American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

The menu said "domestic beer" and "imported beer". Are those the two types? lol

I think when I asked the waitress she said, Heineken and Budweiser, so that would fulfill the categories. Haha....

So, when J'net gets here next week, let's take her around, see what she thinks of places for the 19th.

Tanya, the Cafe Edison looks like it has a nice selection of stuff. Expensive? Depends on your frame of reference, I guess!. I have paid $12 for a pastrami sandwich and chips in the city, and that is very expensive for here in little old Ohio.

Well, I should have looked at the menu, but I wanted to walk around the Square and head home.

We could also just grab a bunch of tables that they now have in the middle of Times Square and hole up there for a while. But there is no public drinking in NYC, lol.

I think when I asked the waitress she said, Heineken and Budweiser, so that would fulfill the categories. Haha....

So, when J'net gets here next week, let's take her around, see what she thinks of places for the 19th.

lol I guess they do.

Sounds like a plan. Of course, we'll have to sample some of their drinks. You know, for decision making purposes... ;)

Yay, I LOVE this idea!!! Especially if I get to sample lots of stuff :woot:!

They don't have a bar, just a few beers. It really is a diner that happens to be in a hotel. We'll take a look next week!

Yay, I LOVE this idea!!! Especially if I get to sample lots of stuff :woot:!

Of course! After all, you want to be able to make an informed decision! ;)

hey guys- sorry to jump in on this convo...but I'm going to be around april 19th at the theater and Id love to meet/hang out with you all :)

I'm ToniAnn btw :)

I'll be going to the April 19th show as well..and would also love to meet up with you all! I'm looking forward to meeting as many GD fans I can :) I'll be in NY April 18-22nd. I'm very excited about the upcoming trip :) :) And I'm Margaret btw :)

Edited by mlines6

hey guys- sorry to jump in on this convo...but I'm going to be around april 19th at the theater and Id love to meet/hang out with you all :)

I'm ToniAnn btw :)

I'll be going to the April 19th show as well..and would also love to meet up with you all! I'm looking forward to meeting as many GD fans I can :) I'll be in NY April 18-22nd. I'm very excited about the upcoming trip :) :) And I'm Margaret btw :)

ToniAnn, you MUST hang out with us! I'm excited to see you again.

And Margaret, we all love meeting new GDC friends, so be sure you watch this space!

This is going to be one of those epic GDC meetups with so many of us there :woot:!

ToniAnn, you MUST hang out with us! I'm excited to see you again.

And Margaret, we all love meeting new GDC friends, so be sure you watch this space!

This is going to be one of those epic GDC meetups with so many of us there :woot:!

I'm excited to see you again too and meet some new GD fans :)

Don't forget:

Rudy's on 44th and 9th serves free hot dogs with their drinks, and Charlie O's on 45th and 8th serves a couple of (passable) free appetizers with their drinks at happy hour too!

Though Carmines can get expensive - if you're going with a large group, it won't be $800-expensive, unless you're ordering tons of cocktails and expensive wine. I went a few weeks ago with my parents and we split two platters and there was STILL left over food. So for 17 people? Get maybe 6-8 platters and then it'll probably be around... $175-$200 before tax and drinks? Divided by 17 people, that's not very expensive. And it's good food! Make a reservation beforehand though!

There's also Angus McIndoe, a place on 44th street where people in the theatre industry go a LOT so who knows who you might see! I think they do a three-course prix-fixe before showtime too for $20-something a person.

Don't forget:

Rudy's on 44th and 9th serves free hot dogs with their drinks, and Charlie O's on 45th and 8th serves a couple of (passable) free appetizers with their drinks at happy hour too!

Though Carmines can get expensive - if you're going with a large group, it won't be $800-expensive, unless you're ordering tons of cocktails and expensive wine. I went a few weeks ago with my parents and we split two platters and there was STILL left over food. So for 17 people? Get maybe 6-8 platters and then it'll probably be around... $175-$200 before tax and drinks? Divided by 17 people, that's not very expensive. And it's good food! Make a reservation beforehand though!

There's also Angus McIndoe, a place on 44th street where people in the theatre industry go a LOT so who knows who you might see! I think they do a three-course prix-fixe before showtime too for $20-something a person.

I never been to Angus McIndoe but its right next to St. James theater. Billie and Bill S. came out of that restaurant last friday when i ran into them...so I'm assuming they were either having some lunch or drinks or whatever there :)

Don't forget:

Is Rudy's the place with the big pig out front that is dressed for all the holidays? when the swine flu was big in the news, he had a surgical mask on, lol.

If anyone is going to see AI on SAT MARCH 27th and wants to go for pre-theater dinner/drink with sallysimpson and myself please drop me or sallysimpson a pm so we can hook up. abbey

If anyone is going to see AI on SAT MARCH 27th and wants to go for pre-theater dinner/drink with sallysimpson and myself please drop me or sallysimpson a pm so we can hook up. abbey

Abbey, I have pre-theater plans that night, but what about after-show drinks?

I only have tickets to the show on the 24th but I am up for meeting up with anyone going to the shows this week, in April and whenever since I only live in Staten Island so, its not a big deal for me to swing by and meet up with people for dinner/drinks/etc :D

Is Rudy's the place with the big pig out front that is dressed for all the holidays? when the swine flu was big in the news, he had a surgical mask on, lol.

yes it is!

How do I enter the student thing?

you actually have to go to the theater if you want to do the lottery :/

you actually have to go to the theater if you want to do the lottery :/

Oh, damnit. This is why I just adore living in Texas. :dry:

i did the student lottery for hair spray a few years ago [when lance bass and ashley angel were in it LOL] it was AMAZING! these seats are epic...so im going to have to try the student lottery for one of these shows...which will probably be in april since im going wed for previews.

for the student lottery, if you get 2 tickets, do both people have to have student id cards? or just the one person entering? cus i can get a student id card but my friend isnt going to school this semester so she wont have one.

just one person has to have it [from what i experienced] but i dont know if they changed it. i would call the box office to find out 100% but im pretty sure just the ONE person does =]