American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Guest Shangri-La

I suppose I will go to this.♥

Were you ever not going to?!

So i didn't find me an old rich man, but a young one. so i have a ticket now for the last week of april but i'm not sure on the day.

Is anyone gonna go to Rockwood on Friday? Since it's free & all, I was thinking of maybe swinging by... I haven't seen Gallagher perform solo since.. '07, I think.

Is anyone gonna go to Rockwood on Friday? Since it's free & all, I was thinking of maybe swinging by... I haven't seen Gallagher perform solo since.. '07, I think.

If I was in the city this weekend, I would. :) I went to his last two shows and they were great. He played a lot of old favorites last time, but he has yet played "Constance," so I'm guessing him might on Friday. I surprised that he hasn't announced it on his Twitter yet but I do know of a few people going. You'll have fun. Plus with American Idiot starting up soon who knows when he'll have time to do another show.

I met up with Tanya at one of his gigs in January. The place was already packed about 30 minutes before he went on stage. Grab a seat if you can, they're hard to get.

Blast! My RS shows an ad for a Michael Jackson tribute album! But thank you for the link to the TV spot!

mother of ffuuckckcjvlkfjg;ifjgo;ijf I walked all the the way to Border's to steal/rip this ad out of that magazine and I go to page 62 and it's that fucking MJ album.

DPL_PXl.jpg

Does anyone know why tickets aren't on sale for opening night?

They are reserved for industry (reviewers, etc.), family and friends, etc. There may be some that come available at the last minute if you want to wait and take your chances.

Hey, welcome!!!

I was just wondering - for the cast album that was recently recorded, does it just include the songs, or is the dialogue on there as well (making it the entire play and not just the soundtrack)? I know there isn't much dialogue in the play but I was just curious.

I was just wondering - for the cast album that was recently recorded, does it just include the songs, or is the dialogue on there as well (making it the entire play and not just the soundtrack)? I know there isn't much dialogue in the play but I was just curious.

There's not really any dialogue in the play. There's just the occasional monologue by Johnny between songs. No one else actually speaks a line (or at least, that's the way it was done in Berkeley). I could imagine them including the monologues ... or not. I could see it either way. At this point, we don't know so just have to wait and see :).

Thanks!! That's what I figured, but just wanted to make sure.. Got my tickets for April 19th, I'll be staying until the 21st so hopefully I'll be able to see additional shows :)

Thanks!! That's what I figured, but just wanted to make sure.. Got my tickets for April 19th, I'll be staying until the 21st so hopefully I'll be able to see additional shows :)

Quite a few of us are going on the 19th, so make sure you say hi to us ... GDC meet ups are awesome experiences!

There's not really any dialogue in the play. There's just the occasional monologue by Johnny between songs. No one else actually speaks a line (or at least, that's the way it was done in Berkeley). I could imagine them including the monologues ... or not. I could see it either way. At this point, we don't know so just have to wait and see :).

im getting increasingly nervous that i wont be able to NOT sing along. or do some of the concert response cues to songs. so so so so excited for the 27th!!

im getting increasingly nervous that i wont be able to NOT sing along. or do some of the concert response cues to songs. so so so so excited for the 27th!!

Haha, that's what happened to me the second night I saw it (though I didn't sing, but I wanted to during Holiday something bad...).

I was so into critic mode on the first night, that I was frozen in place.

The second night, I really annoyed the people sitting next to me, methinks... :)

Good luck!

I sure will!! CANT WAIT, do yall wear anything special to identify yourselves as gdc? i've never been to a meetup but they do sound like tons of fun

ok silly question, but do people dress nicer going to broadway?

Well, in the past, people dressed up, but nowadays, it seems like it depends more on the show you're going to and quite frankly, your age. Older theatergoers tend to spruce up a little even to shows like "Hair." Of course, don't come in your sweatpants. However, a nice shirt and jeans would be perfectly acceptable for "American Idiot."

ok silly question, but do people dress nicer going to broadway?

I always wear a nice day dress. But I do that pretty much everyday.

But I feel that it's more respectful of the people who are working so hard on stage to at least look nice. That might just be me.

I sure will!! CANT WAIT, do yall wear anything special to identify yourselves as gdc? i've never been to a meetup but they do sound like tons of fun

Some of us have GDC wristbands, but what we'll probably do is just figure out a way to get together before the show or tell each other what we're wearing so we can find each other in the lobby or something like that. My ava is me, though I'm not sure how that would help you identify me :). We always seem to work it out somehow, though :). As it gets closer to the date and we solidify our plans, we can start figuring out how to meet up.

I'll look forward to it!

I always wear a nice day dress. But I do that pretty much everyday.

But I feel that it's more respectful of the people who are working so hard on stage to at least look nice. That might just be me.

I agree with this, and here's what I told some folks on facebook:

I'm thinking either little black dress (but something I could wear during the day in Tulsa if I wanted to - not anything flashy) or black pantsuit (slightly dressier than business). Maybe black trousers with black shirt and colorful jacket ... something really basic that could be considered dressy or not depending on what I wanted it to be.

I don't think you HAVE to dress up, but I want to show respect for the guys and what they've accomplished.

That's just my approach, but I agree that almost anything will be acceptable these days.

It's fun to dress up a bit for Broadway. Plus, the St. Jimmy theater is truly majestic. One of the most beautiful houses on Broadway. So, ditto what J'net said.