American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

currently it looks like ill be in new york from April 19th - 26th and seeing it somtime during then. probably the 23rd or 24th.

i still need to see if its not that big a deal if i miss a week of school, and hopefully i dont have midterms that week :unsure:

there should be a giant GDC meet up when theres a bunch of people in new york for the theater!

it would be so much fun to meet you guys! :)

I dont know when I should go! I still have to buy my tickets but I have to see if Heather is actually going to come and such but we should have a meet up, I agree with Mari

currently it looks like ill be in new york from April 19th - 26th and seeing it somtime during then. probably the 23rd or 24th.

i still need to see if its not that big a deal if i miss a week of school, and hopefully i dont have midterms that week :unsure:

I'm seeing the musical on the 22nd and the Mystic Knights of the Cobra on the 23rd. Just a thought :).

lol I love you both, you know that! I picked the 4th because it's a Tuesday and they always have the msot energy on Tuesday shows.

I wish like crazy I could go when you were, but this is the only time I could go without missing school.

And yes this will be my first time in the Big Apple, spending Apr 30 - May 6th there :D

Ooo... you'll have fun. If you feel like seeing other Broadway shows, check out: http://www.broadwayforbrokepeople.com/ It'll give you some ideas for some cheap Broadway options. And if you're up for sushi, may I suggest Kodama which is across the street from "Hair." Many Broadway peeps head there. :lol: Also, check out the different music spots and comedy spots in the area: Rockwood Music Hall, Joe's Pub, Ars Nova, Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre And if you're into talk shows, you can check out The Late Night TV Page and see if you can get tickets for a live taping; all of those are free.

I'm seeing the musical on the 22nd and the Mystic Knights of the Cobra on the 23rd. Just a thought :).

awh shucks! im going the day after you! it woulda been wicked to see you again cause the last time we met was at the webster show!

After going back and forth and buying tickets and exchanging them (evil husband!)...I am now the very proud owner of 2 tickets for June 3rd. YYYYYIIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know when I should go! I still have to buy my tickets but I have to see if Heather is actually going to come and such but we should have a meet up, I agree with Mari

omg you have to tell me when you and heather come!

btw im currently watching the 21 Guns musical version on Fuse!

awh shucks! im going the day after you! it woulda been wicked to see you again cause the last time we met was at the webster show!

I'm sure there will be opportunities for meet ups even if we're not at the same show :).

Come on the 23rd!

That's "funny", we'll be in NY exactly at the same period!

I only just found out the cast are/have recorded the full album. Is it going to be green day playing the music or the band that plays during the musical??

Edit: nevermind just read back a page and saw billie is producing it. I can't wait for this to come out. 2010 is looking like it's going to be a great but expencive year

i still think the whole american idiot musical thing is a stupid idea. maybe thats just me though...

Why do you think it's stupid?

It's funny, at first I thought it was stupid too and that it would be really bad and basically a bad idea, but now I LOVE it. I only have crappy recordings and I love those already, nevermind the real musical (which I unfortunately probably won't ever see :().

i still think the whole american idiot musical thing is a stupid idea. maybe thats just me though...

You are not the only one who thinks that. I've read others say the same thing. It's good to keep your own opinions. I had issues about the show and I still do, from both a theatrical view as well as a punk view of "wtf?" But I also have a relationship to the theater that really draws me to this production. Not everyone feels the same way about theater. Don't worry about having your own opinion! :)

Just keep an open mind, maybe go and see it, if you can. :)

Don't feel bad, I'm still not too keen on it. The fact that they're re-recording the album seems quite silly to me as well. :dry:

Don't feel bad, I'm still not too keen on it. The fact that they're re-recording the album seems quite silly to me as well. :dry:

Well, it has to be the cast singing it, plus about half the songs have changed the arrangement. Plus anything that has been adapted into a Broadway musical (ie. "Beauty and the Beast," "Legally Blonde," "Spamalot," etc.) will have its own recording with its original Broadway cast; they're not going to use the original people from what they adapted because then people might expect them to be in the show rather than who is actually in the show.

Look at it this way: Green Day is one entity and American Idiot is another, separate entity. AI has to have its own cast recording, its own singers, its own band, its own fans, its own story... if you go into it and expect Green Day, you're going to be disappointed.

I'm seeing it April 3rd. The tickets came today! I'm soooo excited! My parents got them as my 18th birthday present. Ahhh! I can't wait!!!

I'm seeing it April 3rd. The tickets came today! I'm soooo excited! My parents got them as my 18th birthday present. Ahhh! I can't wait!!!

I booked my plane tickets for March and April today! I had all my tickets for the show delivered via email so I could print them immediately. I cannot wait to see this show again. It's amazingly wonderful. It's not Green Day, but it is Green Day through and through. It's just a different face of Green Day than we've seen before.

Well, it has to be the cast singing it, plus about half the songs have changed the arrangement. Plus anything that has been adapted into a Broadway musical (ie. "Beauty and the Beast," "Legally Blonde," "Spamalot," etc.) will have its own recording with its original Broadway cast; they're not going to use the original people from what they adapted because then people might expect them to be in the show rather than who is actually in the show.

Look at it this way: Green Day is one entity and American Idiot is another, separate entity. AI has to have its own cast recording, its own singers, its own band, its own fans, its own story... if you go into it and expect Green Day, you're going to be disappointed.

I wouldn't expect Green Day, but I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird but this all seems a little overdone to me. Like, when it first came out, I wasn't that thrilled, but I figured I'd check it out a bit. Then came the Grammy performance and the 21 Guns cast video and now the whole album and it just seems like it's being rushed.

I booked my plane tickets for March and April today! I had all my tickets for the show delivered via email so I could print them immediately. I cannot wait to see this show again. It's amazingly wonderful. It's not Green Day, but it is Green Day through and through. It's just a different face of Green Day than we've seen before.

nicely put. couldnt have said it better myself.