American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Hot Tix: http://www.bestofbroadway.com/index.php?command=show&id=285

However, they are probably selling them at the same prices as Telecharge, so might as well go through there?

Hmm... though I didn't know if one bought in bulk from HotTix that the price goes down. Good to know in the future!

Hm... the fact that there's still tickets for the March 24th performance makes me consider getting a really cheap ticket to that, and going to see it twice. Then I could stop whining about having to wait...

Hm... the fact that there's still tickets for the March 24th performance makes me consider getting a really cheap ticket to that, and going to see it twice. Then I could stop whining about having to wait...

I guess that was my point without coming and saying, "oh go spend more money" since it's not my money to spend. BUT if it was...and I lived nearby...I would do it in a heartbeat.

That's what I did. I'm sitting in the front row Balcony on 4/7 and then in the Mezz on 4/22. The 4/7 ticket was $62 and the 4/22 ticket was $127.

If I go back after 4/22, the balcony is going to be my home! But I would get as close to the front balcony (or the back mezzanine, as the tickets are the same price there) as possible.

That's what I did. I'm sitting in the front row Balcony on 4/7 and then in the Mezz on 4/22. The 4/7 ticket was $62 and the 4/22 ticket was $127.

If I go back after 4/22, the balcony is going to be my home! But I would get as close to the front balcony (or the back mezzanine, as the tickets are the same price there) as possible.

I'm doing it. I'm sitting in the Mezz Row B on April 23rd, and I'm probably going to get a fairly cheap ticket to March 24th.

I guess that was my point without coming and saying, "oh go spend more money" since it's not my money to spend. BUT if it was...and I lived nearby...I would do it in a heartbeat.

I live in Catskill, New York... which is about 200 miles or so from NYC. But I can get round trip train tickets for $30, so... basically, I'm in the city alot...

I'm doing it. I'm sitting in the Mezz Row B on April 23rd, and I'm probably going to get a fairly cheap ticket to March 24th.

I live in Catskill, New York... which is about 200 miles or so from NYC. But I can get round trip train tickets for $30, so... basically, I'm in the city alot...

How very sad of me that when someone says they live in New York I automatically assume the city.

But $30 round trip via train isn't bad. But that's about 3 hours each way, right? Is it doable after a show?

How very sad of me that when someone says they live in New York I automatically assume the city.

But $30 round trip via train isn't bad. But that's about 3 hours each way, right? Is it doable after a show?

By train, it only takes about two hours each way. And I'm not sure I know what you mean by double after a show. If you mean, does the train take longer after a show? I don't think so. Or if it costs more after a show? No, it'd still be the same price.

But, I have an uncle who lives in Manhattan, so basically... whenever I go to the city for any sort of event, I've got somewhere to stay the night afterwards, and I'll leave the next day.

By train, it only takes about two hours each way. And I'm not sure I know what you mean by double after a show. If you mean, does the train take longer after a show? I don't think so. Or if it costs more after a show? No, it'd still be the same price.

But, I have an uncle who lives in Manhattan, so basically... whenever I go to the city for any sort of event, I've got somewhere to stay the night afterwards, and I'll leave the next day.

Doable = possible to do. That's what I was wondering if the train sccheudle would work to get you home. But you explained that you don't have to. How very nice is that. Seriously. (I won't say I'm jealous because my niece lives in Greenwich Village so I, too, have family to bunk with if necessary. But it is nice to have those options!)

Doable = possible to do. That's what I was wondering if the train sccheudle would work to get you home. But you explained that you don't have to. How very nice is that. Seriously. (I won't say I'm jealous because my niece lives in Greenwich Village so I, too, have family to bunk with if necessary. But it is nice to have those options!)

Oh, I'd thought you meant double. My bad. :lol:

But yeah, my uncle is really awesome. He's one of those really fun family members, that everyone loves to be around. So basically, I ask him if I can stay with him, and he's like "How about I take the next day off and we go do something?"

So I'm really excited. The one problem is that, while I have a job, I'm a dumbass who never made a bank account. But I've talked to my father, he's going to let me borrow his card, and I'm going to give him the money. I just have to wait for him to get off of work to get the ticket.

There are a few of us going on the 24th. I opted to get good seats for that one, but when I go back on April 19th, I am sitting in the first row, balcony. At least the balcony seats are somewhat affordable.

Catskill is quite a trip from the city, although I've never taken a train, only driven. My hubby's family is from there and from Cairo. :)

There are a few of us going on the 24th. I opted to get good seats for that one, but when I go back on April 19th, I am sitting in the first row, balcony. At least the balcony seats are somewhat affordable.

Catskill is quite a trip from the city, although I've never taken a train, only driven. My hubby's family is from there and from Cairo. :)

I've only driven once, and since... your family is from there, you know that it's a little country town. So city driving frightened me. Since then, I've opted to take the train.

Maybe I'll see you at the show on the 24th. XD

I've only driven once, and since... your family is from there, you know that it's a little country town. So city driving frightened me. Since then, I've opted to take the train.

Maybe I'll see you at the show on the 24th. XD

yeah, it's a small town area, but beautiful up there. City driving frightens me too, lol!! I'm from Staten Island - even tho we are officially part of NYC, it's sorta like the suburbs. Hope to see you on the 24th! :)

yeah, it's a small town area, but beautiful up there. City driving frightens me too, lol!! I'm from Staten Island - even tho we are officially part of NYC, it's sorta like the suburbs. Hope to see you on the 24th! :)

Might be beautiful for vacationing, but when you actually live here... it's quite boring. There's absolutely zip to do. Our hang out is seriously the Dunkin Donuts in Catskill, if that gives you any hint. :lol:

Apparently there was a fire at the St. James today. No one was hurt, but no word on the damage to the theatre its self.

Never mind, sounds like everything was fine. Good thing, that would suck to have it all go up in flames.

Apparently there was a fire at the St. James today. No one was hurt, but no word on the damage to the theatre its self.

Never mind, sounds like everything was fine. Good thing, that would suck to have it all go up in flames.

Incendiary Girl and I were in the theater the other day when she was changing her shirt for the Daily News shoot. Thank goodness there isn't a problem, but there is so much electrical equipment all over the place, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't blow a fuse or 20 here or there anyway!

It's official. I have my ticket for March 24th. YAY!

Don't know if it's been posted, but I think the band and cast did a photoshoot for Rolling Stone yesterday

I'm so glad some GDC people are going on the 24th! We should meet before the show and have a little GDC powwow.

And I can't wait to see the Rolling Stone pictures. I had no idea they were doing that.

Incendiary Girl and I were in the theater the other day when she was changing her shirt for the Daily News shoot. Thank goodness there isn't a problem, but there is so much electrical equipment all over the place, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't blow a fuse or 20 here or there anyway!

Hmmmmmm... :sherlock: ... Incendiary Girl was there? And then they had a fire?

I don't like the sound of this, Watson!

I'm so glad some GDC people are going on the 24th! We should meet before the show and have a little GDC powwow.

And I can't wait to see the Rolling Stone pictures. I had no idea they were doing that.

I'm going on the 24th, but I'm not sure I'll be able to meet up before or after the show on that date. I will certainly be available for chatting in the lobby, though! You must make sure you track me down and say hi!

Guest Shangri-La

got my tickets for the 19th now. stupid $15 service charge.

goddamnit green day. the amount of money i spend on you is just plain crazy.

got my tickets for the 19th now. stupid $15 service charge.

goddamnit green day. the amount of money i spend on you is just plain crazy.

You could say that again... I've got $114 to my name (excluding my savings account), and it's all going to GD's summer tour. Christ, I've spent so much on these guys throughout the years I've been a fan.

I wish I would be able to attend one of these NY shows, but that's impossible. :(

Guest Shangri-La

You could say that again... I've got $114 to my name (excluding my savings account), and it's all going to GD's summer tour. Christ, I've spent so much on these guys throughout the years I've been a fan.

I wish I would be able to attend one of these NY shows, but that's impossible. :(

I know, right?! Whenever I'm having a shitty day and don't want to go to work I just tell myself that I haaaave to save up for the summer tour.

just keep saving. The musical is nowhere near as cool as a regular green day show.

• Like 1

I know, right?! Whenever I'm having a shitty day and don't want to go to work I just tell myself that I haaaave to save up for the summer tour.

just keep saving. The musical is nowhere near as cool as a regular green day show.

Yeah, I'll keep saving. And keep hoping that the show moves down to Pittsburgh for some dates. But that won't happen. :/

And what is your ava from, Gremlins? It's the first thing that popped into my mind...