American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

lol Exactly. And if they still don't have seats, we can always offer to sit on the floor! "No really, we'll be REALLY quiet. You won't even notice we're here!" lol Actually, I'm pretty sure that's a fire hazard. Oh well. :cool:

HAHA yeah it is a fire hazard...but i would even take sitting in the balcony somewhere lol

does anyone know if they're doing the student lottery on Wenesday or is it starting in april?

They should start lotto on Wednesday. Most shows in previews have their lotto/rush policies in effect.

sorry for intruding, but is anyone going to see the musical on wenesday?

I'll be there. I'm going to be wearing a Mad Hatter hat, so I'll be pretty easy to spot. Don't be afraid to say hi. :D

Nope, but everytime I see an e-mail in my inbox my heart skips a beat. :unsure:

I hear that!! i have been checking every hour or more it seems :) if i win i have to drive to NY from Boston, but life's too short for me to worry about a 4 hour drive. Good luck to all who entered!

Looks like they're finally putting all the signs up at the St. James!

26004_399488517989_259101592989_4985064_2634253_n.jpg

(via American Idiot's FB page)

^ ill be there too!

if i see you i'll definitely say hi :)

Yay! :banana:

does anyone know if they're doing the student lottery on Wenesday or is it starting in april?

It's official. They are. The American Idiot Twitter just posted this:

"American Idiot missed the boat on getting first preview tickets? well, come on down to the St James on Wednesday at 6:00pm to try your luck for front row lottery seats!"

I would just like to put out a friendly reminder (plee?) to those who will be seeing it soon. Can we please keep discussions of what is seen within Spoiler Boxes so that people not seeing it on Wednesday will still have some surprises when they see it? I really don't want to have to unsubscribe to the thread because of that.

I would just like to put out a friendly reminder (plee?) to those who will be seeing it soon. Can we please keep discussions of what is seen within Spoiler Boxes so that people not seeing it on Wednesday will still have some surprises when they see it? I really don't want to have to unsubscribe to the thread because of that.

I was just looking at your sig, you saw it a ton of times in Berkeley, so it made me wonder if you're going to be seeing it a ton of times on Broadway?

XD

...and I realized that that sounds kind of bitchy, and just to clarify- I didn't mean it to. It was just curiousity.

I understand your thinking. However, I'm not seeing the show until June and I cannot wait to hear every single detail. I'm just too excited to stop reading every detail available.

But that might just be me.

I was just looking at your sig, you saw it a ton of times in Berkeley, so it made me wonder if you're going to be seeing it a ton of times on Broadway?

XD

...and I realized that that sounds kind of bitchy, and just to clarify- I didn't mean it to. It was just curiousity.

Haha, no worries. No, I will not be seeing it as many times for a few reasons:

1. Now unemployed (costs a lot to see it 10x)

2. New York is a lot farther from Utah than Cali (and therefore more expensive to fly out)

3. New York costs more to stay in

4. Tickets cost about 2x what they did in Berkeley

5. I'm now in school full time, so its harder to schedule time to go see shows than when I was working.

Right now I'm only seeing the show once in NYC, but who knows, that could change to twice.... maybe.

I understand your thinking. However, I'm not seeing the show until June and I cannot wait to hear every single detail. I'm just too excited to stop reading every detail available.

But that might just be me.

I'm not saying DON"T post, I'm just saying post those details in a Spoiler so those that don't want to read them don't have to :thumbsup:

2. New York is a lot farther from Utah than Cali (and therefore more expensive to fly out)

5. I'm now in school full time, so its harder to schedule time to go see shows than when I was working.

Right now I'm only seeing the show once in NYC, but who knows, that could change to twice.... maybe.

I'm not saying DON"T post, I'm just saying post those details in a Spoiler so those that don't want to read them don't have to :thumbsup:

Fair enough. I hope the Broadway rendition is as amazing to you as the Berkeley version was. :)

When will you be going?

Gotcha.

Any word on soundcheck? This anticipation is driving me mad. Every time I get an email, my heart stops a little.

Anyway, if anyone gets in and can't go, or only needs one of the two tickets, please message me . If I don't get in I will definitely take it off your hands.

Seriously, Broadway and Green Day are two of my greatest passions. I can't believe as of Wednesday (maybe Tuesday) this is all a reality.

Fair enough. I hope the Broadway rendition is as amazing to you as the Berkeley version was. :)

When will you be going?

I'm going to NYC April 30-May 6 for my one week vacation between spring and summer semesters, and I'm seeing the show May 4th! And I am very excited to see it, one of the best parts of seeing it all these times is seeing how it has evolved. And this will be the last step in that evolution, I can't wait!

hey, can you share how it changed from the first time you saw it to the last? i went on 9/25 and am wondering how different it will be on broadway. i'm waiting until previews are done so that i can catch a "final" version

also, i entered the soundcheck contest.. i can't believe they still haven't emailed anyone =/

one of the best parts of seeing it all these times is seeing how it has evolved. And this will be the last step in that evolution, I can't wait!

Any word on soundcheck? This anticipation is driving me mad. Every time I get an email, my heart stops a little.

Anyway, if anyone gets in and can't go, or only needs one of the two tickets, please message me . If I don't get in I will definitely take it off your hands.

Seriously, Broadway and Green Day are two of my greatest passions. I can't believe as of Wednesday (maybe Tuesday) this is all a reality.

No emails here. Still hopeful though!

Awww, same. I got into Green Day two years before I started doing theatre. So excited about this show! :)

Awww, same. I got into Green Day two years before I started doing theatre. So excited about this show! :)

See, Broadway was my passion from the time I was a kid. And I always liked Green Day, but I was never really passionate about music that wasn't Showtunes. Then American Idiot came out when I was in college, and it changed my life. It reminded me of a musical and I fell in love with the album. Suddenly I discovered rock music and everything from the Who to the Beatles to - whoever. Seeing American Idiot on Broadway, I swear its a manifestation of one of my greatest dreams.

I'm still hopeful, too. I'ts just after 10am in California, and I'm thinking that's where this is being managed from.

I'm still hopeful, too. I'ts just after 10am in California, and I'm thinking that's where this is being managed from.

ohh, that's a good point! hmm, but if artist arena is organizing this, i just looked them up and they're in nyc.. ahh, i hope they email soon. whether i won or not, this waiting is making me sick =X

I'm going to NYC April 30-May 6 for my one week vacation between spring and summer semesters, and I'm seeing the show May 4th! And I am very excited to see it, one of the best parts of seeing it all these times is seeing how it has evolved. And this will be the last step in that evolution, I can't wait!

I love that you're seeing it on Mike's birthday. XD

I hope you have an amazing time.