I won't read them until after I see it... Or at least I'll try... stupid curiosity.

starting to sing this

"So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you.

So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you."

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks in song lyrics! I have that moment a lot with Green Day stuff. lol