American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

There has to be beer.

lol Beer and the potential for a rum and coke!

Thanks for organizing all this stuff, Tanya! We definitely need a place that is willing to push tables together and let us hang out. That's the only thing about Junior's, they tend to push people out when they're busy. On the plus side, they have drinks AND cheesecake! ;) The only other place I've seen seat a really large group (20+ people) was John's Pizzeria on 44th. There's also a bar right next door, but I honestly don't remember much of my time there so I can't speak accurately as to the size.

Note: I rarely eat in Times Square, so I have don't have many suggestions.

Well, the good thing about the 19th being on a Monday is that most other shows are dark, so they probably won't have a lot of pre-show theater crowds. :thumbsup:

Well, the good thing about the 19th being on a Monday is that most other shows are dark, so they probably won't have a lot of pre-show theater crowds. :thumbsup:

OR ... everyone will be at the St. James because there's nowhere else to go :(.

OR ... everyone will be at the St. James because there's nowhere else to go :(.

It's New York City, theres somehwere to go, always, hahah.

It's New York City, theres somehwere to go, always, hahah.

Yeah, just a little joke on my part ... :lol:.

my friend and i are going on the 19th

defiantly meeting up withe everyone. cant wait to see people again and meet new people!

we're not old enough to drink legally =[

somewhere not tooo expensive would be nice.

why stalk on the 19th and not the 20th? or are you stalking both nights

:ninja:

Cheryl, yes! It is the Westway! It's huge and mostly empty. And they serve beer, I think. It's cheap, too.

And yes, it is Monday. AI might be the only show going on that night.

Cheryl, yes! It is the Westway! It's huge and mostly empty. And they serve beer, I think. It's cheap, too.

And yes, it is Monday. AI might be the only show going on that night.

I've been there myself (sober, lol) and it is just normal and good. It's a little bit of a walk, but it's definitely got room.

http://westwaydinernyc.com/food-delivery/Westway-Diner-New-York-City.3988.r?QueryStringValue=IKJGIgLSAAJI8exWLkU0sA==

why stalk on the 19th and not the 20th? or are you stalking both nights

:ninja:

because I can't go into the city the 20th. Unless there's going to be another meetup or something. Taking the train into the city isn't cheap.

There are usually a few shows running on Monday night, but the pre-show theatre crowd should definitely be smaller than on the weekends or even the end of the work week. I think we will be good as long as we find a place with enough space. Diner food is yum and usually pretty cheap!

Cheryl, maybe that's not it. This place isn't on the avenue, it's on one of the streets between B'way and 8th, I think. In one of those old hotels, like 43th, 44th, or 46th. I'll try and go and find it this weekend. I was thinking of going in the neighborhood anyway, go past the theater, see what's up. See if the signs are outside of the doors. Y'now. :whistle haven't really done that since the tech started. haha. And just to hang out in Times Square. I love being around there on a nice day. Maybe they'll put the lawnchairs out on 7th.

crap i just entered that contest to meet green day

but then i remembered i have a midterm that night

do you think they would let me transfer the tickets to my sister if i win?

Speaking of the doors, did you see the piccie that the Twitter peeps posted? Those are pretty awesome looking.

76230614.jpg

Chicago, Mama Mia, Phantom, Promises, Promises (during previews), Rock of Ages, and Next to Normal, which is right next to Junior's, are the only ones, besides AI, not dark on Monday.

^That's so cool!! I am getting really excited to go and see everything!

Cheryl, maybe that's not it. This place isn't on the avenue, it's on one of the streets between B'way and 8th, I think. In one of those old hotels, like 43th, 44th, or 46th. I'll try and go and find it this weekend. I was thinking of going in the neighborhood anyway, go past the theater, see what's up. See if the signs are outside of the doors. Y'now. :whistle haven't really done that since the tech started. haha. And just to hang out in Times Square. I love being around there on a nice day. Maybe they'll put the lawnchairs out on 7th.

Is it the Brooklyn Diner? That's on one of those streets I think. It's has a really flashy sign outside - never been there to eat, but it's hard to miss. It has a 'Times Square' kinda sign.

Guest Shangri-La

i never mapquested the theater before but i just realized my friend works at a bookstore near the waldorf-astoria, 4 blocks away. i'll ask her about cheap places to hang out at and places that don't card at the door for any under 21's.

i never mapquested the theater before but i just realized my friend works at a bookstore near the waldorf-astoria, 4 blocks away. i'll ask her about cheap places to hang out at and places that don't card at the door for any under 21's.

Zoe, I just noticed that that map is a little off, the theater is on 44th between b'way and 8th.

The waldorf is a long way from the theater. It's on park avenue around the fifties. I can't remember exactly where.

Here's a better link:

http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/theaters/stjamestheater/location.php

Yeah it's like halfway between Sicily and Tunisia. I went there once. They were filming "Troy" there.

yeah but it is too expensive to go to paris or somewher to see a concert. It is like 1000euro and i do not have the money to do thet as I am still a student :(

if you guys are looking for a place to meet up pre-show in april, consider carmines. its on the same block as the st james and its family-style italian. the portions are HUGE and they have large tables so you can all sit together. they can acccomodate really big parties.

Hey - did anyone link the news about the student lottery system? Thank god of student IDs that don't expire!

(The info is on the show's website!)

if you guys are looking for a place to meet up pre-show in april, consider carmines. its on the same block as the st james and its family-style italian. the portions are HUGE and they have large tables so you can all sit together. they can acccomodate really big parties.

Carmines is a good choice. It's a bit pricey, but maybe they'll let us share plates and yes, the portions are enormous. Here's the menu and location:

http://www.carminesnyc.com/menus/tdny/index.php

Hey - did anyone link the news about the student lottery system? Thank god of student IDs that don't expire!

I think Justin linked it earlier.

Just putting in my two cents for April 19th...I think it's crucial that the place we eat and./or hang out lets us stay awhile. Carmine's does have seating for large groups of people but that place can be pretty full (I''ve waited for a table there before on a weeknight) so I'm not sure how tolerant they would be of us holding a table for hours if others are waiting. They might be better about it since there are no shows other than AI that night.

Other things to consider - I remember drinking there being kind of expensive and, unless they have changed, they serve "family style" - big portions of food on the table in serving dishes so there will be dishes to agree on and perhaps complicated bills to split. It's a great way to eat (relatively) cheaply in the area, but not without its headaches.

I am so excited for you all going in just a few short days! Hope those of you who are IC members got your entry forms in for the Press Conference and now the morning Sound Check on the 23rd!!! Good luck to everyone who entered. It's nice that the IC is getting some love. :wub:

Although I'm not joining you, Carmine's would be a great choice. The portions are VERY LARGE and shareable. And the location is great for the theatre. (We ate there before theatre ourselves one year and almost fell asleep from all the food. So sharing is a must.)

And it's really really good food too! Oh, and a full bar for those that want.

Just putting in my two cents for April 19th...I think it's crucial that the place we eat and./or hang out lets us stay awhile. Carmine's does have seating for large groups of people but that place can be pretty full (I''ve waited for a table there before on a weeknight) so I'm not sure how tolerant they would be of us holding a table for hours if others are waiting. They might be better about it since there are no shows other than AI that night.

Other things to consider - I remember drinking there being kind of expensive and, unless they have changed, they serve "family style" - big portions of food on the table in serving dishes so there will be dishes to agree on and perhaps complicated bills to split. It's a great way to eat (relatively) cheaply in the area, but not without its headaches.

I am so excited for you all going in just a few short days! Hope those of you who are IC members got your entry forms in for the Press Conference and now the morning Sound Check on the 23rd!!! Good luck to everyone who entered. It's nice that the IC is getting some love. :wub:

I love Carmine's too, food is delish, and it's a great place. But I have to agree with Dorie for this instance. There are going to be 20-25 people, coming and going. Sometimes it's really hard to get a reservation there, Monday prob will not be a problem, but for such a large crowd, it's possible. I think a pub type place or diner would be better all around for the mixed crowd that will be there.

The first and only time I ate at Carmines, my friend's family paid, and there were 17 of us and the bill came to over $800 or something... so, thinking about Dorie and Cheryl's comments, and remembering that... hmm, might be too much.

I'm going up there after work today, I'll scope out some places, I'm still leaning toward the trashy diner in the old, beat up hotel, though... if I can only remember where it is! :)