American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

i'm SO EXCITED for the 19th!!

i saw the musical in berkeley and i'm wondering how different, if at all, it will be on broadway

i saw the musical in berkeley and i'm wondering how different, if at all, it will be on broadway

It went through lots of changes during the Berkeley run so depending on when you saw it there,say if you saw it early, there'll be more changes to it than if you saw it later in the run. :)

I can think of a couple... A friend told me that at some point during the beginning of the run, Johnny would throw his wallet into the audience. :o Another change is that during JOS instead of saying "Turdtown," at the end of the run, it was "Jingletown." Johnny's monologues throughout differed as well as how he played the pause during "When It's Time." Also, the addition of "Last of the American Girls" with "She's a Rebel;" I prefer the combination of the two than just "She's a Rebel." :D

It went through lots of changes during the Berkeley run so depending on when you saw it there,say if you saw it early, there'll be more changes to it than if you saw it later in the run. :)

I can think of a couple... A friend told me that at some point during the beginning of the run, Johnny would throw his wallet into the audience. :o Another change is that during JOS instead of saying "Turdtown," at the end of the run, it was "Jingletown." Johnny's monologues throughout differed as well as how he played the pause during "When It's Time." Also, the addition of "Last of the American Girls" with "She's a Rebel;" I prefer the combination of the two than just "She's a Rebel." :D

i saw it on oct 10...so the middle pretty much

but now i'm even more excited to see all the changes

Three weeks from today! I'll be having dinner right about now and checking every 3 1/2 minutes to be sure I have my ticket.

SOOOOOooooo excited!!!

ah okay, thanks for the info about what to wear. pretty much what i was thinking. just means now i have to go buy pants that dont have holes in them :lol:

im excited to see the changes too.

Funny story: I decided to go pick up my ticket at the box office this past Saturday and there was this group of ladies, possibly in their late 40's, early 50's. They were getting tickets. However, they had no real clue on what the show is about. All they heard/knew was that the cast performed with Green Day at the Grammy's. Anyways, they were asking the box office manager how the show was, but he didn't know anything either. So, I told them that I saw it in Berkeley and that it was really good. They said that that was good and left.

The funny thing was that as they were leaving, one of them said that this was the first time in a long time that she paid full price for a ticket. Heh...

Anyways, here's my picture of the marquee.

69971310.jpg

Three weeks from today! I'll be having dinner right about now and checking every 3 1/2 minutes to be sure I have my ticket.

SOOOOOooooo excited!!!

Awesome! I love being that excited about something, especially for something Green Day related. :)

4 weeks for me!! I'll probably be going through the same ticket checking ritual then too, J'net. Hope I get a chance to meet up with you when you're in the city!

Awesome! I love being that excited about something, especially for something Green Day related. :)

4 weeks for me!! I'll probably be going through the same ticket checking ritual then too, J'net. Hope I get a chance to meet up with you when you're in the city!

Let's just make a point of meeting up. I'll be there until the 29th (couldn't get a flight home on the weekend!).

So, apparently, Tom Hanks is going to visit rehearsal tomorrow. Didn't know he was a Green Day fan. :cool:

So, apparently, Tom Hanks is going to visit rehearsal tomorrow. Didn't know he was a Green Day fan. :cool:

Yeah, he's made appearances at some of their concerts in the past, too.

Wow really, where did you hear this? I love Tom Hanks

i just bought my tickets for the 19th :D

now i need 2 more for later in the week. im thinking the 23rd.

what seats do you guys have for the 19th? mine are really shitty but its ok cuz im going twice and i already saw it in berkeley.

Wow really, where did you hear this? I love Tom Hanks

One of the cast's Facebook walls.

Now every time I watch Forrest Gump; I'll imagine him rocking out with the cast of AI

same. but you know that. and OMG YOUR SIGNATURE :wub:

i just bought my tickets for the 19th :D

now i need 2 more for later in the week. im thinking the 23rd.

what seats do you guys have for the 19th? mine are really shitty but its ok cuz im going twice and i already saw it in berkeley.

yeah... me, Beth, Jordan, and I think a bunch of other people have balcony seats for that night.

really?? that makes me really happy for some reason, haha.

same. but you know that. and OMG YOUR SIGNATURE :wub:

yeah... me, Beth, Jordan, and I think a bunch of other people have balcony seats for that night.

really?? that makes me really happy for some reason, haha.

you're a bitch

get yo ass on aim

me too. like at the very top. last row :lol:

i hope we can still see everything

Does anyone know why tickets aren't on sale for opening night?

because i bought them all for the biggest GDC party ever!!!

me too. like at the very top. last row :lol:

i hope we can still see everything

hahaha yeah...i can't remember what my seat number is because my tickets are in my dorm and i'm at home right now. but i feel like i read or heard somewhere that you can see well wherever you sit. eh.....hopefully! haha

because i bought them all for the biggest GDC party ever!!!

CATERED BY TACO BELL.

i just today learned that AI is produced by Tom Hulce - AMADEUS!

Hahaha - Zoe!

I do love that movie - I think I saw it when it first came out (which might have even been before you were born).

Guest Shangri-La

Hahaha - Zoe!

I do love that movie - I think I saw it when it first came out (which might have even been before you were born).

early 80s, i think. and i love it too!

i think i'm just going to make my mom get me tickets as a birthday present, and most likely for either the 24th or 25th. who else is going on those days?

early 80s, i think. and i love it too!

i think i'm just going to make my mom get me tickets as a birthday present, and most likely for either the 24th or 25th. who else is going on those days?

March or April? I'm going March 24.