American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

wait ... the topic which just got closed ....

American-Idiot-Cast-ALBUM???

did i miss something? - or EVERYTHING?

yea they recorded a album for the songs but thats all thats been released

wait ... the topic which just got closed ....

American-Idiot-Cast-ALBUM???

did i miss something? - or EVERYTHING?

Well, if you don't know about the cast album, then YES, you missed something :).

Recording with the cast was finished a few weeks ago. We don't know anything about release dates (though there's speculation that it will be around the time of the show's opening).

Fair enough J'net :) But is there anyway you can re-open my thread once we have enough information to validate one? :) I'd appreciate that :)

Fair enough J'net :) But is there anyway you can re-open my thread once we have enough information to validate one? :) I'd appreciate that :)

Sure - it's not that I don't want you to get credit for starting the thread. I just think it's a bit premature.

Sure - it's not that I don't want you to get credit for starting the thread. I just think it's a bit premature.

I understand :) Thank you :)

What the heck. Like, a whole album? I feel like an idiot right now. :mellow:

Most Broadway shows have a cast recording (Original Broadway Cast Recording) which is released. Some shows have them before the opening, some after opening, and even some after closing... I'm looking at you, Finian's Rainbow. :lol: But yes, per previous OBCR, all the songs that are in the show were recorded and will be put in an album.

What the heck. Like, a whole album? I feel like an idiot right now. :mellow:

Uhuh. I forgot about this cause the other thread about it is closed.

Can't wait to hear it!

Hahaha... Congrats to Justin for co-winning the Tattoo Guess Who. :) I'm curious about the prize.

Hahaha... Congrats to Justin for co-winning the Tattoo Guess Who. :) I'm curious about the prize.

Ha ha thank you! There was no guessing involved! I remember Gerard telling me before he got it how he was going to get a tattoo to remember the show near the end of the run, and then I remember him showing it to me after he'd gotten it. And for some reason, I had a hunch they'd pick him first. The prize was an American Idiot poster (presumably the broadway version)! Woot, one less thing I need to buy. They said it could take a bit to ship, so I think I may ask them whether they can hold it at the theater to get picked up (I intend to get signatures, I don't want to haul it on my luggage on the way out, just the return trip :happy:)

Ha ha thank you! There was no guessing involved! I remember Gerard telling me before he got it how he was going to get a tattoo to remember the show near the end of the run, and then I remember him showing it to me after he'd gotten it. And for some reason, I had a hunch they'd pick him first. The prize was an American Idiot poster (presumably the broadway version)! Woot, one less thing I need to buy. They said it could take a bit to ship, so I think I may ask them whether they can hold it at the theater to get picked up (I intend to get signatures, I don't want to haul it on my luggage on the way out, just the return trip :happy:)

Yeah, I remember him tweeting about it and then he showed it to me when I saw the show the last weekend. Fun times. :thumbsup:

Guest Shangri-La

i want Drama Queen to be recorded with the musical. that would be cool

wait. why would they record drama queen with the musical??

wait. why would they record drama queen with the musical??

they wouldn't, i said it'd be cool

its not even in the musial so they wouldn't record it

Though i still want them to record it

^ definitely not as bad as i thought! i just got my ticket the other day so i'm probably in the wayyy back.

Ok, if you say so. lol :)

I'm sitting there on 4/7... luckily in the front row. Hope I don't faint... haha.

I can't wait for the cast album. I've been listening to the rehersal bootleg a lot recently and I love favorite son, extraordinary girl and letterbomb. I'll probally never get to see the musical so I'm really looking foward to this. I hope it will be available in music shops here and not just on iTunes.

ooh not as bad as i thought.

my seats are up there lol

Yeah it doesn't look to bad. I'm up there too.