American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Tickets have went on sale for the idiot club members a day early, so right now there on sale but is it still just for Amex users?! I'm so confused 0_0

Tickets have went on sale for the idiot club members a day early, so right now there on sale but is it still just for Amex users?! I'm so confused 0_0

It's letting you pay with any card. It just says AMEX. :wink:

The marquee is up.

Per Theo's FB page:

2cypmhf.jpg

BTW, before anyone asks about the Hair sign, its theater is own by the same company that owns the St. James so they put the Hair sign pretty much as an ad. Who knows if it'll stay when AI starts... probably...

Yep. Just about every, if not every, Broadway musical gets a cast album. Its most of the songs, if not every song, from the musical recorded in a studio and released around the time the show opens or a few months afterwords.
:woot:
well, I think I know what I'll want for my next birthday if it gets here :lol:
Haha, yeah, same here!

My friends and I haven't decided when we want to go or what seats we want. Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to wait a couple more days before buying tickets? Or do you think they'll sell out really quickly?

Heyyy everyone! :D I'm really confused on whether to buy tickets for the 1st preview night or the opening night. I don't know. What to do Cuz I wanna go when te band is there.

My friends and I haven't decided when we want to go or what seats we want. Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to wait a couple more days before buying tickets? Or do you think they'll sell out really quickly?

I don't think waiting a couple of days is going to hurt you in terms of it selling out; I don't think that they'll fully sell out this early. However, let me ask you these three questions:

1) Do you want to see the show during previews?

2) Does price/location matter to you?

3) In general, are you looking to see it in the first two months or say, in the summer?

If you want to see the show during previews, I do suggest that you get your tickets sooner rather than later. Previews are cheaper than the normal run but it's less than a month long so you won't have many chances to see then if you wait.

If you want a good seat location and aren't picky on the price, you want to buy your tickets sooner so that you'll get the best seats.

If you're thinking on seeing it within the first two months (well, March to May), I say buy your ticket sooner. If you're aiming for July/August/September, you could wait. Only if the show gets a Tony nom/win will the attendance really get high and good tickets will be hard to come by.

ETA:

I'm really confused on whether to buy tickets for the 1st preview night or the opening night. I don't know. What to do Cuz I wanna go when te band is there.

Well, Opening Night Tickets aren't for public sale... So... maybe preview night then.

Edited by sorano

Kate (ParadoxAndPlaid) and I just got our tickets

April 24th Center Balcony Row B, Seats 110-112 !

Anybody else going that day?

I'm going March 26 (Front Orch), March 27 Mat (Balcony), and April 24 Mat (Mid Orch). I might take my parents on the 10th or 17th... Heh... yeah, definitely catching it before the bandwagon effect happens. :happy: For kicks, I buy get a June 15th ticket...

Maybe as a birthday present i might get tickets

although i havent asked because my birthday is on the May 29

if i got tickets for this for my birthday i would die

What are the odds of it ever coming to Toronto or something?

Will it only ever be in NY?

I'm trying to get my daddy to go with me.

What are the odds of it ever coming to Toronto or something?

Will it only ever be in NY?

I'm trying to get my daddy to go with me.

As of right now, it's only slated to be in New York on Broadway. Later, they may do a tour or an international production but they won't decide on that until a few months on Broadway to see how it fares.

I'm going March 26 (Front Orch), March 27 Mat (Balcony), and April 24 Mat (Mid Orch). I might take my parents on the 10th or 17th... Heh... yeah, definitely catching it before the bandwagon effect happens. :happy: For kicks, I buy get a June 15th ticket...

we're going on the 24th but not orchestra. We should hang out :)

btw out of curiosity is it cheaper to get tickets to the preview shows?

we're going on the 24th but not orchestra. We should hang out :)

btw out of curiosity is it cheaper to get tickets to the preview shows?

For the weekends, it's cheaper, but the value depends on where you're sitting.

During previews, a regular front mezz seat is $122 but during the regular run, it's $127. So, not too much. However, if you wanted a premium front orchestra seat on a Saturday night, during previews, it's $177 but during the regular run, it's $252. Heh... yeah... :o

Heyyy everyone! :D I'm really confused on whether to buy tickets for the 1st preview night or the opening night. I don't know. What to do Cuz I wanna go when te band is there.

I recommend that you choose a date that's good for you. Go for the play - not for the band. The only night the band is pretty much guaranteed to be there is opening night. But there are no tickets on sale for that night. The show is an awesome experience whether or not the band is there. And even if the band is there, it's not a meet and greet situation - they are trying to enjoy a night out at the theater.

That's my advice for what it's worth.

anyone going on the 23rd? :)

Yay, I just purchased my tickets !!!

April 23rd :)

I'm so exciteeeeeeed !!

dude im going that day too! :D

I just got tickets! july 21st. I'm really looking forward to this :D

I wanted to go on the premiere, but since I live in norway, I'm pretty lucky who actually are able to see it at all :happy:

got my tickets this morning!

going March 24th!

really crap seats though, but thats cause my family decided to come so it was hard finding seats all together :/

but im so excited!!

anybody else going the 24th?

I don't know if this've been posted, but...

laksjdfksasf.jpg

does this mean that the people that can't make it to the musical will finally have decent audio? :wub:

I hope the studio recordings comes out in May since my birthday is in May :D

I don't know if this've been posted, but...

laksjdfksasf.jpg

does this mean that the people that can't make it to the musical will finally have decent audio? :wub:

I can't wait for the cast recording! It's so awesome to hear that they are recording it already! :D

I wonder when it'll be out.

I can't wait for the cast recording! It's so awesome to hear that they are recording it already! :D

I wonder when it'll be out.

they'll probably sell it at the theater itself