American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

i did the student lottery for hair spray a few years ago [when lance bass and ashley angel were in it LOL] it was AMAZING! these seats are epic...so im going to have to try the student lottery for one of these shows...which will probably be in april since im going wed for previews.

i saw both of them in hairspray too!

wasnt Alexa Vega in it also?

I only have tickets to the show on the 24th but I am up for meeting up with anyone going to the shows this week, in April and whenever since I only live in Staten Island so, its not a big deal for me to swing by and meet up with people for dinner/drinks/etc :D

I'll be there on March 24th. I intend to wear a giant Mad Hatter hat so that I'll stand out and be easy to spot by GDCers...

...and Green Day afterwards. :whistle

Okay, so I know you can use a student ID for the student lottery, that's obvious...

But, I elected to pick up my tickets at the box office, and it says two forms of ID are required... so will my student ID work as a second form of ID as well?

The Idiot Club seems to have completely messed up the contest for the event on Tuesday.

According to the entry now on the IC, it's only a sound check and not a press conference. They don't say how many people will be winning.

The marketing team sent the email list of AI an email saying 50 people were going to get in, while the first Idiot Club post said 500. (there is no number now).. I have no idea how many people they are now letting in and Netty is probably asleep now and Arena Artists probably won't answer emails until Monday.

What a nightmare!

Edited by t ann

oy vay. hopefully it gets straightened out for all of you.

Tell me about it! It's really no fair... just like life!

i saw both of them in hairspray too!

wasnt Alexa Vega in it also?

haha i think so!! i forget lol

I'll be there on March 24th. I intend to wear a giant Mad Hatter hat so that I'll stand out and be easy to spot by GDCers...

...and Green Day afterwards. :whistle

Okay, so I know you can use a student ID for the student lottery, that's obvious...

But, I elected to pick up my tickets at the box office, and it says two forms of ID are required... so will my student ID work as a second form of ID as well?

haha sweet where are u sitting? ill be there to meet up with whomever is going...and yes a student ID is a second form of ID

The Idiot Club seems to have completely messed up the contest for the event on Tuesday.

According to the entry now on the IC, it's only a sound check and not a press conference. They don't say how many people will be winning.

The marketing team sent the email list of AI an email saying 50 people were going to get in, while the first Idiot Club post said 500. (there is no number now).. I have no idea how many people they are now letting in and Netty is probably asleep now and Arena Artists probably won't answer emails until Monday.

What a nightmare!

i know! i posted a thread post about it so hopefully everything will be sorted out

for the student lottery, if you get 2 tickets, do both people have to have student id cards? or just the one person entering? cus i can get a student id card but my friend isnt going to school this semester so she wont have one.

just one person has to have it [from what i experienced] but i dont know if they changed it. i would call the box office to find out 100% but im pretty sure just the ONE person does =]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it will work for AI too. I've done lotto for a couple of shows and they usually only have the person who actually won stand in line to get the tickets.

@hannahml - Unless they change the rules, you and your friend should be good! :)

haha sweet where are u sitting? ill be there to meet up with whomever is going...and yes a student ID is a second form of ID

Well, I'm going to enter the Student Lottery, but as of right now, since it's unlikely I'll win, I'm sitting in the Balcony Row F

i know! i posted a thread post about it so hopefully everything will be sorted out

I'm elderta over on the IC. I saw your post. Thanks for that.

What a nightmare!

Seriously? Do you think "500" could have been a typo? Maybe "press conference" was a miscommunication?

Sigh. Regardless of what happened, that's a little odd. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for winning now. =/

Seriously? Do you think "500" could have been a typo? Maybe "press conference" was a miscommunication?

Sigh. Regardless of what happened, that's a little odd. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for winning now. =/

I don't see why not. I mean, it's a guarantee the boys will be there no matter what, y'know? That alone is an awesome opportunity.

If I didn't have to work Tuesday, I'd totally enter.

I don't see why not. I mean, it's a guarantee the boys will be there no matter what, y'know? That alone is an awesome opportunity.

If I didn't have to work Tuesday, I'd totally enter.

I meant that I wasn't getting my hopes up because the number of people getting in appears to have changed. I'm totally excited about the opportunity to go! I had already planned to ask off from work for it if I won! (My boss is pretty cool about letting me out of work for a few hours if it's something I really wanna do.) Unfortunately, it sounds like my chances of getting to ask for a few hours off for the press conference/soundcheck/whatever are pretty slim now. =/

I meant that I wasn't getting my hopes up because the number of people getting in has changed. I'm totally excited about the opportunity to go! I had already planned to ask off from work for it if I won! (My boss is pretty cool about letting me out of work for a few hours if it's something I really wanna do.) Unfortunately, it sounds like my chances of getting to ask for a few hours off for the press conference/soundcheck/whatever are pretty slim now. =/

Ah, I see what you were saying now.

I already took Wednesday and Thursday off for the show, and my boss scheduled me for Tuesday. He'd whoop my ass if I entered that, somehow won, and then called in.

Mainly because two employees just quit, and one more just went into rehab. :dry:

I'd totally screw them over, and probably end up jobless if I tried to pull that one off.

Ah, I see what you were saying now.

I already took Wednesday and Thursday off for the show, and my boss scheduled me for Tuesday. He'd whoop my ass if I entered that, somehow won, and then called in.

Mainly because two employees just quit, and one more just went into rehab. :dry:

I'd totally screw them over, and probably end up jobless if I tried to pull that one off.

Yeah, probably best to go in and stay employed. You'll be at work, but you can at least look forward to Wednesday and Thursday! :)

Actually, when I went to pick up my ticket, they just asked for the credit card that was used to make the purchase.

Heh... it's a very strange feeling to *want* Monday to get here. :lol:

just one person has to have it [from what i experienced] but i dont know if they changed it. i would call the box office to find out 100% but im pretty sure just the ONE person does =]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it will work for AI too. I've done lotto for a couple of shows and they usually only have the person who actually won stand in line to get the tickets.

@hannahml - Unless they change the rules, you and your friend should be good! :)

thanks guys! :D i guess now i have to go in and actually get my student id haha

Is it strange that I heard the proper cast version of 21 Guns for the very first time today...? PS: I couldn't be bothered to look for the 21 Guns thread.

Is it strange that I heard the proper cast version of 21 Guns for the very first time today...? PS: I couldn't be bothered to look for the 21 Guns thread.

Off topic: I LOVE THIS FROM A MOD!!

What a nightmare!

I originally thought there were 2 contests - one from the "AI on Broadway" facebook for the sound check and one from the IC for a press conference. If there's really only one contest for the sound check, maybe both the AI and IC have passes to give away.

I'm trying to be optimistic, since I changed my flight to arrive in time for this ... just in case!

I hope everyone on here who entered the contest WINS! Good luck all!

Thanks! Me too! :)

I originally thought there were 2 contests - one from the "AI on Broadway" facebook for the sound check and one from the IC for a press conference. If there's really only one contest for the sound check, maybe both the AI and IC have passes to give away.

I'm trying to be optimistic, since I changed my flight to arrive in time for this ... just in case!

oh mom, just go bar hopping if you dont win

i have no clue what these tickets entail really. maybe just some scenes to be recorded for promos or reviews and then the press release?

^ That was kind of hard to read and the last paragraph is cut off, but it's a nice article, thanks for posting :happy:

oh and the photo auto-resizes so it's not a problem.